• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schedule leak

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me the one thing I am still waiting to see what happens is what we do at the LT spot. Do we add somebody in the draft? Do we trade for somebody? Hearing there is a small chance the Eagles cut Peters so could we end up with him? If I feel comfortable about our LT situation to me that is about a 2 game swing when I do my yearly break down.

I agree with this. I feel like the team went a long way toward solidifying the interior of that line. I don't think it's a top-tier unit but I think we're adequate in the middle. I honestly question the ability of any of the LTs in the draft to come in and have an immediate impact on the level we need. This is why part of me is hoping like hell they make that trade for Joe Thomas. He's likely got 3 solid years left in him and he could be a huge difference maker in 2017. A first round pick on Thomas means that pick will realize immediate impact whereas we have no idea how that pick would pan out if applied toward drafting a player at any position. 3 years of a sure solution at LT is worth the pick if you ask me. Especially since this defense is championship caliber. All they need is an offense that can play complementary football and the Broncos are contenders again.

(Stuff like this is also why I wait until after the draft to make my predictions on the schedule.)

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 1 against the Panthers--157 yards
Game 2 against the Colts--134 yards
Game 3 against the Bengals--52 yards--this game they loaded the box to stop the run and dared the Broncos to beat them through the air. Played straight man coverage on the inside with bringing a safety up into the box to help in the run game.
Game 4 against the Bucs--89 yards
Game 5 against the Falcons--84 yards
Game 6 against the Chargers--84 yards
Game 7 against the Texans--190 yards rushing

So more than 1 game in the first 7 of going over 100. They averaged 4.1 yards per carry during this stretch. Not great but right at average for the league. So they were an average rushing team before Anderson went down with injury. Yet by the end of the season they finished 27th in yards and 28 in yards per carry with it over the entire season dropping to 3.6. Over the final 9 games of the season we were a bottom-2 team in yards per carry.

Again did the OL all of a sudden forget how to run block or was there that much of a drop off from Anderson to the other RB's? I would highly recommend going back and watching the final 9 games of the season. There were holes that were open that the RB's missed that in my opinion Anderson would have hit and picked up good yardage. Our rushing offense being terrible cannot and should not be all pinned on the OL. Doesn't mean they don't get some of the blame as again they were not perfect but they were not a bottom-5 rush blocking unit like the end of the season stats show.

FOR THE WIN!!!!!