• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks QB Russell Wilson one win away from NFL record

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seahawks QB Russell Wilson one win away from NFL record

With Seattle’s 41-20 victory over the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday, Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson registered his 21st win since his NFL debut last season. The league record for most wins in a quarterback’s first two years is 22.

And the Hawks have five games remaining in the 2013 regular season.

Now tied with Dolphins legend Dan Marino for the second-most wins in NFL history through a quarterback’s first two seasons, Wilson still has plenty of chances to break (and surpass) the record. He is just one victory away from tying Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger, who holds the 22-win record.

“Every day my goal is, can I be better than I was yesterday?” Wilson said after Sunday’s win. “If I continue to have that mindset — that fresh mindset of, ‘today is a new beginning’ — I think that really helps me. There’s something that I’m always trying to work on in terms of my craft and to continue to elevate my game. …

“Because I want to be great one day. And to do that, it’s an every-day thing. That’s what I tell my guys: ‘It’s an every-day thing.’ To be a champion, it’s one of those things that, when you wake up in the morning, that’s all you think about.”

The 10-1 Seahawks have their bye this weekend, and will return to the field Dec. 2 for a “Monday Night Football” matchup at CenturyLink Field with Drew Brees and the 8-2 New Orleans Saints — the second-best team in the NFC by record. Seattle then faces the 49ers in San Francisco, the Giants in New York, the Arizona Cardinals in Seattle and the St. Louis Rams for the regular-season finale at home.

Wilson is already squarely in the discussion for NFL MVP this season, up there with front-runners Brees and Peyton Manning. After Wilson’s masterful performance Sunday, when he earned a passer rating of 151.4 (out of 158.3), the second-year Seattle quarterback passed San Diego’s Philip Rivers and now has the NFL’s fourth-best passer rating through 11 weeks this season at 105.1.

Seahawks QB Russell Wilson one win away from NFL record - Seattle Seahawks & NFL News

I decided to post this here rather than HawkTalk since it is very kool.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson deserves allot of credit… Yeah we have a good defense, but this guy is one helluva leader and despite difficult circumstances to that O-line since week 2 of this season he's led this team to where there at right now… His leadership is as strong as it gets..

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson deserves allot of credit… Yeah we have a good defense, but this guy is one helluva leader and despite difficult circumstances to that O-line since week 2 of this season he's led this team to where there at right now… His leadership is as strong as it gets..

And he's 24 frickin' years old. As long as he stays healthy we're set at the QB position for the next decade and that's a good feeling. Franchise QBs can be elusive (look at the Jets, with the exception of maybe Testaverde they haven't had a franchise QB since Namath) and I'm really glad we nabbed one!

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It feels so good to have a franchise QB I feel we will be a great/good team for the next decade

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It feels so good to have a franchise QB I feel we will be a great/good team for the next decade

I'm sure we'll have our ups and downs but locking up the QB spot like we have really takes a load off. Like I mentioned, some teams go decades without finding their guy. I'm glad we did!

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a great article and I love the mention of Wilson being in the discussion for MVP. I just wish Manning wasn't having a potentially record-breaking season, because the voters are going to give him the award unless he misses games or his production falls off considerably.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a great article and I love the mention of Wilson being in the discussion for MVP. I just wish Manning wasn't having a potentially record-breaking season, because the voters are going to give him the award unless he misses games or his production falls off considerably.

Look on the bright side. RW will probably in contention for MVP next year and for many years after that. He'll be vying for MVP honors long after Manning has retired too.

Manning has been playing like a god among boys this year, he deserves it as of right now. RW will be in the conversation for many seasons to come though.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look on the bright side. RW will probably in contention for MVP next year and for many years after that. He'll be vying for MVP honors long after Manning has retired too.

Manning has been playing like a god among boys this year, he deserves it as of right now. RW will be in the conversation for many seasons to come though.

I agree.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Without RWill, this squad would be average and maybe below avg. How many guys can be under pressure, have the ability to freelance and make the signature play? A few guys? A recent report post-Viking game.

Seattle: Three Performances of Note

The Best Young QB in Football

Andrew Luck was the first overall pick, and the guy with all the hype attached to him. The ready-made storyline of replacing Peyton Manning was too good to pass up for most, and his performance has been good enough that most can’t really see past that. Take both players in isolation, however, and I think Russell Wilson is the better of the two.

It’s obviously a moot point, because we can’t do that to any degree of accuracy, so we’ll just stick with what we saw in this game.

Wilson was ruthlessly efficient against the Vikings, taking advantage of the situations he found himself in and making plays when things broke down. His passer rating for the game was 151.4, and it was 149.3 when under pressure. The little flip pass to Lynch harked back to the best of Brett Favre, moving out of pressure’s way and drawing a player to him before splitting a couple of Vikings for the score.

Maybe we can’t sensibly separate Luck and Wilson, but at the moment Wilson makes fewer errors, while still making plenty happen on his own.

Follow Sam on Twitter: @PFF_Sam

3peet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's night and day when comparing Wilson vs. Krappynick.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty crazy that his career QB rating is 102.1 He is also 5th this year behind Foles, Manning, Brees and Rodgers.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure we'll have our ups and downs but locking up the QB spot like we have really takes a load off. Like I mentioned, some teams go decades without finding their guy. I'm glad we did!

yeah this is true if i were a minnesota vikings fan i would be tearing my hair off there a good team they just need that final piece at QB sometimes you gotta do some outrageous like the bears and redskins and give up a TON of draft picks to get a franchise QB in RG3 and Cutler.