• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks Free Agency

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should trade lynch for a 3rd round swap. 106 for their #88.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch announces he wants to come out of retirement once we signed Eddie Lacy

"Isn't it Ironic... don't you think... I little too ironic... Yes I really do think..."

I'm sure in the back of his mind he always wanted to finish as a Oakland Raider... Well no here's his shot... Plus he needs to promote his clothing line as well... Hopefully the Hawks can land a 5th or something via a trade...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch announces he wants to come out of retirement once we signed Eddie Lacy

"Isn't it Ironic... don't you think... I little too ironic... Yes I really do think..."

I'm sure in the back of his mind he always wanted to finish as a Oakland Raider... Well no here's his shot... Plus he needs to promote his clothing line as well... Hopefully the Hawks can land a 5th or something via a trade...
Did he actually announce it? I haven't seen that. Just a bunch of speculation that it's his intention to play again, likely for the Raiders.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he actually announce it? I haven't seen that. Just a bunch of speculation that it's his intention to play again, likely for the Raiders.

It's been reported by multiple sources that he visited Seahawks HQ's a few days ago and wants to play... But yeah, until he actually says something or Hawks management says something, it's just speculation at this point...

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been reported by multiple sources that he visited Seahawks HQ's a few days ago and wants to play... But yeah, until he actually says something or Hawks management says something, it's just speculation at this point...
It has also been reported that he was in town and when in Seattle he often stops in at the VMAC to chill with his homies. Same report said he did not talk to Pete and JS about returning.
This makes sense as it is not up to the Seahawks to allow the green light on Marshawn's possible return.
The procedure requires ML to first apply to the NFL for reinstatement. If approved the Seahawks own his rights and the $9M cap hit that follows. I would assume that the hit is too large for Seattle to absorb and would try to trade him, but my gut says no one trades for him knowing that the Seahawks would cut him anyway and that Oakland is the only team he would play for.
If it is all about playing for the Raiders, the Raiders need to be patient and ML will sign with them as he would then be a UFA.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went through this last year with Lynch coming out of retirement rumors. I'll believe it when he does put his paper work in and the NFL announces he's reinstated.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on the other o-line guy that had a visit over the weekend? I forget his name.

I haven't seen anything about it, or at least I don't remember seeing anything about it. The only other recent non in-house signing that I've definitely heard anything about is the Arthur Brown signing.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen anything about it, or at least I don't remember seeing anything about it. The only other recent non in-house signing that I've definitely heard anything about is the Arthur Brown signing.

Ryan Clady, couldn't remember his name. I was hoping he would sign.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Clady, couldn't remember his name. I was hoping he would sign.

Couldn't care one way or the other on Clady. Playing only 27 of the last 64 games just isn't showing he can stay healthy. I also doubt he's looking for a $4 million prove it deal.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't care one way or the other on Clady. Playing only 27 of the last 64 games just isn't showing he can stay healthy. I also doubt he's looking for a $4 million prove it deal.

Seems like a lot of teams are handing out 1 yr prove it deals. Yes he probably wants more but he might have to go that route if he stays unsigned.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a lot of teams are handing out 1 yr prove it deals. Yes he probably wants more but he might have to go that route if he stays unsigned.

Well, he was given what amounted to a prove it deal last year from the Jets and couldn't prove it, so I don't see anyone giving him anything that is longer than 1 year with a possible option for another (and probably for no more than the $6 million he got last year.)

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he was given what amounted to a prove it deal last year from the Jets and couldn't prove it, so I don't see anyone giving him anything that is longer than 1 year with a possible option for another (and probably for no more than the $6 million he got last year.)

In fairness, The Jets are a heaping pile of shit.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he couldn't even stay on there.....

Everybody is getting cut off that team. I'm not saying he's the long term solution but a band-aid solution is better then no solution at LT.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody is getting cut off that team. I'm not saying he's the long term solution but a band-aid solution is better then no solution at LT.

If it's a one year, no guarantee cheap contract, I'd be OK with that. He could help the young OL sharing what he knows about blocking. Maybe limit his snaps to try to keep him healthy.