• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ San Francisco 49ers

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited that this team is hosting a post season game... With this team at home, anything can happen... The only downer of having the opportunity to extend our football season one more week is we have to listen to MrSnuggles bitch, moan, whine, cry and complain...

Im only bitching about the truth.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be Detroit. Looks like a Saturday night game.

Listen... Nothing about this season has been ideal and it's been hard to watch at times, but we're back in the playoffs. There are 20 teams in the league right now wishing they were in this situation and when the Seahawks do eventually stop making the playoffs all the time, we're gonna wonder why we griped so much when we were getting to watch playoff football every year. Let's start the new year by appreciating what we have and what we've had here since 2010.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be Detroit. Looks like a Saturday night game.

Listen... Nothing about this season has been ideal and it's been hard to watch at times, but we're back in the playoffs. There are 20 teams in the league right now wishing they were in this situation and when the Seahawks do eventually stop making the playoffs all the time, we're gonna wonder why we griped so much when we were getting to watch playoff football every year. Let's start the new year by appreciating what we have and what we've had here since 2010.

I've had my time to calm down and I'll be the first to admit that this team has made my blood boil. But they are in the tournament and it's a whole different ball game. This team has shown glimpses of how good it can actually be this year. That New England and Carolina games were probably when they were at their best, while the first Rams game, first Cardinals game and the Tampa Bay game is when they were at their worst. Lets see which team shows up!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our chances vs Detroit... Maybe playing in a wildcard game right now is good for us, we need to establish some momentum, start playing better .... Next Sat it is ...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ita obvious the homers cant handle the truth. We beat a 2 win team by 2 points today. The team showed almost no heart and made krapperdick look like a legit nfl qb

We probably win next week because detroit is the one playoff team in the nfc more inept than we are. Atlanta will destroy us.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ita obvious the homers cant handle the truth. We beat a 2 win team by 2 points today. The team showed almost no heart and made krapperdick look like a legit nfl qb

We probably win next week because detroit is the one playoff team in the nfc more inept than we are. Atlanta will destroy us.

Seahawks offense is funny though, they have struggled for sure, but they've also played great at times so we just don't know what offense will show up... Our defense is my biggest concern, way too many zone coverages that are getting eaten alive ... Man up and blitz more, make Detroit wonder WTF is going on ... I would bet anything Detroit will base there offense on our zones, so we need to mix it up!! I"m not even worried about Atlanta anyway, if we can beat Detroit I'll think about Atlanta...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson is a top 5 QB in this league for sure, and we have people in here saying he may be part of the problem and the O looks better with Boykin?? Wow, this place is something else. The things fans say sometimes...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson is a top 5 QB in this league for sure, and we have people in here saying he may be part of the problem and the O looks better with Boykin?? Wow, this place is something else. The things fans say sometimes...

I was going to post this last night, and figured, naaahhhh....

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't honestly say the offense is shit and somehow Wilson is immune to that. Wilson has his flaws and one that is infuriating is when he gets pressure from the outside he tries to roll out and its usually right into the pass rusher where as most QBs would step up in the pocket. He has created a lot of his own sacks. This year he is NOT playing like a top 5 QB, I get it injuries happen but when people are criticizing the offense but somehow Wilson is getting a pass. All I'm saying is he has had a mediocre season by his standards and something seems off.

Last edited:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't honestly say the offense is shit and somehow Wilson is immune to that. Wilson has his flaws and one that is infuriating is when he gets pressure from the outside he tries to roll out and its usually right into the pass rusher where as most QBs would step up in the pocket. He has created a lot of his own sacks. This year he is NOT playing like a top 5 QB, I get it injuries happen but to say that he is immune to any criticism is crazy.

He's not saying that he's 'immune' from criticism. Hell Wilson is ALWAYS the one to raise his hand and take the blame first anyway.

What he's commenting on is the fans who SEEM to be saying that maybe Boykin is the better alternative.

And to be fair, Wilson has had just a wee bit of success rolling away from pressure and finding guys downfield in the past. It's not like that strategy hasn't served him well.

As he transitions more into being a pocket guy, then yeah, stepping up is something he'll pick up, ESPECIALLY as the team continues to invest more heavily in an O-line so half the snaps aren't d-line jailbreaks.

How's Andrew Luck doing the last couple of years with a suspect O-line? How well did Carson Palmer do this year? Any of the Jets QB's?

Wilson for all his struggles STILL has us hosting a playoff game.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't honestly say the offense is shit and somehow Wilson is immune to that. Wilson has his flaws and one that is infuriating is when he gets pressure from the outside he tries to roll out and its usually right into the pass rusher where as most QBs would step up in the pocket. He has created a lot of his own sacks. This year he is NOT playing like a top 5 QB, I get it injuries happen but when people are criticizing the offense but somehow Wilson is getting a pass. All I'm saying is he has had a mediocre season by his standards and something seems off.

Take a mobile QB that doesn't trust the OL and those things will happen (rolling out when he shouldn't), once the OL gets more consist in pass protection that should fix itself.

This certainly hasn't been one of RW better years, but all things considered it could easily have been much worse. Still time for him to shine this season, lets see what happens.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a mobile QB that doesn't trust the OL and those things will happen (rolling out when he shouldn't), once the OL gets more consist in pass protection that should fix itself.

This certainly hasn't been one of RW better years, but all things considered it could easily have been much worse. Still time for him to shine this season, lets see what happens.

It has just been a very frustrating year, especially when Carroll said this is the most talented team he has had since 2013 and then they come out and lay an egg in 3 games where they don't even score a TD. I'm very optimistic about the team in the playoffs, but because of how up and down the season has been there are still some doubts.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping Alex Collins gets more early carries from here, as this is the 2nd straight game where he's looked considerably more effective than Rawls.

I don't do a bunch of second guessing of the coaches because in general I feel it's a big waste of time, but yesterday I was a bit puzzled by Sherm returning punts. Why not Richardson...especially when the strategy became clear with Sherm: just fair catch it. Then when Baldwin stretched out and nearly blocked that punt, I was wondering why it wasn't him fielding the punts while we used Sherman -- and his length -- to try to get to the punter.

We may now be to the point where the kicking game is the weakest area of the team. We've seen it all lately -- multiple missed/blocked FGs/PATs, blocked punt, and now a snap over the head of Ryan and out of the end zone. For all the grief the OL has taken this year, it may be the kicking game most in need of an off-season overhaul.

I am not on twitter, but this morning I heard about an interesting tweet from Prosise -- somewhat vague but could be interpreted as him being ready to play. I doubt it's for this week, but if he can get back for the div round then I have the same optimism he can help jump start this offense as when he came back before the NE game.

Anyway, with that I'll put a wrap on this game and the regular season and focus on playoffs, for the 5th straight year.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about the rolling out vs stepping up into the pocket is a lot of times the pocket is being pushed back too. It's easy to second guess R.W.s strategy but at least when he gets out of the tackle box, he has the option to throw the ball away. From what I've seen in a lot of games, there is rarely a pocket to step up into. When there has been, I've seen Russ take advantage of it. It can be frustrating to see him run right into an edge rusher but that has more to do with bad blocking technique than anything. The line and coaches all know where Russell's strengths are and where he is likely to go and the blocking should be a compliment to that as opposed to Russell trying to adjust his game to poor blocking. Obviously, defenses see his tendencies as well so they adjust to close his lanes. I still see him making bigger plays his way than the alternative, though.

As for yesterdays game. Yeah, it was ugly and yeah, the Niners are a bad team going nowhere but it should never come as a surprise when a division rival steps up at home on their final game of the season and puts up a good fight. Our guys may have been looking ahead a little but Bobby Wags appeared to set the tone in the right direction as the game went on. We won and got that 3 seed which is all that matters. I would much rather see the Lions next week than the Giants. The Lions won't be a cake walk but the Giants scare the hell out of me right now. The Giants/Packers WC game will be a great one and I think the winner of it could possibly (not saying likely here but just a maybe) go into Dallas and win. The Hawks need to take care of business this week and then we will see what happens from there.