• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Dallas Cowboys

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chf, I'm sure he grades out at or near the top in creating something out of nothing. Those PFF stats were discussed on KJR by Millen and Holmgren on one of their weekly segments. Millen loves to use some of their advanced matrices.

How do I rate him overall? Top 10 in the league for sure, probably top 5. Of course I think he's held back by elements of this team. Bevell isn't really allowed to call anything aggressive so we have a very vanilla and mostly predictable offense. Not the ideal place to become an expert in advanced passing. They have a weak line and mostly pedestrian receivers.

All I've said is within the system and team he has he can grow and be even better.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think I have him pretty much dead on where you have him, top ten, and arguably top five.

And I agree he has room to grow. I think he could be looked at (in the end) as being one of those special athletes that sort of transcends individual sports. He's certainly not that yet.

But that we as a fanbase can even entertain the idea of getting rid of him so early in his career, is both frustrating, and pretty fvcking fascinating.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think I have him pretty much dead on where you have him, top ten, and arguably top five.

And I agree he has room to grow. I think he could be looked at (in the end) as being one of those special athletes that sort of transcends individual sports. He's certainly not that yet.

But that we as a fanbase can even entertain the idea of getting rid of him so early in his career, is both frustrating, and pretty fvcking fascinating.
Only a select few would entertain that idea. Pretty damn crazy idea.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't view them much differently than the folks that put all of the blame on Bevell.

There are people who call themselves fans that mean well, but clearly have no clue how things work. The beauty of football is the basics are easy enough that you don't have to get that into those details to enjoy it. The down side is when things go wrong you get a lot of really bizarre and ridiculous opinions as to why.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't view them much differently than the folks that put all of the blame on Bevell.

There are people who call themselves fans that mean well, but clearly have no clue how things work. The beauty of football is the basics are easy enough that you don't have to get that into those details to enjoy it. The down side is when things go wrong you get a lot of really bizarre and ridiculous opinions as to why.

You should go talk to the colts, they fired their OC because their offense is garbage. They just dont understand that the OC really is never to blame when his offense that he built and that he runs fails repeatedly. Only difference is that bevell has been an awful failure for 5 years.

They just dont understand the game the way you do, mastermind.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should go talk to the colts, they fired their OC because their offense is garbage. They just dont understand that the OC really is never to blame when his offense that he built and that he runs fails repeatedly. Only difference is that bevell has been an awful failure for 5 years.

They just dont understand the game the way you do, mastermind.
And you don't get the difference between people firing a scapegoat and/or having a HC that relied on goods not delivered, and a team where the HC is dictating the very limits on the offense you scorn.

You really should be pulling for the firing of Carroll if you are this dissatisfied with the offense. He and RS put these pieces on that field and he is the one that wants this conservative at all costs play calling.

Or maybe we can just fire Cable and go find a guy that can build a running game without trying to convert everyone into being linemen when they aren't really skilled for that position.

Either way, your overly simplistic views and explanations are obvious to most up here.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we should wait and see how Luck and the Colts do from here on out? If they continue to struggle, then making change for change's sake in midstream wasn't the right call.

I've always said, fire Bevell if you want to do that. But do it at the end of the season, and start getting your ducks in a row NOW, so you hire someone who is absolutely better than he is.

Franchises that do massive changes in season most often suck swollen blue whale nuts.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you don't get the difference between people firing a scapegoat and/or having a HC that relied on goods not delivered, and a team where the HC is dictating the very limits on the offense you scorn.

You really should be pulling for the firing of Carroll if you are this dissatisfied with the offense. He and RS put these pieces on that field and he is the one that wants this conservative at all costs play calling.

Or maybe we can just fire Cable and go find a guy that can build a running game without trying to convert everyone into being linemen when they aren't really skilled for that position.

Either way, your overly simplistic views and explanations are obvious to most up here.

Im all for firing cable, he has 6 years of failure lined up. But i dont for one second believe that carrolls "conservative offense" is the reason why we have never been able to convert third downs or been very good at scoring in the redzone.

We got bevell the weapons he needs and he still cant do thise two things. Almost anyone would be able to improve our offense with the same players. For some reason you are wedded to the idea that bevell is just a puppet, an empty suit with zero control over the offense he runs.

Which is patently ridiculous

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No what he's saying is if Bevell says, Hey, I want to run a 70-30 pass/run %, Pete is going to veto that. That the conservative NATURE of the offence, low risk nature of the offence, is Pete's philosophy.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't once ever said Bevell is awesome. Go check.

I've said he's far from the only reason this team struggles on offense. And I don't get why Carroll seems to get a free pass on a lot of the things dumped on Bevell. Honestly, if Bevell really is as bad, or even mostly as bad, as some of you feel then why on earth wouldn't you be asking for Carroll's head for not seeing it and firing him?

He's had the tools to win? Really? Where? Harvin, who turned out to be more fucked in the head than any of us even imagined? Rice who was injured more than healthy and never really got going because of it? Oh, you mean Graham who because he isn't as deadly as he was with a guy he had all those years to develop a great understanding of it's automatically Bevell's fault. :L

Give me a break and learn something about football ffs.

Has this offensive line ever been in the top half of the league while Bevell was here? Honest question as I haven't looked it up, but it sure feels like they have been bottom half for a long time.

"The game is won or lost in the trenches". Ever heard that? Your offenses ability to move the ball starts and ends there. You can give Wilson every great receiver in the game, but if he doesn't have time to step up in the pocket and make a throw it doesn't mean anything.

Again, you have an overly simple view of what an offense is and what goes into making a great one in the NFL. As long as Carroll wants ultra conservative play on that side of the ball, you aren't going to get the dynamic killer offense you think we should have.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the FO will give Bevell a pass this season even if the O struggles the rest of the way. I don't think they'll fire him after back to back SB appearences. The Colts are in a different situation cause they don't have much to show except a couple of division titles and a QB that is a turn over machine. So it makes sense for them to try to shake things up before the playoffs. My point is Bevell's here another year unless some college wants him as a HC. If Bevell's fired, how about Ken Wisenhunt as replacement?

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone wants Bevel fired, then you as a Seahawk fan are cheering for them to lose during the second half and the team NOT make the playoffs. That is the only scenario I see for this to happen. Personally, I'm not a fan of Bevel but I'm cheering for my team to make another run to the Super Bowl. The good outweighs whatever bad people see in this team.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire Cable... Fire Bevell... Fire! Fire! Fire! That word is used to loosely here...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad thing is even if the Seahawks win another SuperBowl this year these folks will still be wishing for folks to get fired.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the FO will give Bevell a pass this season even if the O struggles the rest of the way. I don't think they'll fire him after back to back SB appearences. The Colts are in a different situation cause they don't have much to show except a couple of division titles and a QB that is a turn over machine. So it makes sense for them to try to shake things up before the playoffs. My point is Bevell's here another year unless some college wants him as a HC. If Bevell's fired, how about Ken Wisenhunt as replacement?
:L

The FO isn't going to Fire Bevell, because Bevell is doing exactly what they are asking him to do! That's the point. They are telling him to call a run heavy offense with an aging rusher, a near the end of his career guy, and a rookie behind a line we all agree is garbage. That ties his hands. Further, he's instructed to keep whatever passes he does call to very high percentage plays throwing to mostly mediocre receivers and a guy everyone wants to be a stud, but isn't in sync much with Wilson yet. When they do get to open things up and run a 2 minute drill they are typically quite a bit better which proves when the limiters are taken off Bevell can move that offense.

If everyone really wants Bevell gone, you are going to probably have to fire Carroll to get that done.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

The FO isn't going to Fire Bevell, because Bevell is doing exactly what they are asking him to do! That's the point. They are telling him to call a run heavy offense with an aging rusher, a near the end of his career guy, and a rookie behind a line we all agree is garbage. That ties his hands. Further, he's instructed to keep whatever passes he does call to very high percentage plays throwing to mostly mediocre receivers and a guy everyone wants to be a stud, but isn't in sync much with Wilson yet. When they do get to open things up and run a 2 minute drill they are typically quite a bit better which proves when the limiters are taken off Bevell can move that offense.

If everyone really wants Bevell gone, you are going to probably have to fire Carroll to get that done.

Then it's time to take the cuffs off these next 8 games and open up the playbook.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then it's time to take the cuffs off these next 8 games and open up the playbook.
I'd agree with you on that. I'd love to see them take the governors off and let Wilson loose. You might have more turnovers, but you'd increase your explosive plays pretty dramatically. It would take pressure off Lynch and extend his career.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree with you on that. I'd love to see them take the governors off and let Wilson loose. You might have more turnovers, but you'd increase your explosive plays pretty dramatically. It would take pressure off Lynch and extend his career.

I too can live with the turnovers if they could avg 24 to 28pts a game. We have a defense that is starting to get back to form, so let's hope the o-line continues to jell and get some more scoring chances.