• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Atlanta Falcons (Divisional Round)

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing game. Hope in off season these guys can get their shit together.

Still a great team, and am happy as hell with them.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lane would be a terrible idea - as he'd cost $2 million more to the cap off the roster than on it.

Kearse - meh - he's a minnimal savings ($366,666) and so I'm not sure they make that move.
Getting rid of Kearse is a lot less about the cap space than about not allowing Wilson to keep trying to throw to him anymore. He's by far the worse receiver in the NFL. Cut bait and let some of the others that deserve it get his downs.

I've seen enough of Lane to know the team is better off without him as well. Again, not thinking in dollar terms, but performance terms.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting rid of Kearse is a lot less about the cap space than about not allowing Wilson to keep trying to throw to him anymore. He's by far the worse receiver in the NFL. Cut bait and let some of the others that deserve it get his downs.

I've seen enough of Lane to know the team is better off without him as well. Again, not thinking in dollar terms, but performance terms.

I know you're frustrated, but that's a ridiculous claim. He had a bad year, but he's not "by far the worst" receiver in the league. We know you want him gone, you don't have to exaggerate for effect.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thing some changes need to be made. I don't believe in Pete's philosophy anymore in which the offense can be truly lackluster and the defense can make up for it. That hasent worked for two years now. We just don't have the talent that can offset that anymore. Seriously, if a move isn't made with either Bevell and Cable or both, it might be time for Pete to step down.
Can't say I agree with any of this. Well, outside of the offense continuing to be lackluster.

Carroll is the only HC in team history to win a championship and he nearly did it two years in a row. They always go to the playoffs and compete in general every year.

How did some of our fans get to the point where they are interested in firing the best staff this team has ever had because of two seasons not reaching the SB?

If Thomas hadn't been hurt it's easy to believe they win at least one more regular season game just having him there. That puts them as the second seed with a home game this week. Small things make a big difference at this level of football.

They aren't miles off from being a championship team. They had some bad breaks or they would still be right there.

The defense will be fine next year. Just get healthy and things improve a lot over where they are right now.

I have no faith at all they will fix the offense, but they have won before with a mediocre offense so that's not a fatal situation.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you're frustrated, but that's a ridiculous claim. He had a bad year, but he's not "by far the worst" receiver in the league. We know you want him gone, you don't have to exaggerate for effect.
Statistically he is the worst. I'm not making things up for effect at all. PFF has him graded dead last in pro ball.

Our fans want to remember every great play he has come down with and for some reason, entirely forget about every bad play when those FAR outnumber the good or spectacular ones.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statistically he is the worst. I'm not making things up for effect at all. PFF has him graded dead last in pro ball.

Our fans want to remember every great play he has come down with and for some reason, entirely forget about every bad play when those FAR outnumber the good or spectacular ones.

He was among the best WR's in football the year before in catch %. He had a HORRIBLE year this year.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was among the best WR's in football the year before in catch %. He had a HORRIBLE year this year.
oh ok. So how long does a receiver need to be a detriment to your team before you are in favor of moving on? It would appear that number is somewhere more than one full season.

If he had an injury he was playing through maybe, but he's healthy and really REALLY sucked for a complete full season. I'm ready to move on. We have good guys behind him ready to do better.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh ok. So how long does a receiver need to be a detriment to your team before you are in favor of moving on? It would appear that number is somewhere more than one full season.

If he had an injury he was playing through maybe, but he's healthy and really REALLY sucked for a complete full season. I'm ready to move on. We have good guys behind him ready to do better.

I dunno. People wanted him cut part way through this year, and laid Trump and the decline of western civilization at his feet too.

Hyperbole.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're the Cleveland Browns you cut bait right away.

Taylor+Gabriel+Tampa+Bay+Buccaneers+v+Cleveland+RSxEIliwFGnl.jpg

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, that's what happens when you don't cover the middle of the field.
I was wondering why the defense wasn't even TRYING out there. Seriously, what WAS that?!

I was so happy during the second half when I looked and saw someone ripping into them and yelling. This defense needed some kind of wake-up call after allowing too many first downs and big plays.

The O-line allowing that safety was one thing, the penalties on the kick returns in the first half were irritating, too, but FFS, defense, did ANY of you want to stop them?!

And yes, I understand about injuries, every team gets them, but when one guy is down, they must ALL step up in their game, not just whoever is playing in that guy's position. Not many teams can do this in any sport, but it makes a difference when they do.

Well, I guess the best we can hope for is that Schneider decides to rebuild and bring in people who are willing to be more consistent.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much dellusion going on. Our D was never going to hold them under 30 without the O we saw last week. It just wasnt there. No run game, no redzone offense, no pass pro.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they're going to cut Kearse in the offseason, but I do think that he's going to have a tough time getting his status as the #2 receiver back once Lockett comes back. With Richardson playing up to his potential in the playoffs this year and a player like McEvoy showing what they can do at various points in the season, Kearse is going to have a battle on his hands. If he's still having issues during the preseason games and the other guys battling with him outplay him, then he might get cut at that point. Hopefully the season he had this year will cause him to re-focus and work on become a reliable receiver for Wilson again, but he's got the talent to play in this league and hadn't done anything prior to this season to suggest otherwise, so he's going to get the benefit of the doubt.

