• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks 2018 offseason thread

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt our D is going to look different this up coming season, but the one thing I think most of us believe is the FO will do what it takes to put a championship team on the field. This is one of the more interesting off seasons we've had in some time.

I think this will be probably the most interesting yet. Mostly because I can't recall the last time that this team had so many variables to address during the offseason. There are a lot of different directions that this team can take. Luckily we have a franchise QB and arguably the best middle linebacker in the NFL right now. Those are two great pieces to build around.

There is a lot we don't know. I'd be willing to bet that the only 2017 defensive starters on the team in 2019 are Griffin, Wagner, Naz Jones, Jarran Reed and maybe Frank Clark (if they extend him). Perhaps Kam Chancellor if he returns and plays at a high level.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its time to move on from sherman, thomas, and chancellor. if we fall into the trap of extending them our long term cap is bleak and our ability to sign younger guys is at risk. especially when wilson is up for a new contract at $35m per year or something stupid.

so, keep sheldon richardson and say goodbye to the legion of boom. just my opinion.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its time to move on from sherman, thomas, and chancellor. if we fall into the trap of extending them our long term cap is bleak and our ability to sign younger guys is at risk. especially when wilson is up for a new contract at $35m per year or something stupid.

so, keep sheldon richardson and say goodbye to the legion of boom. just my opinion.
I think Sherman is kept, at least through the end of his contract. id be surprised if Thomas wasnt traded, and I dont think Kam plays again.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think we will keep our 1st rounder this year? I don't think there is a chance that we will. Not when we are missing our 2nd and 3rd rounders.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think we will keep our 1st rounder this year? I don't think there is a chance that we will. Not when we are missing our 2nd and 3rd rounders.

I don't think so. If there's a trade out there, they'll find it. They find it when they don't need to add picks, so when they need them - I'm sure they'll deal as much as they can.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. If there's a trade out there, they'll find it. They find it when they don't need to add picks, so when they need them - I'm sure they'll deal as much as they can.

Yup. I actually expect them to move way down, to the mid to late 2nd round.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some low level rumblings that RS may be looking into picking up ASJ as a cheap replacement for Graham.

He's younger and seems to be putting his receiving game together, but like Graham can't really block and has had a few off the field issues. Would certainly come in less than what Graham is getting by a lot, but is that the best place to spend what little cap room they have?

Everyone always loves the story of the home town kid getting to come back to play pro ball, but is this the right fit at the right price?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's a difference maker on O or D line I could see the team keeping their 1st round pick. Otherwise, they'll trade back like they mostly do.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's a difference maker on O or D line I could see the team keeping their 1st round pick. Otherwise, they'll trade back like they mostly do.
Ditto. Might be time for the Seahawks to shock their fans by not moving back.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd expect them to drop out of the first to gain a couple of picks. Me personally, I'd rather see them draft someone at 18.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Given the cap constraints that the Seahawks have, I'd rather move on from Sheldon Richardson.

He played well in his first season in a 4-3, but I'm willing to bet that he gets a big contract from someone. That being said, I'd rather not dedicate a bunch of money to an interior defender when both Naz Jones and Jarran Reed played extremely well in 2017. 20 interior defenders brought in an average of $10m per year. The drop off from Richardson to Jarran Reed and Naz Jones is only slight.

That being said, I'd rather the money that we'd be giving Sheldon Richardson be allocated somewhere else. For that kind of money, we could sign Panthers LG Andrew Norwell. He gave up 13 hurries and no sacks in 2017. To put that into perspective, there was a game in which Rees Odhiambo gave up 10 hurries. Biggest issue with the Seahawks was the offensive line. I'd love to put Norwell next to Brown and Britt. Helps out Russell Wilson and helps us reestablish a run game.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some low level rumblings that RS may be looking into picking up ASJ as a cheap replacement for Graham.

He's younger and seems to be putting his receiving game together, but like Graham can't really block and has had a few off the field issues. Would certainly come in less than what Graham is getting by a lot, but is that the best place to spend what little cap room they have?

Everyone always loves the story of the home town kid getting to come back to play pro ball, but is this the right fit at the right price?

Heard about that.

We have two TE holes to fill. I think ASJ would be a great low-cost substitution. Apparently he isn't drinking anymore, and I always felt that he should've been a top 15 pick at TE. I still find him very raw, but his best comparison is actually Jimmy Graham IMO.

Jimmy Graham would likely cost us at least $8m per year. ASJ has higher upside and would cost half as much.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely we will trade down unless we pick up other picks from trades. I think that would be the smart thing to do.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd expect them to drop out of the first to gain a couple of picks. Me personally, I'd rather see them draft someone at 18.

First round picks are very highly valued. Trade down a few spots in the 1st round and you pick up extra selections.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems pretty unlikely to hold at 1.18 w/o picks in the following 2 rounds. I'm starting to get a little concerned about what's to become of this team in a couple years when most of the great players acquired 5-7 years ago are all gone. While I don't think the last few drafts have been complete whiffs, we also haven't really hit any home runs since 2012. Frank Clark is the closest thing. If we don't hit big on some picks here soon, we could be in trouble by 2020.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First round picks are very highly valued. Trade down a few spots in the 1st round and you pick up extra selections.

I'm good with that as long as the FO doesn't completely drop out of the first. If they do, it wouldn't come as a surprise.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope we keep Sherman, I like his emotion and heart on the field, he always bring a fight... Earl brings emotion and heart also, but with his comments lately,you just get the feeling he doesn't want to be here anymore... As far as Kam, he just doesn't seem like the same player he once was, I think the defensive schemes hurt him a bit and took away from his strengths, but still, he's been hitting HARD for a lot of years, I think it's starting to take it's toll....

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with that as long as the FO doesn't completely drop out of the first. If they do, it wouldn't come as a surprise.

With all the roster spots that the Seahawks need to fill with cheaper players, I wouldn't be surprised if they trade out of the first round to pick up some extra picks.

Seahawks just don't really have the cap space to fill a number of holes with vets.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the roster spots that the Seahawks need to fill with cheaper players, I wouldn't be surprised if they trade out of the first round to pick up some extra picks.

Seahawks just don't really have the cap space to fill a number of holes with vets.

I could see them trade back about three times to recover some picks.