• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ San Diego Charger

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Seattle poor defense is the main reason you guys were defeated. Can't control time of possession as the chargers did if you aren't moving the ball

thanks Captain Obvious

CO_Flying.gif

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Factor yeah but it seems to be more used as an excuse. If you're defense played as they typically do and didn't allow 10 3rd down conversions the time of possession would've much different which means the heat wouldn't have been as big of an issue

I don't see it used as an excuse. It's just a fact that it had an obvious impact on the Seattle D, and the weather isn't going to be like that in any other games this year. The situation was unique yesterday. The Seahawks don't usually give up that many easy 3rd down conversions, QBs don't usually throw that many perfect passes to their WRs and TEs, and Seattle never plays in 100 degree weather.

I think the thing people are over looking is forced turnovers. Seattle usually wins that battle and they were -1 yesterday. Rivers had maybe one bad pass all game and Seattle couldn't recover any of SD's fumbles. Seattle had one fumble and it resulted in a turnover.

That game yesterday was just a perfect performance by SD in unique conditions. They deserved to win, but I don't see too many teams being able to pull off what the Chargers did yesterday.

With that said, I'm worried as shit about the Denver game because they are one of the few teams that may be able to pull off what the Chargers did. If there is no pass rush and no forced turnovers it's going to be a long day for the Seattle D again.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's bashing? I think weather excuse in any sport for any team is lame because both teams deal with the same weather. I rather hear an injury/poor officiating

I don't like using the weather as factor either but it was obviously enough of an issue that San Diego purposely went with their light coloured jersy's and made Seattle wear their darks so they'd feel the sun more. It must matter to some degree or you wouldn't see teams do that.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it used as an excuse. It's just a fact that it had an obvious impact on the Seattle D, and the weather isn't going to be like that in any other games this year. The situation was unique yesterday. The Seahawks don't usually give up that many easy 3rd down conversions, QBs don't usually throw that many perfect passes to their WRs and TEs, and Seattle never plays in 100 degree weather.

I think the thing people are over looking is forced turnovers. Seattle usually wins that battle and they were -1 yesterday. Rivers had maybe one bad pass all game and Seattle couldn't recover any of SD's fumbles. Seattle had one fumble and it resulted in a turnover.

That game yesterday was just a perfect performance by SD in unique conditions. They deserved to win, but I don't see too many teams being able to pull off what the Chargers did yesterday.

With that said, I'm worried as shit about the Denver game because they are one of the few teams that may be able to pull off what the Chargers did. If there is no pass rush and no forced turnovers it's going to be a long day for the Seattle D again.

Actually I've been waiting for this game to see how the new rules emphasis will impact this defense against a high powered offense and I really have no idea how it will turn out. Not just the no hands after 5y, but more the contact in the trenches.

I want to see if they can fly around with the same speed and aggressiveness as they did last year without increasing the penalties. If they can, then really like their chances. If not, it could be a long day for that team even at home.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's bashing? I think weather excuse in any sport for any team is lame because both teams deal with the same weather. I rather hear an injury/poor officiating

Football is not meant for 120 degree heat ... Dude Seahawks players were getting IV fluid during the game.. That's not ok ... NFL talks about player safety, pushing it in 120 degree heat wearing pads and helmet can give you a heat stroke... Chargers should have a climate controlled stadium .... It's dangerous for anyone to push it in that kinda heat... That's why football isn't a summer sport...

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Seahawks are gonna struggle on the road this season. Win most of their games at home. SuperBowl hangover.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is not meant for 120 degree heat ... Dude Seahawks players were getting IV fluid during the game.. That's not ok ... NFL talks about player safety, pushing it in 120 degree heat wearing pads and helmet can give you a heat stroke... Chargers should have a climate controlled stadium .... It's dangerous for anyone to push it in that kinda heat... That's why football isn't a summer sport...

They aren't the first team to play in that weather. Let's cut the crap about climate controlled stadium please.

Hot weather is to be expected when you play in Cali or Florida in September. It was only 94 degrees yesterday at the stadium. San Diego is in a middle of a heat wave....It happens.

Heat waves are a part of summer weather. We've had heat waves here in NYC in September where it was just as hot so what are you going to do? Not play any games in September because the possibly of heat waves where game day temperature can approach 100 degree which exist in several states.

This had more to do with the defense failing to play as good as everyone is used to. If the defense was able to play like they normally do, the heat wouldn't have been a factor because they wouldn't have been out there for 42+ minutes

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't the first team to play in that weather. Let's cut the crap about climate controlled stadium please.

Hot weather is to be expected when you play in Cali or Florida in September. It was only 94 degrees yesterday at the stadium. San Diego is in a middle of a heat wave....It happens.

Heat waves are a part of summer weather. We've had heat waves here in NYC in September where it was just as hot so what are you going to do? Not play any games in September because the possibly of heat waves where game day temperature can approach 100 degree which exist in several states.

This had more to do with the defense failing to play as good as everyone is used to. If the defense was able to play like they normally do, the heat wouldn't have been a factor because they wouldn't have been out there for 42+ minutes

So if the defense would have played better then they wouldn't have been on the field so long. Thanks for the insight. You have any other pearls to wisdom, like the loss was due to the fact that Seahawks failed to score more points than the Chargers?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Seahawks are gonna struggle on the road this season. Win most of their games at home. SuperBowl hangover.

lol, so you can now tell how the rest of their 7 road games are going to go based on this one game? :L Wow.

