• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks OC fired according to reports

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beyond Ecstatic about this.

This NEEDED TO HAPPEN.

I will forever, till i'm 6 feet under, lay the blame on the SB on His head

Hey Bevall

Funny how he gets 100% of the blame for losing the SB and ZERO credit from so many of you for actually getting to within one play of winning that SB to begin with.

Selective analysis is so awesome.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one fine example of living in the Northwest a front row seat to watch this unfold....:pop2:

Sark? This is going to be fantastic!

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t really care if Bevell is fired, but please please do not hire Sark. As mentioned, if Cable is keep, it really doesn’t matter who is OC, nobody can run a offense with a OL that can’t block and Cable has shown he can’t produce a average OL.

Cable has had jack shit to work with.

That's on Schneider and Carrol.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a different point of view:suds:

Darrell Bevell - C - Free Agent
Seahawks fired OC Darrell Bevell.

Bevell had been the Seahawks' offensive coordinator for seven of coach Pete Carroll's eight seasons in Seattle. The 48-year-old has taken plenty of heat in the past but is probably most famous for calling a pass from the one-yard line in the 2014 Super Bowl when Russell Wilson was picked off by Malcolm Butler to win the title for the Patriots. Bevell has been unable to live that moment down, though overall he's been a fine offensive play-caller. GM John Schneider never really gave him an offensive line, and the rushing offense fell apart in 2017 with just one rushing touchdown from a running back. Whoever takes over the job gets perennial MVP candidate Wilson but not much else to work with no running backs or line and Jimmy Graham a free agent. Doug Baldwin turns 30 in September.

Exactly he may be glad to be out based on what they give him to work with and look for other opportunities. Blame it on him but he didnt have much to work with not having a line or any running backs

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 player is fewer than many more than 1 player.

Guess which side of that coin makes the Seattle offensive line horrible.

I'm just saying that I believe Britt would be a solid OG if not playing C, and certainly playing alongside a solid center. I'm not doubting the OL coach was subpar; that much seems clear.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Carpenter played well for the Jets
Breno Giacomini was a fine RG even after his Seattle tenure
Max Unger is still the starting C for a team in the NFC Divisional round
Duane Brown is here now

It's not the drafting or the recognition. It's the coaching. These guys are regressing in the current system and it's clear to see from those who watch them regularly. Money has been thrown at the Oline, but the extension contract after the rookie deals are not being offered because the players are not being developed. Great prospects like Ryan Ramczyk are being passed over and guys who haven't played Tackle since middle school like George Fant are being forced in playing Left Tackle for a perennial NFL playoff team.

What there seems broken to you?

The question is why didnt those 3 stay with Seattle that left. Did they want to much money on their second contracts? Couldnt the front office figure a way to keep them? Was their to much money being spent on defense so maybe not enough money to pay them?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Carpenter played well for the Jets
Breno Giacomini was a fine RG even after his Seattle tenure
Max Unger is still the starting C for a team in the NFC Divisional round
Duane Brown is here now

It's not the drafting or the recognition. It's the coaching. These guys are regressing in the current system and it's clear to see from those who watch them regularly. Money has been thrown at the Oline, but the extension contract after the rookie deals are not being offered because the players are not being developed. Great prospects like Ryan Ramczyk are being passed over and guys who haven't played Tackle since middle school like George Fant are being forced in playing Left Tackle for a perennial NFL playoff team.

What there seems broken to you?

What looks broke to me is talent evaluation with the front office not able to evaluate offensive line talent if they passed on Ramczyk and have Fant

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/firing-bevell-could-things-even-105941705.html

Firing Bevell could make things even more interesting in Seattle

Consider last week’s remarks from receiver Doug Baldwin regarding the issues with the offense: “I can’t say it. My job is to protect the team right now, and I’m doing a poor job of that. How can I say this? It’s not playcalling. It’s not playcalling. We go into a game knowing what the defense is going to give us, the situations we’re going to be in. We don’t execute as a team. Offensively, that’s what we’ve seen countless time and time again that we do not execute the way we should. And that’s on us as players. You guys can blame Bev all you want to, but the truth of the matter us, Bev is not the problem. Probably already said too much.”

He said even more during a game late in the 2017 season, when NFL Films caught him saying on the sideline, “I’m team player, I don’t want to be an asshole, but I need the f–king ball!

So if Bevell isn’t the issue, who was Baldwin talking about? Given Baldwin’s clear frustration with not getting the ball, it’s possible that Baldwin is talking about quarterback Russell Wilson.

There’s a perception that Wilson does too much offensively because he has to. Maybe what Baldwin reluctantly was saying last week is that Wilson does too much because he wants to. Without knowing the plays that were called and the ensuing assignments to the various players, it’s impossible to know whether Wilson is or isn’t going through his progression or whether Wilson is or isn’t bailing on the play that was called and improvising. But it’s possible that Wilson is the one Baldwin is talking about when he talks about players not executing.

Wilson, for whatever reason, has been the target of plenty of resentment within the locker room. The heavy praise heaped on Wilson this year, with the not-so-subtle message that Wilson is doing it all alone, surely hasn’t made things better.

The question now is whether the firing of Bevell will make it worse.

Ultimately, it may hinge on who the next coordinator will be, and whether that person will be viewed as someone who is there to cater to Wilson or to coach him hard.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Pete's not done, he canned the DC and some defensive assistants as well just breaking....

Gutting the place and starting over, Ken Norton will have a job now...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Pete's not done, he canned the DC and some defensive assistants as well just breaking....

Gutting the place and starting over, Ken Norton will have a job now...

Pretty Sure Norton already landed in SF

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson, for whatever reason, has been the target of plenty of resentment within the locker room. The heavy praise heaped on Wilson this year, with the not-so-subtle message that Wilson is doing it all alone, surely hasn’t made things better.
I think that some resentment is most definitely understandable because frankly, all this BS talk from the media and even online by some of you about Wilson being a MVP is crap. I like Russell a lot but he was god awful in many situations and games this year. One of the worst first half QB's in the league and although always better late in games, often coming from behind, it's no way to consistently win in this league. Part of that was Bevell having the same preparation for every game, I believe. Which obviously didn't work. And the defense is no longer dominant enough to hold the fort until the offense gets going.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that some resentment is most definitely understandable because frankly, all this BS talk from the media and even online by some of you about Wilson being a MVP is crap. I like Russell a lot but he was god awful in many situations and games this year. One of the worst first half QB's in the league and although always better late in games, often coming from behind, it's no way to consistently win in this league. Part of that was Bevell having the same preparation for every game, I believe. Which obviously didn't work. And the defense is no longer dominant enough to hold the fort until the offense gets going.

I guess you are getting a new D coordinator as well:

Seahawks fire offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell

In addition, Rapoport reported that defensive coordinator Kris Richard is being given the chance to seek other coaching opportunities and is not expected to return in 2018.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrestling fans will appreciate the following gif.

Seattle is doing this to coaches and cordinators:

RelievedDismalGosling-max-1mb.gif

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unger for Graham has come back to haunt them badly
Outside of the 1 yard line, this is the other event that caused things to take a turn for the worse for the Hawks

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord I'm sick of the lazy thinking on the Superbowl call.