• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle is considering

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are very familiar with Kaep's game. I think they prepped for and played him 7 times.

Coach him up while the pressure is off.
Kaepernick is only a one trick pony.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cause he ain't Kaepernick....

He fits worse in that offense than the 2 mentioned.
Cutler is a much more complete QB than either Kaepernick or RG III.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to do with the price of eggs.

He doesn't fit the Seattle offense as well as either Griffin or Kaepernick.

Houston on the other hand should look hard at Cutler.
You know nothing about how a person would fit in a certain offense.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never liked Kaep as a QB...ever. I haven't changed my mind on that. Boykin is a better way to go.
I was at the NFCCG in `13. In the first half he was kicking our ass. Many big runs, one for about 77 yards IIRC. He threw a lazer TD for about 45 yards, an unreal pass that few could throw a dart like that.
That is one of the few times I felt we were going to lose a monster sized game at The Clink. Fortunately halftime adjustments from Pete fixed the problem.
His problem lies within his noggin. maybe dumb it down a bit...who knows.
I have no problem signing him with the understanding he has to beat out the others to be Seattle's back up. If he won the job in TC, then he would have to be the most capable as far as Pete is concerned. If it improves the team, I am all for it.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are very familiar with Kaep's game. I think they prepped for and played him 7 times.

Coach him up while the pressure is off.

They should have spent more time time working on their goal line package.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boykin is better in jail or suspended...just wait

Guess we'll see. Think he can mature and keep his nose clean, but there is always doubt. Can't just stick to Boy Scouts now a days, got to take some shots with players with issues.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the NFCCG in `13. In the first half he was kicking our ass. Many big runs, one for about 77 yards IIRC. He threw a lazer TD for about 45 yards, an unreal pass that few could throw a dart like that.
That is one of the few times I felt we were going to lose a monster sized game at The Clink. Fortunately halftime adjustments from Pete fixed the problem.
His problem lies within his noggin. maybe dumb it down a bit...who knows.
I have no problem signing him with the understanding he has to beat out the others to be Seattle's back up. If he won the job in TC, then he would have to be the most capable as far as Pete is concerned. If it improves the team, I am all for it.

Well I hate the idea. Won't be for it even if I had a better opinion of Kaeps QB skills. Last year the Seahawks decided to develop a young backup. They spent tons of time scouting candidates, signed a few, let them compete for the job, made a choice. Then they spent time prepping him, training him, coaching him up, giving him snaps in camp and even using him in games, just a ton of investment, now they should just throw that away for some castoff QB? Stick to the plan!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I hate the idea. Won't be for it even if I had a better opinion of Kaeps QB skills. Last year the Seahawks decided to develop a young backup. They spent tons of time scouting candidates, signed a few, let them compete for the job, made a choice. Then they spent time prepping him, training him, coaching him up, giving him snaps in camp and even using him in games, just a ton of investment, now they should just throw that away for some castoff QB? Stick to the plan!
Not at all. Just see who earns the job in TC. Job should go to the best candidate, right? I don't care who wins the job. I trust Pete to choose the best player for the organization.
Besides, we invested a lot more in Whitehurst and Flynn than we have invested in Boykin. The better man won out.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. Just see who earns the job in TC. Job should go to the best candidate, right? I don't care who wins the job. I trust Pete to choose the best player for the organization.
Besides, we invested a lot more in Whitehurst and Flynn than we have invested in Boykin. The better man won out.
Yeah they did invest in Whitehurst and Flynn more, but they had not made a choice at that point. Once they landed on RW as the guy the other two were history. They did the same last season for the backup position and landed on Boykin. He did well when called upon, now they need to stick to developing him. I am actually confident they will, I just get aggravated by those who seem to want to sign every name on the market, even the shitty ones.

Last edited: