• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Season Win Total Prediction and Where We Finish in the NLC

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening day is 5 days away! I thought we'd get our predictions in now and then maybe revisit this thread a few times throughout the season to see how right or wrong we were. I'm a glass half full guy so I'm predicting 80-82 and a 3rd place finish in the NLC. I think we can generate enough offense to win and I'm cautiously optimistic about the bullpen (especially the backend). How well we do hinges on the starting rotation and their health (I have a bad feeling about Disco...I bet he ends up being carved on). They HAVE to be able to get us past the 5th or 6th inning routinely for us to have a chance. That means trusting their stuff, throw strikes, and limit walks. The bullpen can't be expected to pitch 4-5 innings every time out again this year. JohnU said it and I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon...my breakout player is Schebler. He played so much better after he was sent down and then brought back up last season. The light bulb was starting to flicker then...I think it lights up this season. Here's to a halfway mediocre season...I love baseball so win or lose, I'm glad it's back!

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was more optimistic a month ago than now mainly because the rotation looks pretty shaky. Part of the problem is that I didn't see Cody Reed improving like I had hoped. With Disco out, and Feldman basically replacing him, we have a pretty bad rotation. Bronson? Oh, well. Garrett and Rookie-D aren't ready to win at the top level. Neither is Stephenson.

Either way, it appears the team isn't going to depend on the starters much and will hope the pen covers it. Could be, that will work provided these guys are pitching out of the pen because they want to.

I was kind of expecting a half-run average more this year from the offense and a half-run less from the bullpen, which could add 5 wins to the season total. From 68 up to about 73 ... that isn't much but let's factor in some luck and get up to 77 wins.

I'd stay stuck on that 75 up to 77 wins.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your predictions better than mine.

If this team wins 80 games they should give Bryan Price a statue.

I predict 2-3 games better than the worst MLB record. 68 wins...again. A man that can't swim treading in deep water is a flippin miracle in itself.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think The Reds will hit the century mark in loses this season. I believe he bullpen will be better but the starting pitching will be horrendous. I hope I'm wrong but.............