So tell us how many road games this team has won/lost in the last year. Now last two years. And tell us how badly they got blown out that they weren't even close to having a chance.

Right.

Next.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You really are bent on making everything about being anti Seattle in every post on every board on this entire site aren't you? :L

Fact: Every member of the secondary for Seattle missed plays due to the heat. They hydrated and prepared for it all week and still struggled with it. It's not debatable. It's fact.

Was that alone why they lost? OF COURSE NOT. Stop making huge deals out of smaller details.

Seattle lost because the offense couldn't eat the clock. They lost because Harvin fumbled. They lost because Irvin was the biggest fucking dumbass alive hitting Rivers when he was already out of bounds on a 3rd down play. They lost because Rivers and Gates had outstanding days and executed their game plan very well. They also lost because the defense seemed a step slower than normal and the heat was at least part of that.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's cut the crap ... Ok let's do that.... 120 on the playing field lands in the issue of player safety.... Because that's how hot it was yesterday on the playing field... That can kill a person you do realize that right ? And incase you haven't noticed players HAVE DIED in training camps from heat stroke so yes it's a safety issue ...

Last edited by a moderator:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really are bent on making everything about being anti Seattle in every post on every board on this entire site aren't you? :L

Fact: Every member of the secondary for Seattle missed plays due to the heat. They hydrated and prepared for it all week and still struggled with it. It's not debatable. It's fact.

Was that alone why they lost? OF COURSE NOT. Stop making huge deals out of smaller details.

Seattle lost because the offense couldn't eat the clock. They lost because Harvin fumbled. They lost because Irvin was the biggest fucking dumbass alive hitting Rivers when he was already out of bounds on a 3rd down play. They lost because Rivers and Gates had outstanding days and executed their game plan very well. They also lost because the defense seemed a step slower than normal and the heat was at least part of that.

Exactly...

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be the SuperBowl Hangover. I expect the Hawks to do poorly on the road. But at home I'm sure that's when they'll turn it up. I expect them to win on the road late in the season when they'll need to. Hawks will be 10-6, make the playoffs.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be the SuperBowl Hangover. I expect the Hawks to do poorly on the road. But at home I'm sure that's when they'll turn it up. I expect them to win on the road late in the season when they'll need to. Hawks will be 10-6, make the playoffs.

Could happen.

But can you guess which team had the best road record in the league last year?

Not every team will be as tough as the Chargers were on their opening day.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate excuses too, but when 3/4 of the LOB spent parts of the game in the locker room with cramps and were getting IVs, I'm not sure how anyone can say it wasn't a factor.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks are a good team that's for sure. Hope they beat the 49ers twice. I hate the Niners. I like the Seahawks QB Wilson. He carries himself well and is a good guy also a fierce competitor. Great draft choice. Kaepernick is big head ego stuck on himself. Can't like that.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading this article about how the Chargers "figured out" how to beat the Seahawks...

San Diego Chargers offer blueprint for beating Seattle Seahawks - NFL.com

It's a pretty good article and he was pretty clear that this game plan requires near flawless execution. Truth be told I think that just about any game plan executed flawlessly can just about anyone.

Primarily you have to avoid turnovers. They coughed up the ball but didn't lose it. That was a crucial aspect to it. If you can run 75 plays without a turnover, you are going to win just about any game. I don't believe that this is likely to happen too often though.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The four main reasons we lost this game

One We could not overcome the Chargers home field advantage. The Seahawks are not the only team in the league with a home field advantage. Sure it wasn't screaming fans, but weather does offer an fairly large advantage for the home team. Weather it is the frozen tundra or the extreme heat, the home team is much more acclimated to these weather conditions. Throw in making us stand on the hot side of the field plus making as wear the dark colors, it was just something we did not handle as well as the Chargers. Make no mistake about it, it is extremely difficult to win on the road. Last year we had a franchise best 6 wins on the road, the previous year when we had a 11 win season, we were only 3 and 5 on the road.

Two We could not get off the field on third down. We did not make any plays on third down while they did. The time of possession was brutal, long drive after long drive after long drive. Combine that with a fumbled kick off, a 3 play scoring drive, it caused our defense to get gassed. It also caused us to have bad field position throughout the game. Even when we stopped them on the last drive, to give us a chance for a game winning drive, we had to let them complete a couple of 3rd down conversions first, which pinned our offense deep in our own territory.

Three We did not play Seahawk football. I think we got away from the basics in our game plan. Part of that was time of possession and the way the game unfolded but we are a run first team. Six carries for the Beast, we are just not going to win many games when we run that little. Our whole passing attack is set up on our ground game.

Four The other team gets paid too. The other team has good players too. The other team is trying real hard too. Rivers is an elite QB. Gates is one of the best TEs in history. These guys did not get to that status without being able to compete and win some battles against good teams. They made more plays on this given Sunday then we did.

Funny thing is we still had a chance to pull off the big heist and win this game