• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Bengals - Week 5

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam and Wilson are completely to blame. Game is over if Wilson just stays in the pocket and throws to Lockett. Wilson was asked to win a game and failed. The guy just isn't that good. Teams have figured him out. They're not allowing him to roll out anymore. Wilson had an A+ run game performance today, defensive help, and he still failed.

This was the Super Bowl all over. And then the defense. Kam got torched, Cary Williams sucks. Our secondary appears to be a huge liability at this point.

Fine. Then trade Wilson so we can get a guy that's able to shine in Bevell's offensive scheme (whoever the fuck that is).

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was happy how we played overall, but we let this one slip away... D played great but kinda tired out down the stretch... Bengals battled back, tip my hat to them ... We're gonna be fine, I like what I saw overall, some positives with our O-line ... Rawls was fantastic ...

Really dude? Our OL played better and we ran the ball at will... until the 4th quarter when it mattered. Then the clam up, cant get first downs, cant stop anybody.

This should be concening not encouraging. I see many more losses just like this one in the future.

Bottom line, even with better blocking bevell still cannot call a good game situationally. He is terrible.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about? That first TD strike was in the pocket. Maybe the routes they call aren't very conducive for him throwing in the pocket? Maybe Cincy has enough edge speed (which they do) making it not worth the while and it's just a burnt down? And when we started going to the stupid ass read option in OT everything just stalled. Pull it out of the play book and burn it.

This offense is a rotten onion and Bevell's the first layer. Time to pull it off and see what's left. I don't know why people defend him. This team needs a fresh look because he obviously isn't helping. If it still stinks then the problems are deeper.

well, i'm certainly not defending Bevell, so don't apply that comment to me. but if you can't see that Wilson was terrible today and has been the whole season thus far, i just don't know what to say because it's so obvious.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We played great today. That OL and Rawls were awsome. That D was above average(how the fuck do you give up 17 points?)

Panthers up next. Opitimistic for 3-3

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, i'm certainly not defending Bevell, so don't apply that comment to me. but if you can't see that Wilson was terrible today and has been the whole season thus far, i just don't know what to say because it's so obvious.

Wilson is not going anywhere because we signed him for a gazillion dollars. Bevell obviously isn't the cure. I don't care what he has to work with. He can't call a full football game, doesn't know how to work the best receiving threat we have into the offense, goes away from things that are working to things that don't work, calls plays in OT as if it were the first quarter, ....

I don't care if there's other problems. He's not the cure. He doesn't even help. We can't do worse and it's time for a fresh set of eyes because this is pathetic. If we still suck after that then I guess we have to admit that Wilson was overpaid and live with him for the time being.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is not going anywhere because we signed him for a gazillion dollars. Bevell obviously isn't the cure. I don't care what he has to work with. He can't call a full football game, doesn't know how to work the best receiving threat we have into the offense, goes away from things that are working to things that don't work, calls plays in OT as if it were the first quarter, ....

I don't care if there's other problems. He's not the cure. He doesn't even help. We can't do worse and it's time for a fresh set of eyes because this is pathetic. If we still suck after that then I guess we have to admit that Wilson was overpaid and live with him for the time being.

totally agree that Bevell is a major problem and should've been gone a while ago (along with Cable), but that doesn't mean that Wilson isn't without a healthy amount of blame as well.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really dude? Our OL played better and we ran the ball at will... until the 4th quarter when it mattered. Then the clam up, cant get first downs, cant stop anybody.

This should be concening not encouraging. I see many more losses just like this one in the future.

Bottom line, even with better blocking bevell still cannot call a good game situationally. He is terrible.

How many big plays did RW miss downfield to Lockett in that 2nd half? (2)... And both of those would've sealed the game but RW missed them both... Oh yeah, both play calls were done by Bevell but shame on Bevell for not being able to make both throws to a wide open, speedy receiver...

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many big plays did RW miss downfield to Lockett in that 2nd half? (2)... And both of those would've sealed the game but RW missed them both... Oh yeah, both play calls were done by Bevell but shame on Bevell for not being able to make both throws to a wide open, speedy receiver...

Fine. Then trade Wilson because he's the problem I guess. This offense is pathetic. Bevell isn't the cure. Just get rid of him. At this point I'd just as soon them can him and promote Cable because at least he has balls.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine. Then trade Wilson because he's the problem I guess. This offense is pathetic. Bevell isn't the cure. Just get rid of him. At this point I'd just as soon them can him and promote Cable because at least he has balls.

Why would we trade Wilson? The play calls have to be executed and believe it or not, RW doesn't always do that so to only continue to blame bevel for our ineptness on offense is not fair imo...

Lockett was WIDE OPEN on both plays, plays that Bevell drew up but because they weren't executed, you continue to blame Bevell...

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would we trade Wilson? The play calls have to be executed and believe it or not, RW doesn't always do that...

Why? Because the passing offense is anemic maybe? Would you mistake this for a good offense? A mediocre offense? There's long stretches where it's flat out bad. If Wilson not making the plays he needs to then we need somebody that can fix it, because it isn't just one game. It's 4 years.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are such a sycophant. How was our offense rolling the first 3 quarters, calling a totally different offense? The players didnt change but the play calling did. It got a lot worse.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was fucking disgusting. To lose after being up 17 in the fourth......looking a lot like the consistent 8-8 Seahawks of old. I would have rather woken up and gotten punched in the balls than watch that game.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came in expecting that the defense and special teams would have to win this one. First three quarters the Seahawks offense looked better then they had all year. So really bummed the Seahawks end up losing.

On defense Cary Williams was getting burnt left and right. Kam looked terrible and boneheaded penalty by Bennett, covering TE also was a problem.
On offense saw a improvement on running plays. Lockett was getting open. Bad day by Wilson. Gilliam didn't look good as the guy he was suppose to block beat him repeatedly.
Looks grim, but theirs still hope, slim as it is. The team over all played better then I expected, well for three quarters anyway.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just as ready to shit can Bevell as anyone, but all you bitching about him when we had a 17 point lead in the fourth are way off base. If our D contains at least one of those drives we win, they blew it. The money is invested in the D, that's who is suppose to win that game period!

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reactions of some are comical. This, "I know what I am talking about because I can blame someone with my twenty twenty hind sight" style is amusing. Blame Bevell, blame Wilson, blame Bamm Bamm, blame Cable and my favorite blame Carroll. Let's get rid of all these guys and become the 4 win team that we were before they came along. These guys are all a major part of a team that just had 3 consecutive double digit winning seasons, the best in franchise history. These are the guys that brought us to back to back Superbowls winning one of them. This team just went across the country and played a very good team on the road without Lynch, and where in a position to win it. Just like every other game we have played since the middle of the 2011 season, we where in a position to win it. And guess what we win way more of these games then we lose. This team will not quit and will keep fighting to improve for the rest of the season. I personally would like to thank all these guys for putting together an effort that allows us to compete and win, no matter where, who, what time zone, and which players are injured. No matter what we always have a chance to win, so dropping a game here and there is not the end of the world

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People pleased with this loss have not been paying much attention for the past 5 years.