• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scwhartz to the Giants

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I'm not happy about with Schwartz is that there's not much emphasis on the defensive linemen getting their hands up to block passes. It seems to be a "get to the QB or nothing" approach that he's put on the line. JPP had as many PDs as our whole line did this season.

If Schwartz does go, I hope we can get back to blocking closer to a pass a game instead of a pass every other game or so.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think only the Giants and the Cardinals will be serious contenders for Schwartz's services. If they look elsewhere, good chance Schwartz stays. I got caught up in all the initial media SportsHoopla that I convinced myself he's 100% gone, but that may not be the case.

Another name that has come up recently for the Eagles DC (if Schwartz leaves) is Paul Guenther from Cincinnati. Former Mike Zimmer assistant with a lot of experience, and success with his units over the past few years.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another name that has come up recently for the Eagles DC (if Schwartz leaves) is Paul Guenther from Cincinnati. Former Mike Zimmer assistant with a lot of experience, and success with his units over the past few years.
Heard he was going to Oakland with Gruden.

Then longer we stay in the playoffs the less likely Schwartz leaving becomes. Teams want to fill the HC spot early so they can get the first run at assistant coaches.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard he was going to Oakland with Gruden.

Then longer we stay in the playoffs the less likely Schwartz leaving becomes. Teams want to fill the HC spot early so they can get the first run at assistant coaches.

You were right, Gruden getting announced as Raiders new HC and Guenther is his new DC.