• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks Free Agency

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we have the money for a decent veteran backup, so I'm thinking late round pick or UDFA.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we have the money for a decent veteran backup, so I'm thinking late round pick or UDFA.

I'd go with unrafted for the season. Truth is RW goes down for a long period of time, season is a wash.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the worst mocks i have seen thus far, truly terrible.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't a post about free agency, but I didn't want to start a new thread for it and it's within the realm of offseason moves, so it made more sense to put it here than anywhere else. Check out who The Ringer has the Seahawks taking in the first round:

https://theringer.com/ringer-nfl-mock-draft-version-2-6917921551d6
Budda Baker. (there, now others don't have to click just to see who it is....you work for the site or something? haha)

I've also heard some talk about Jabrill Peppers for us at 1.26. I've also seen Kevin King for us as he's now climbing mocks with the injury to Sidney Jones coupled (presumably) with an outstanding combine. With the majority of our free agent dollars going to offense and lack of depth in the secondary, it seems likely to me that there will be heavy focus on defense with those 5 picks in rnds 1-3. If they really wanted to, they'll probably be in a position to get 1 of Peppers/King/Baker at 26 and then maybe have a shot at Sidney Jones after that.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seattle Seahawks announced that they’ve signed WR Cyril Grayson to a contract on Monday.

Grayson hasn’t played organized football since 2011 when he was still a senior at Rummel High School in the New Orleans.

However, Grayson was a standout track star at LSU and a seven-time All-American on both indoor and outdoor tracks. He also won four national championships on relay teams.

Grayson took part in LSU’s Pro Day and posted a 4.33 seconds in the 40-yard dash, posted a 10-foot, 7-inch broad jump, and a 34.5-inch vertical leap.

During his senior season in high school, Grayson caught 28 passes for 731 yards receiving and eight touchdowns.

Special teams move? Possibly to limit Lockett's injuries?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaye Howard was cut today, any chance he comes back?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today, the Hawks made a waiver claim and signed a free agent who has been with the team in the offseason before, to add to an increasingly crowded backfield. I think we're still going to see the trio of Rawls, Lacy, and Prosise in the backfield in 2017, but it doesn't hurt to bring a bunch of guys into camp, get a good look at them and have that insurance just in case something happens to the main 3 guys.

Seahawks Awarded RB Mike Davis Off Waivers

Seahawks Sign FB Brandon Cottom, Waive RB Kelvin Taylor

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today, the Hawks made a waiver claim and signed a free agent who has been with the team in the offseason before, to add to an increasingly crowded backfield. I think we're still going to see the trio of Rawls, Lacy, and Prosise in the backfield in 2017, but it doesn't hurt to bring a bunch of guys into camp, get a good look at them and have that insurance just in case something happens to the main 3 guys.

Seahawks Awarded RB Mike Davis Off Waivers

Seahawks Sign FB Brandon Cottom, Waive RB Kelvin Taylor

don't be shocked if Carson is in that mix. Right now there is 11 RB on the team, Way WAY to many when we could use those extra spots for OT's lol. Having 11 RB on the team tells me there is something they don't like, why else have SO many? 6 sure i get it even up to 8 but 11?!?! Have we ever had 11 RB on the roster before? ( of course i am talking during training camps/OTA'a )

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't be shocked if Carson is in that mix. Right now there is 11 RB on the team, Way WAY to many when we could use those extra spots for OT's lol. Having 11 RB on the team tells me there is something they don't like, why else have SO many? 6 sure i get it even up to 8 but 11?!?! Have we ever had 11 RB on the roster before? ( of course i am talking during training camps/OTA'a )

Last year pretty much every RB was injured, maybe just seeing what some of these young RB have to offer in case there is a run of injuries again to the RB corp.:noidea:

Last edited: