• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks OC fired according to reports

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unger for Graham has come back to haunt them badly

Perhaps. No guarantee Unger changes things currently, since Britt at C has actually been the bright spot on the line and Graham has been a force in the red zone. Those 2 might be a wash while the lost pick and before mentioned ineptitude in coaching may have played a bigger role.

Don't expect to have Graham back in 2018 and I'm personally not too upset about that idea.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps. No guarantee Unger changes things currently, since Britt at C has actually been the bright spot on the line and Graham has been a force in the red zone. Those 2 might be a wash while the lost pick and before mentioned ineptitude in coaching may have played a bigger role.

Don't expect to have Graham back in 2018 and I'm personally not too upset about that idea.

Cant say I watch every Saints game, but when I see them, they are always talking up Unger as the heart of that offensive line

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant say I watch every Saints game, but when I see them, they are always talking up Unger as the heart of that offensive line

Sure, but Britt wasn't exactly a great RG next to Unger, so 2 useful Centers wouldn't do Seattle too much good. Bottom line is C is the least of the worries on the worst 5 man squad. It's the other 4 positions (3 since I think Duane Brown is legit) that need a lot of help and Max Unger wouldn't have been the saving grace.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel like Seattle fans been asking for his firing since I used to beef with them like 4 years ago lol

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unger for Graham has come back to haunt them badly

Not really. Justin Britt has been a serviceable replacement. The problem is Seattle started the season with easily the WORST set of tackles and guards in the league. I put that on Cable. We've given him O-Line drafts, we've picked up players in free agency, and this moron clearly can't coach or evaluate the talent. In addition, he cut Jahri Evans who then played great for New Orleans in 2016 and was serviceable for the Packers in 2017. Also they ignored players like Andrew Whitworth who I think was an all pro this year, yet traded for Duane Brown and sacrificed more draft picks.

Baffling...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Justin Britt has been a serviceable replacement. The problem is Seattle started the season with easily the WORST set of tackles and guards in the league. I put that on Cable. We've given him O-Line drafts, we've picked up players in free agency, and this moron clearly can't coach or evaluate the talent. In addition, he cut Jahri Evans who then played great for New Orleans in 2016 and was serviceable for the Packers in 2017. Also they ignored players like Andrew Whitworth who I think was an all pro this year, yet traded for Duane Brown and sacrificed more draft picks.

Baffling...

Giants also ignored Whitworth who Jerry Reece called "Too Old" in so many words.....One of the reason Jerry Reece now works at Stop and Shoppe

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but Britt wasn't exactly a great RG next to Unger, so 2 useful Centers wouldn't do Seattle too much good. Bottom line is C is the least of the worries on the worst 5 man squad. It's the other 4 positions (3 since I think Duane Brown is legit) that need a lot of help and Max Unger wouldn't have been the saving grace.

Britt only played with Unger during his rookie season. Gotta think he could improve from that first season at G.

Brown is legit, but he's also 32 and has one year left on his contract at $9.75M.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Baffling...

Rams had a similar problem with Boudreau, who was considered an o-line guru. Somehow, every drafted lineman regressed after their rookie season under him until this year when he was let go in favor of Kromer.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt only played with Unger during his rookie season. Gotta think he could improve from that first season at G.

Brown is legit, but he's also 32 and has one year left on his contract at $9.75M.

I'll remind you who his Oline coach would have been... kind of my point in this whole thread

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when you look around the league at Oline play, you see that a lot of guys get pretty good under the right coaching. And yet lineman after lineman in Seattle regress or don't improve at their craft. I think talent can only take you so far unless you are talking HOF good. Good Oline play relies on the right coaching as much or more than any other aspect of the game, imo.
What's truly laughable is that on virtually every televised Seahawk game, guys like Collingsworth, Gruden et al are singing praises for Cable because in their words "he does so much with so little". It's a farce because they haven't watched a guy like Ifedi get worse and worse game after game, season after season. And the Guards get curb stomped every time they face an upper tier Dline. Especially when it comes to run blocking which I've heard for years is supposed to be the easier blocking to teach and learn and most linemen like better. Their footwork is horrendous and they usually have to hold to have a chance. That, to me, is on the coaching.
Don't even get me started on so called tight ends that can't even (or won't) block just a little. A chip here, a help there and 1 yard turns into 4. Fucking Mariota throws a better block than Graham or Willson. That's pathetic.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same Oline coach he had at center though, where you like his play.

1 player is fewer than many more than 1 player.

Guess which side of that coin makes the Seattle offensive line horrible.

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Cable for you guys who arent aware. The green under running is when we had Lynch who led the league in yards after contact.

DSo5YPRUMAArqo-.jpg:large

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beyond Ecstatic about this.

This NEEDED TO HAPPEN.

I will forever, till i'm 6 feet under, lay the blame on the SB on His head

Hey Bevall

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think everyone outside of Ted Thompson knew the Capers firing was looooooooooooooong overdue. Guess it took a violent shove to TT in order to get that done.

No arguing that, but they also dumped their O Line coach and the OC