• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Season about to kick off....

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I gonna have anybody to talk to over hear this year? The Nugz are healthy and should be back into playoff contention this season.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so much huh??....

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I intend to watch the nationally televised games, Doc. Last year was so disappointing that I rarely watched the games. Hopefully, the team stays healthier this year. Seems to me that we have enough talent that we should win some games.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah...I'm gonna ride out the first month or so before I go in on the league pass. If we come out and go 8-12 in November I probably won't cough up the coin for it this year. I just hope Ty is freaking healthy and Faried doesn't disappoint after signing the big deal. Start Moz, have a healthy Gallo and give that Nurkic kid minutes.

Gonna be interesting for sure. Hope Shaw does better in his 2nd year.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nuggets host Pistons tonight in what I think is their first regular season game. Not on TV here, so I won't see it. Hopefully we start off with a W, though.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TD....not sure if you've got NBA League Pass access, but they're doing a free preview for the first 5 games of the year. Just enough to wet the appetite.....those bastards. That's how they got me last year. Only way I'm paying this year though is if we start off 5-0.......or maybe even 4-1 :suds:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TD....not sure if you've got NBA League Pass access, but they're doing a free preview for the first 5 games of the year. Just enough to wet the appetite.....those bastards. That's how they got me last year. Only way I'm paying this year though is if we start off 5-0.......or maybe even 4-1 :suds:

No, I didn't renew it last year after having had the two previous years. Probably just catch the nationally televised games. Hopefully we get off to 4-1 or 5-0 and then I can also read your descriptions of the games!

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm already losing motivation TD. This might be incredibly short lived.

They've looked like complete crap in all 3 games. Can't hit open shots, no motion in the offense, and the defense has been as pathetic as it ever was last year. Last night against SAC, I couldn't believe how many times they were out of position defensively. We were hacking on almost every possession.

Oh yah.....and I don't think Brian Shaw has one friggin' clue on his rotations. People are coming in and out on every whistle.

Not a good start to the year.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm already losing motivation TD. This might be incredibly short lived.

They've looked like complete crap in all 3 games. Can't hit open shots, no motion in the offense, and the defense has been as pathetic as it ever was last year. Last night against SAC, I couldn't believe how many times they were out of position defensively. We were hacking on almost every possession.

Oh yah.....and I don't think Brian Shaw has one friggin' clue on his rotations. People are coming in and out on every whistle.

Not a good start to the year.

I kind of understood the frustration with Karl consistently getting the team to the playoffs and then failing to win a series (other than a few years ago when we got the conference finals), but he was still one of the better coaches in the league. Letting him and the GM get away last year, without having better replacements, was very disappointing.

Sorry to learn that we look so bad to begin the season. I know that we're on TV Friday night, so I will catch that. Maybe Ty and Galo will round into form.

I see that Hickson is suspended. You know when he'll be back?

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hickson is suspended the first 5 games, so he'll be back quick.

Gallo (undestandably) and Ty have been really, really rusty. Ty had a good 2nd half against OKC the other night, but outside of that he's been passive and just get obliterated on the defensive end.

I'm hoping to see Gary Harris and Erick Green out there before too long. We need all the offensive help we can get right now.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plan to get my first look at the Nuggets tonight, Doc. Hopefully we beat Cleveland, a team that has also struggled to begin the season, but appears on paper to have quite a bit of potential.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:Yah..might as well catch a game while it's still a season.

TBH after watching the game in SAC the other night, I've realized these guys aren't even close. I honestly think we're gonna finish somewhere in the 10-12 range in the West. Brian Shaw looks clueless coaching, and alot of the players (including Ty and Afflalo have already been talked about as tuning him out). He's trying too damn hard to incorporate a Phil Jackson-esqe style with players who don't fit that mold.

This same thing happened last year. We were pretty horrid right up until the all star break, and then Shaw decided to cut the team loose and let them run more. We went on a nice little win streak, and almost snuck back into playoff contention. Man....all I know is if the players are already turning on him this early in the season it's not gonna be a fun year.

So glad I didn't cough up 2 bills for the league pass. Within' 2 weeks they made that decision pretty easy for me. We'll see what happens tonight against the Cavs though. I don't know how on Earth Cleveland is only a -125 on the moneyline right now. If you wanna make a quick buck, drop a hundred on them. You'll thank me in the morning :suds:

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHA.....I actually put $75 down and won $60. I may ride the sorryness of these guys all year.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win last night was the third in four tries. Maybe the team is finding itself a bit.

I see that Chandler has replaced Galo in the starting lineup. Probably good, while Galo works his way back to form.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup....gotta say, I'm back on the wagon. Took a couple weeks to kind of mesh, but we look much improved on both ends of the floor these past 4 games.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five of the last six, Doc!

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These freakin' guys.

I swear to God this isn't the same 12 guys who suited up two weeks ago. They can't be the same people.

We're moving the ball, shooting MUCH better, and just all around look pretty good the past 10 days. I just hope we don't get mired in mediocrity again this year with the West being so damned deep. Last thing we need is to be middle of the pack again, so we're drafting in the teens.

I'm still not buying the league pass LOL :pound:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These freakin' guys.

I swear to God this isn't the same 12 guys who suited up two weeks ago. They can't be the same people.

We're moving the ball, shooting MUCH better, and just all around look pretty good the past 10 days. I just hope we don't get mired in mediocrity again this year with the West being so damned deep. Last thing we need is to be middle of the pack again, so we're drafting in the teens.

I'm still not buying the league pass LOL :pound:

Funny you mention that ... I would really like to see the game against the Bulls tonight to see if we can extend the streak. Bulls are playing back-to-back road games, but Rose played last night and played well.

Crossed my mind to get league pass, but I too am going to pass, at least for now. Maybe pick it up in a couple of months, after the price is cut.