• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scouts.com ranking of top 100 stadium experience 2016

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the list was shit, but keep in mind they were saying the greatest stadium experiences in 2016 so that infers winning teams and interesting game/match ups as well as overall setting and amenities. I mean LSU fell apart, but normally you'd expect their stadium high up lists like this as well as even TAMU. Not as good of an experience for some jackass that goes around the country and gets paid to go to games (seriously, I fucked up on my career path that I'm not one of them) and that's who wrote this. Not a fan experience exactly.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C2vOOTeW8AAYqaV.jpg

That's nice and all, but you've obviously never been to a Fort Wayne Tin Caps game.

6,500+ fans...thrilling stuff.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much a south and west coast thing. And west coast baseball is boring as hell so I'm not sure how they keep watching. Ever try and sit through and Oregon State game? Always find it ironic west coast football is up tempo, score a ton of points, keep the game moving... meanwhile baseball is boring as hell, let's make the game a freaking stand still and take 20 trips to the mound deal.

West coast football fan culture sucks though. Anyone will tell you the atmosphere of games in the Big Ten and SEC dwarf what the Pac 12 does as a whole.

You have outliers like Oregon and Washington, but for the most part it's not a real college gameday experience out there.

Especially now that we've increased our footprint in california, you hear it again and again from recruits, high school coaches and analysts that Pac 12 football just isn't what CFB is all about.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West coast football fan culture sucks though. Anyone will tell you the atmosphere of games in the Big Ten and SEC dwarf what the Pac 12 does as a whole.

You have outliers like Oregon and Washington, but for the most part it's not a real college gameday experience out there.

Especially now that we've increased our footprint in california, you hear it again and again from recruits, high school coaches and analysts that Pac 12 football just isn't what CFB is all about.
Were you able to make to the MCB game? UTVol and I were there, just wondering if any Husker Hooplans made it.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was specifically referring to baseball. I think there are atmospheres all over the country that are great, my comment was just aimed at college baseball. Purely looking at the fact that there is a college baseball forum and it low post rate proves that it isn't important to most people. I don't care how others feel about it though, it is definately a huge thing for me.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was specifically referring to baseball. I think there are atmospheres all over the country that are great, my comment was just aimed at college baseball. Purely looking at the fact that there is a college baseball forum and it low post rate proves that it isn't important to most people. I don't care how others feel about it though, it is definately a huge thing for me.
The problem with college baseball, as opposed to football and basketball, is the stars generally don't go through that level. The top players jump right to the draft and hit the minor leagues. I don't give a shit about minor league baseball either.

There are too many major league games as it is. Hard to justify spending that much time following it, more or less adding more levels. Really don't have that problem with football.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the best venue for College Baseball is technically in Nebraska too...

All I have to do is drive an hour up the road every year.

cws-picture-061212.jpg

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with college baseball, as opposed to football and basketball, is the stars generally don't go through that level. The top players jump right to the draft and hit the minor leagues. I don't give a shit about minor league baseball either.

Yeah I don't either. We have the Royals AA team here but it's not near as popular as Razorback baseball. Probably because a lot of the players are homegrown and people watched them in high school as opposed to the Naturals players being from everywhere. Plus we've had two former players win a Cy Young award recently and the current #1 prospect in baseball come through.

The difference for me is I'll watch the FCS playoffs in football and the mid-major conference tournaments in basketball but I'm not watching a low-end college baseball game lol

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the best venue for College Baseball is technically in Nebraska too...

All I have to do is drive an hour up the road every year.

cws-picture-061212.jpg
I'll say it's still a minor league stadium, but I am damn jealous of that college atmosphere. I've always wanted to make that trip, I plan to one day before I die. Good news is the lady is at the ball park every week with me and may be a bigger fan than me. I'm sure we will save up to see it one day when I really believe LSU has a chance to win it all. Been a while since I have had faith a team is capable of a run.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are too many major league games as it is. Hard to justify spending that much time following it, more or less adding more levels. Really don't have that problem with football.
Maybe most of them do make that jump, but in the SEC there is so much talent that goes play ball. Everyone talks about football and how it is a huge differwnce, but really to me it is baseball. The depth of talent on most rosters is unbelievable. Other conferences have great teams but top to bottom for baseball it is damn competitive. Only team that really sucks is Mizzou.