• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Sea bass with laser beams vs boilers

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
jones I'm guessing talbot and The Tadds return

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
got back a bit ago... Sharks played very well for most of the game. Laid an egg to start the third, but deserved the 2 points overall. Helps to catch dallas on the 2nd night of a B2B and down a Dman the whole game.

Still Great to see the depth guys scoring. when you beat the stars scoring four goals without a goal from pavs, cooch, jumbo, patty, or burns, that's a big plus.

On that note, earth to patty? again... 1 goal in the last 13 games? a measly one assist in the 5 game streak. He was poor tonight and is doin his thing yet again.

I refuse to get excited or optimistic, but on the bright side, I figured I was going to a 5-1 loss tonight so to get an exciting game, a W, an a W after giving up the first goal is a real treat... Now to get rid of that shitastic goal song... good god!

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thats why they shoulda traded him when he was on fire --- you know the 20 game slump was coming

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very streaky team this year. Getting scoring from some of the younger players that last few games. Keeping the good play on the road still but starting to win at home. So when did Vlasic start becoming Brent Burns? Sniper! Mystery team this year. Not sure where they will end up at this point. At least the West isn't as good as previous years.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Im just glad they finally put Hertl back on the top line -- that move was long overdue.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Im just glad they finally put Hertl back on the top line -- that move was long overdue.

totally agree. Its huge for hertl and he looks confident!

agreed about trading patty, but whatever, we knew he is prone to looong lazy spells. personally, I dont read much into the W's. 2 are in OT/SO, and only one really was a domination (at least after the 1st vs. tor). the sharks also caught dallas at the right time (they are winless in 7 straight on the road). glad they got the W's, but I think what you see is what you get with them. one injury and they are toast, mentally soft, and somewhere in the middle of the pack.

of course if they do make the PO's, it will sure ease the pain of the last 1st rounder for jones. missing the PO's twice in a row and not even getting that top 10 pick would be painful. Still would love to deal patty at the deadline either way, espcially since they can get max value then. Not too likely...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
sharks deserved 2 points in this one. shame that burns takes a 2 minute shift and stalock lays a fat egg. Could come up with much as both the 1st and 3rd really should not go in, then gives up 1 of 2 in the SO.

Sharks were the better team, but as per this team, they make one or two dumb brainfarts and it costs 'em. Stalock is sadly proving himself time and again as a a poor backup and Burns is also proving game in and out that he belongs at forward as his double digit minus speaks louder than the 41 points to me. I was also sorely disappointed with the PP in OT. They were realllllly slow movin the puck and if you have a full 2 mins (basically) of 4 on 3 in OT and you only pull off 2 total shots in OT speaks loudly. No urgency and really lazy.

On the bright side, the sharks dominated the whole 60 minutes. 2 more goals from the depth guys in nieto and hertl. If they get depth scoring, on paper, the sharks are deep. And they need it cuz fucking marleau is embarrasingly bad right now. For the 5th straight game, patty had just one shot on goal despite playing 20 mins and lots of PP time. no points in 4 straight, Goalless in 9 straight and only 1 goal in the last 13 games. He also just isnt trying hard, floating around, and not using his legs at all.

Bottom line for this one: if jones is in net, its 2 points in regulation.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
forgot the bad luck of two posts including hertl's off the inside of the post, about a 1/4 of a inch away from another OT winner. They play like this every game, and they will rocket up the standings.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stalock laying a fat egg?? He basically let in 2 goals... You cant blame the goalie when he lets in 2 and Burns fucks him for a penality shot goal --- RULE NUMBER 1 of common sense -- if a player has a step on you or break away - LET HIM GO IF YOU DONT HAVE A CLEAR D-PLAY ON THE PUCK!

This loss is on Burns, not Stalock...

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If our goalies can let in 2 goals EVERY GAME id be happy as fuck, whether they are great goals or shitty goals...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
wow likewall, you are very sweet to stalock. he made maybe 2 real good saves the whole game, and while he cant be faulted on the deflection PP goal, he singlehandedly gave up the first one (which had no chance of going in with such a sever angle by the time mccormick caught up to the puck, and the second, the penalty shot should have a success rate of about 30%. In other words, the sharks should have won 3-1 or at worse 3-2 is stalock had been ever respectable. Even on the tip goal, he was in an incorrect butterfly position as his legs were under him instead of the sides. if he had been in proper butterfly position, he would have stopped the deflection by "luck" but really proper positioning. Korky, as a goalie, should be able to confirm.

Did burns fuck up? yes. is that inexcusable given the game situation? yes. Did he take a 2 minute shift which contributed? yes.

But, even still, your goalie gifts one goal and gives up another that he should have had on the PS, its only stalock more than anyone. As I said, if jones is in net, the sharks win this one handily.

p.s.: Stalock gave up 3 goals (4 including the SO). 1 was atrocious, 1 was easily stoppable, and 1 would have been saved if he was better positioned. A good goalie gets a shutout that game. i would also be happy if our goalies gave up 2 per game, but stalock gave up 3, and that third one makes all the difference.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The 3rd made the difference and that was a direct result of Burns being stupid... Point is, even with the shit first goal gave up, they most likely win 3-2... I love Burns, but the guy has been single handedly responsible for so many goals against.
And my sweet spot for Stalock has worn thin as he has sucked asshole this season, but when he finally only gives up 2G and your winning in the final minutes, do not dive bomb a guy on a partial breakaway.
Sorry, as a goalie, that has always been a MAJOR pet peeve of mine as it is WAY easier to stop a breakawy in the heat of the moment, than it is a penality shot...