• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Minnesota Vikings

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to read further... Agree 100%.. But my point was, a team moved down the field on us to put themselves into position to hit a 27 yard FG with 5 seconds left... Our defense didn't play that great on the last drive when it mattered the most... Kam had the PI then Kam was the guy who missed the tackle on Rudolph who then galloped down to the 19...

Defense played great otherwise... I just wonder what this place would look like if they made the FG...

On the other side of the coin, I didn't agree with the play calling on our prior two possessions that had our offense throw the ball on 3rd down, which resulted in incompletions, stopping the clock... That was tough to watch...

In fairness, did you believe we could have converted either of those 3rd downs without throwing? The first one was possible, I think it was 3rd and 2 or so. The second one was 3rd and 5, Michael wasn't getting that one.

I liked the call to throw on those (if anything I might have thrown on 2nd down instead once, as I wasn't optimistic that 3 runs would get it done), fight for the first down to try and end the game. Unfortunately it didn't work out.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other side of the coin, I didn't agree with the play calling on our prior two possessions that had our offense throw the ball on 3rd down, which resulted in incompletions, stopping the clock... That was tough to watch...
To me, this is a clear case of "the play didn't work so I didnt like the call." You have the league's rop rated passer and are without your stud RB and the young stud RB who replaced him. If Brian Hoyer was our QB then I agree just running there and essentially conceding the conversion in exchange for clock would be the way to go. But we have Russell Wilson and 5 yards to go to pretty much salt it away. Throwing was just fine there. And if the same scenario shows up this weekend, I hope we approach it the same way.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, did you believe we could have converted either of those 3rd downs without throwing? The first one was possible, I think it was 3rd and 2 or so. The second one was 3rd and 5, Michael wasn't getting that one.

I liked the call to throw on those (if anything I might have thrown on 2nd down instead once, as I wasn't optimistic that 3 runs would get it done), fight for the first down to try and end the game. Unfortunately it didn't work out.

Eating up the clock was more important to me at the time, we needed to put the Vikings into a situation to use their TO's to force an inexperienced Qb into an even harder situation to move the ball downfield had we not gotten the 1st down running the ball...

And I believed that to be the case "Prior" to the pass play being ran...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, this is a clear case of "the play didn't work so I didnt like the call.".

I would normally agree if I wasn't questioning the call "Prior" to the pass play... I felt like chewing off clock was more important... The passing game wasn't clicking like the "Top rated passer" comment would suggest...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would normally agree if I wasn't questioning the call "Prior" to the pass play... I felt like chewing off clock was more important... The passing game wasn't clicking like the "Top rated passer" comment would suggest...
Our best plays were pretty much all out of the passing game, "clicking" or not.