• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scouting dept ready for the Draft

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @ the in depth Browns draft strategy discussion.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't have any clear cut #1, I think you talk trade.... I get that they already have a ton of picks, but why not get even more assets. They can definitely use them to move up in the 2nd and 3rd rounds to improve position. If you stay put, I'd take the best pass rusher available. I just can't understand a running back as the first overall pick. Maybe I'm still hurting from the KiJana Carter days?

yea. there's no guarantee he's going to be the next Emmit Smith, but there's a good chance he will get 200 yards a game against the Bengals.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't have any clear cut #1, I think you talk trade.... I get that they already have a ton of picks, but why not get even more assets. They can definitely use them to move up in the 2nd and 3rd rounds to improve position. If you stay put, I'd take the best pass rusher available. I just can't understand a running back as the first overall pick. Maybe I'm still hurting from the KiJana Carter days?

Cleveland holds like 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. They also have like 11-12 overall picks. I just don't see them having a need to trade down to gather more picks, when they have that many picks in the first 3 rounds including the top pick in each of the 3 rounds and that many overall picks. You can only keep so many guys on a roster at the end of camp. All that is going to happen is what we did...we drafted a kicker in the 5th round, put them through a competition where only one guy can make the roster and we lost our 5th round pick.

Cleveland needs more talent, but they need a QB worse than anything. However, with that said, I don't see any QB as a clear cut #1 this year. Good depth and talent at QB, but no one stands out in my mind. If that is the case, you take the best player, just like they did last year, but this year that is Barkley. Then you go QB #4 if you can't nab a quality veteran QB like McCarron, Foles or Cousins. Otherwise, I try to trade back up into the first round and nab Rudolph to back up the main QB.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot of companies that still purchase comp tickets to give to people. And there's still a lot of rich folks who don't mind parting with the money even though they might not go to every game it gives them another venue to get drunk.