• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Season outlook after injuries

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be a Debbie Downer but I think we will be hard pressed to get 9 wins this year without Driskel and Easley now...

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh...hard to tell. You know how many GOAT might have sat our bench for 4 years? You never know what greatness can come from a guy like Murphy until the pressure is on. Even Johnny Football didn't look like much in our game last season.

Easley is a tough pill to swallow though...damn.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh...hard to tell. You know how many GOAT might have sat our bench for 4 years? You never know what greatness can come from a guy like Murphy until the pressure is on. Even Johnny Football didn't look like much in our game last season.

Easley is a tough pill to swallow though...damn.

I think we are better at QB now. However, we will never do much with our current run game. They need to get their shit together and start running tough or LSU, Georgia, etc are going to hand our asses to us. Defense will stay solid. Passing game will actually improve slightly with Murphy. But we better fucking run the ball or it’s all over with. And damn, Easley is a tough loss.

Gatorlick

But why is the rum gone?!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are better at QB now. However, we will never do much with our current run game. They need to get their shit together and start running tough or LSU, Georgia, etc are going to hand our asses to us. Defense will stay solid. Passing game will actually improve slightly with Murphy. But we better fucking run the ball or it’s all over with. And damn, Easley is a tough loss.
Oh, we're 100% better off at QB with Murphy at the helm. Driskell just wasn't progressing the way he should have, and Murphy's doing quite well so far. Aside from a couple misque's due to lack of experience, I have nothing bad to say about his passing. I have no doubt it'll get better as we move forward. And the kid can run. He made a few good runs Sat. Overall, I'm content with the direction we're headed, in spite of all the injuries. That's what's gonna set us apart, how well we adapt and overcome all the injuries. No, this isn't gonna be our best year, but I think we'll do alright, and all the freshmen getting playtime now is only setting us up for success next year.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, we're 100% better off at QB with Murphy at the helm. Driskell just wasn't progressing the way he should have, and Murphy's doing quite well so far. Aside from a couple misque's due to lack of experience, I have nothing bad to say about his passing. I have no doubt it'll get better as we move forward. And the kid can run. He made a few good runs Sat. Overall, I'm content with the direction we're headed, in spite of all the injuries. That's what's gonna set us apart, how well we adapt and overcome all the injuries. No, this isn't gonna be our best year, but I think we'll do alright, and all the freshmen getting playtime now is only setting us up for success next year.

Yeah, I agree with what you’ve said. I’m cautiously optimistic. Like you said, this won’t be our best year, but hopefully it will set us up for a very solid next couple of years. Even Matt Jones looked better. Have to be careful though. It was Kentucky. Holy crap they suck. How can a program suck that badly for so long?

Gatorlick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree with what you’ve said. I’m cautiously optimistic. Like you said, this won’t be our best year, but hopefully it will set us up for a very solid next couple of years. Even Matt Jones looked better. Have to be careful though. It was Kentucky. Holy crap they suck. How can a program suck that badly for so long?
What was this, win 23-24 in a row over them?

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was this, win 23-24 in a row over them?

27 or. 28 consecutive wins..

Gators are now leading the nation in 8 defensive categories..Murphy is 23 of 32 in passing.. he needs these couple of games
3/4 game of Tn, the whole games of Ky and Ark to get into a rhythm.. he's getting there and more confident each game like where we are headed but Lsu/scar/ga is definitely going to test out strength.. but if our defense can stay healthy think we might surprise a lot of folks! Cautiously optimistic..

Ark I believe will be the best test so far.. then the heavy hitters start rolling in.

Gatorlick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
27 or. 28 consecutive wins..

Gators are now leading the nation in 8 defensive categories..Murphy is 23 of 32 in passing.. he needs these couple of games
3/4 game of Tn, the whole games of Ky and Ark to get into a rhythm.. he's getting there and more confident each game like where we are headed but Lsu/scar/ga is definitely going to test out strength.. but if our defense can stay healthy think we might surprise a lot of folks! Cautiously optimistic..

Ark I believe will be the best test so far.. then the heavy hitters start rolling in.
VERY cautiously optimistic! Arky should definitely be a good test for Murphy in prep for LSU, USC, and UGA. But I'm definitely more comfortable moving forward with Murphy than Driskell.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesnt have the physical tools that Driskel has however he is better in the mental game.

Gatorlick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesnt have the physical tools that Driskel has however he is better in the mental game.
Like locking on to his intended receiver, giving his target away to the defender? Or making accurate passes consistently?