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I agree with any of this. Well, outside of the offense continuing to be lackluster.

Carroll is the only HC in team history to win a championship and he nearly did it two years in a row. They always go to the playoffs and compete in general every year.

How did some of our fans get to the point where they are interested in firing the best staff this team has ever had because of two seasons not reaching the SB?

If Thomas hadn't been hurt it's easy to believe they win at least one more regular season game just having him there. That puts them as the second seed with a home game this week. Small things make a big difference at this level of football.

They aren't miles off from being a championship team. They had some bad breaks or they would still be right there.

The defense will be fine next year. Just get healthy and things improve a lot over where they are right now.

I have no faith at all they will fix the offense, but they have won before with a mediocre offense so that's not a fatal situation.

I mention Carroll because he seems perfectly content with an offense that takes quarters and even entire halfs off during games because he feels the defense can compensate. Well, it cant anymore. This team is far removed from the dominate defense it had in 2013. The Hawks have regressed each year with the core stars getting older and more prone to injury and I feel the philosophy and schemes need to be changed. I feel its totally unacceptable for an NFL offense to have lapses like ours does. Especially with the talent. I realize the line sucks, but that's not the entire problem. Graham is just being wasted and if I were him, I would demand a trade if Bevell stays on. The bubble screens, the situational awareness and personnel matchup failures, etc,,,. Changes need to be made. Also as for Pete, yeah, he won us a superbowl and I believe he lost us one too, but when is it time to stop resting on past laurels? If he refuse to change things, there is nowhere to go but downhill from here just as the team has been.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering why the defense wasn't even TRYING out there. Seriously, what WAS that?!

I was so happy during the second half when I looked and saw someone ripping into them and yelling. This defense needed some kind of wake-up call after allowing too many first downs and big plays.

The O-line allowing that safety was one thing, the penalties on the kick returns in the first half were irritating, too, but FFS, defense, did ANY of you want to stop them?!

And yes, I understand about injuries, every team gets them, but when one guy is down, they must ALL step up in their game, not just whoever is playing in that guy's position. Not many teams can do this in any sport, but it makes a difference when they do.

Well, I guess the best we can hope for is that Schneider decides to rebuild and bring in people who are willing to be more consistent.

The defense looked lost and out of sync. I'm not sure why Richards continued to let the middle of the field be exploited that badly without trying to fix it. This was an all around poorly played game and I think PC/JS know they need o-line, d-line and secondary help. Weather its through FA or the draft, I expect this team to be more consistent come next season.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire everybody.

Heh.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mention Carroll because he seems perfectly content with an offense that takes quarters and even entire halfs off during games because he feels the defense can compensate. Well, it cant anymore. This team is far removed from the dominate defense it had in 2013. The Hawks have regressed each year with the core stars getting older and more prone to injury and I feel the philosophy and schemes need to be changed. I feel its totally unacceptable for an NFL offense to have lapses like ours does. Especially with the talent. I realize the line sucks, but that's not the entire problem. Graham is just being wasted and if I were him, I would demand a trade if Bevell stays on. The bubble screens, the situational awareness and personnel matchup failures, etc,,,. Changes need to be made. Also as for Pete, yeah, he won us a superbowl and I believe he lost us one too, but when is it time to stop resting on past laurels? If he refuse to change things, there is nowhere to go but downhill from here just as the team has been.
Again, he's the ONLY coach in the entire team history to bring this city a championship. That's not saying you can't fire him because of past deeds, but it is clearly saying his philosophies have worked better than anyone else that has ever stepped on that sideline. Claiming he should be fired when this team is still going to the playoffs year after year and are a few plays away from still being in the same situation as they were in those years you believe they are so far removed from is just ludicrous IMO.

How many teams in all of football are better in your opinion? Which one of their HC's can you poach to take us to higher levels?

If you want to fire Carroll you damned well better have someone really special to take his place because coaches like him don't come along that often.

The core players are getting older and more prone to injuries? :L Thomas is 27. On what planet is that old? Sherman? 28 and hasn't been injured substantially. Wagner has been hurt once. He's 26.

This team is nowhere near 'old' and ailing. They have had injuries every year, as does every team in pro football. It's a part of the game. They were fortunate in those SB years to have most of the worst injuries happen early in the year where they could recover by the time they reached the post season.

I get that the season just ended and people are worked up over it, but this team is not in as dire of straights as some of you want to portray it to be. Not by a long shot.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

regressed hmmm I have seen that mentioned before

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
regressed hmmm I have seen that mentioned before

Kind of flat lined losing in the second round again. I wouldn't say regressed but need to refocus and get some egos checked since they just got handed their lunch today.