• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Dallas Cowboys

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This snuggles guy is like the king of hyperbole. Not too much point debating guys like that.

Teams who fire coaches in the middle of seasons are bad teams, and the cause:effect is losing:firing. Teams coming off two straight SBs and still in the thick of the playoff hunt don't fire coaches mid-season unless they do something unsavory off the field and leave the boss no choice. Wake up and stop making goofy comparisons such as where this team is to where the Lions are.

You know it's the bye week when we are dredging up these old never-ending, tired arguments.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case anyone wanted to know

Blandino explains consecutive time outs in Seahawks-Cowboys game

Posted by Mike Florio on November 6, 2015, 8:13 PM EST
182996894-line-judge-tom-stephan-calls-a-timeout-gettyimages-e1446858783430.jpg Getty Images
On Sunday in Dallas, the Seahawks were permitted to take consecutive time outs while the Cowboys were in field goal formation late in the second quarter. It’s something that isn’t supposed to happen, and NFL V.P. of officiating Dean Blandino acknowledged the mistake in his weekly officiating video.

The Seahawks called one time out to stop the clock as the Cowboys had reached field goal range late in the first half, so that the Seahawks would have time more left after the kick. Then, as the Cowboys were preparing to line up for the field goal, the Seahawks realized that they had too many men on the field, and they called for a time out as players were trying to get to the sideline.

The same team can’t call consecutive time outs during the same dead-ball period. The umpire accidentally granted the time out. There’s no penalty for that; if the officials incorrectly grant a second time out, the team that called the time out essentially gets a pass.

Blandino also pointed out that a penalty for consecutive time outs to ice the kicker didn’t apply. The first time out was aimed at stopping the clock, and the second was intended to avoid a penalty for having too many men on the field.

Blandino also noted that a penalty flag thrown by the back judge had nothing to do with Seattle calling consecutive time outs. That official initially believed that the Seahawks had 12 men in the formation, which would have been a penalty even if the extra player had gotten off the field. After consultation, it was determined that the Seahawks did not have 12 men in the formation because the snap of the ball was not imminent.

Blandino said that the officials shouldn’t have granted the time out, and that if the Seahawks failed to get any extra players off the field before the snap, they should have been flagged for having too many men on the field.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm.....I didn't think the refs actually granted the time out. I thought they blew the whistle after PC called it, huddled up, then said we couldn't call it and resumed play. Definitely could be having a Brian Williams moment though....

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm.....I didn't think the refs actually granted the time out. I thought they blew the whistle after PC called it, huddled up, then said we couldn't call it and resumed play. Definitely could be having a Brian Williams moment though....

Which in effect was another timeout as the Seahawks where able to get 12 man off the field. So instead of five yard penalty which would have resulted in a first down, the cowboys had 4th and 3 to go. And in a one point game it could make all the different, even though there is no guarantee the cowboys would have scored a touchdown given an additional three plays.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which in effect was another timeout as the Seahawks where able to get 12 man off the field. So instead of five yard penalty which would have resulted in a first down, the cowboys had 4th and 3 to go. And in a one point game it could make all the different, even though there is no guarantee the cowboys would have scored a touchdown given an additional three plays.
Oh yeah, I'm tracking the effect. I just didn't think we got charged a TO.