• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks @ Texans

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a game thread yet so I figured I would post one.

Game starts in about 2 and a half hours.

Go Seahawks!

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sooooo early, ow well got to go to work.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Seahawks could be without 3 starting offensive linemen today which is really bad news.

I think the Seahawks defense matches up very well with the Texans but I think our offense is going to have a long day missing 60% of the offensive line.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The #1 and #2 defenses in the NFL going at it in this one. Missing almost our whole starting Oline and our BEST olineman on this team is going to really hurt against the 2nd best defense in the NFL. Here is hoping for a good game with No More Injuries for the Hawks.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the dealio with Houston's fanbase this week? There isn't a single thread (that I could see) on the Houston message boards talking about this game? Seems like an incredible lack of interest for a good team like Seattle coming into their house. And in Texas no less? I thought Texas was football crazy.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the dealio with Houston's fanbase this week? There isn't a single thread (that I could see) on the Houston message boards talking about this game? Seems like an incredible lack of interest for a good team like Seattle coming into their house. And in Texas no less? I thought Texas was football crazy.

I guess the Titan's fan base haven't discovered Sportshoopla yet.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breakdown:

Positives:

1) Russell Wilson. The NFL's most efficient QB over the last 15 games (including playoffs) with a 115 QB rating. With it confirmed that Giacomini and Unger are both inactive for the game, he's gonna have to show every bit of his escapability.

2) Defense. Seahawks are gonna need to make this game a living hell for Schaub, Johnson and Foster. They have the ability, but they will have to execute in this tough road matchup.

Negatives:

1) OLine. Injuries are starting to mount up for the Hawks. 3 starters out on the line, but this is a next man up league, so the reserves will have to step in and perform. This is their chance to show just how much they have to offer as NFL players.

2) J. J. Watt. He's always a concern. He is a one man wrecking crew. You have to know exactly where he is at all times, and you need to know exactly what you want to do with him on every play. Then you have to do it. That could be a much taller task than will be possible.

Matchups:

1) Andre Johnson & Richard Sherman. Sherman has done a good job at shutting down the other teams' WRs, and making teams pay if they don't show him the proper respect. Johnson is the best WR he has faced to this point this season. If he can take Johnson out of the game, then it opens the other LOB members to having opportunities to make plays against the other receivers.

2) Matt Shaub & Pass Rush. This is the week where the Seahawks pass rushers need to come in and put pressure on Schaub. If successful, this game won't be close, no matter who's playing on the OLine in Seattle.

Overview:

This game is still very winnable. A game like this will just show how deep this team really is. I've been of the opinion that our O Line has been a little overrated this year, as Wilson has escaped more sacks than he's actually taken. But, more importantly, Seattle just seems to always make the adjustment when guys go down. It's been uncanny. I expect a nice road win, though it should be close.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blstoker: I fully agree that this game can be Seattle's if our pass rush keeps Shaub in panic-mode. On offense, I see a lot of runs, pitches, and quick screens to make up for our O-line concerns.

Should be a good game. I'm not making any predictions on this one because Houston can play very well.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, I like our chances but this is so hard to predict because we don't know what Texan team will show up. They are an enigma, one game they can look like SB contenders and another they don't look like a play-off team. Shutting down Foster and putting the game in Schaubs hands is key. If we can get pressure on Schaub, we can force some turn-overs. I think our guys might need that and even a score on D.

These O-line injuries are scary but I think if we can double on Watt with a fullback or tight end and give RW just that little extra, we can complete some short routes and hopefully get some yac. Roll-outs away from the pressure can help too. Run it early too with Lynch and co. to slow Houston's pass rush down.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's GO Seahawks,,,,,,,Let's Go Seahawks.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright, here we go. :hope:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breakdown:

Positives:

1) Russell Wilson. The NFL's most efficient QB over the last 15 games (including playoffs) with a 115 QB rating. With it confirmed that Giacomini and Unger are both inactive for the game, he's gonna have to show every bit of his escapability.

2) Defense. Seahawks are gonna need to make this game a living hell for Schaub, Johnson and Foster. They have the ability, but they will have to execute in this tough road matchup.

Negatives:

1) OLine. Injuries are starting to mount up for the Hawks. 3 starters out on the line, but this is a next man up league, so the reserves will have to step in and perform. This is their chance to show just how much they have to offer as NFL players.

2) J. J. Watt. He's always a concern. He is a one man wrecking crew. You have to know exactly where he is at all times, and you need to know exactly what you want to do with him on every play. Then you have to do it. That could be a much taller task than will be possible.

Matchups:

1) Andre Johnson & Richard Sherman. Sherman has done a good job at shutting down the other teams' WRs, and making teams pay if they don't show him the proper respect. Johnson is the best WR he has faced to this point this season. If he can take Johnson out of the game, then it opens the other LOB members to having opportunities to make plays against the other receivers.

2) Matt Shaub & Pass Rush. This is the week where the Seahawks pass rushers need to come in and put pressure on Schaub. If successful, this game won't be close, no matter who's playing on the OLine in Seattle.

Overview:

This game is still very winnable. A game like this will just show how deep this team really is. I've been of the opinion that our O Line has been a little overrated this year, as Wilson has escaped more sacks than he's actually taken. But, more importantly, Seattle just seems to always make the adjustment when guys go down. It's been uncanny. I expect a nice road win, though it should be close.

Good post as always blstoker.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is still very winnable. A game like this will just show how deep this team really is. I've been of the opinion that our O Line has been a little overrated this year, as Wilson has escaped more sacks than he's actually taken.

Unfortunately I feel like we are in a really bad place with the offensive line. Russell Okung and Max Unger are the only two guys on our offensive line that I would not consider a replacement level player. Marshawn Lynch's running ability and Russell Wilson's escapability really make an offensive line that is extremely poor (with the exception of Unger and Okung) look better than it really is.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post as always blstoker.

Thank you. Due to remodeling our house, I wasn't able to put as much into this one and even cut each category by 1. Our line's style allows for the team to plug in other guys and still be effective. Let's go Hawks.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three pick's this game i bet,whoo yeahhh!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, can't let the run get going

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My oh my Earl giving Foster some lip letting him know.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you. Due to remodeling our house, I wasn't able to put as much into this one and even cut each category by 1. Our line's style allows for the team to plug in other guys and still be effective. Let's go Hawks.

Sure didn't look like that during the preseason. I'm hoping they prove me wrong.

For those of you who are unaware, the Seahawks were going to draft Arian Foster in the 6th round but when the Seahawks called Foster on the phone to tell him he sounded really disinterested so the Seahawks decided not to draft him.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job Bryant. He's been playing the pass better so far this season.