• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schedule leak

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver to open at home Monday night vs Chargers

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like that match up. Not a fan of starting on Monday night by any means as that just means shorter week already starting out but good chance to get maybe a 1-game lead in the division with the Chiefs playing the Patriots in Foxboro and not sure what the Raiders will have but I'm guessing a decent match up.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you bet we go to Indy or Miami week 2.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking like

Week 3 @ Bills 09/25
Week 6 NYG 10/15/17
Week 10 NE SNF NE has bye week 9

Last edited:

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting Buffalo in Sep is much better than December.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor week 17 at KC
Ugh

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor week 17 at KC
Ugh

Well, we know it will be a division game, so the options are limited. But it would be nice to be at home for it.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Schedule:

vs Chargers (MNF)
vs Cowboys
@ Bills
vs Raiders
bye
vs Giants (SNF)
@ Chargers
@ Chiefs (MNF)
@ Eagles
vs Patriots (SNF)
vs Bengals
@ Raiders
@ Dolphins
vs Jets
@ Colts (TNF)
@ Redskins
vs Chiefs

I'm not sure what to make of it yet. That's a brutal stretch in the middle with 3 straight roadies from one end of the country to the other followed by the Patriots. On the other hand, opening at home and not @ Miami is a pleasant surprise. I love that they are closing against the Chiefs too. Plus that 3 game stretch before the finale looks somewhat favorable, despite the TNF game being in there.

More to follow!

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on 2016 results, the Broncos have the toughest schedule based on opponent's records. However, we all know that it doesn't usually end up that way in the end. I actually like this schedule. Five prime time games is fun but I hate it when the Broncos play on Thursday (doesn't everyone?). It feels like we get our toughest non- division opponents at home, which I like. That Chiefs game to end the season could be incredibly meaningful. Thankfully, it comes at home. My biggest knock on this schedule is the 3 games on the road and a week 5 bye. Much rather have that bye come around week 8 or 9.

Somehow the annual release of the schedule starts to make me think football is actually coming sooner! Next week's draft should be exciting. Get to camp! Start the season already! Go Broncos!

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys home game week 2.

However we do go to Indy week 15 on a short week.
True, but after a home game vs the jets? Couldn't ask for much more than that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on 2016 results, the Broncos have the toughest schedule based on opponent's records. However, we all know that it doesn't usually end up that way in the end. I actually like this schedule. Five prime time games is fun but I hate it when the Broncos play on Thursday (doesn't everyone?). It feels like we get our toughest non- division opponents at home, which I like. That Chiefs game to end the season could be incredibly meaningful. Thankfully, it comes at home. My biggest knock on this schedule is the 3 games on the road and a week 5 bye. Much rather have that bye come around week 8 or 9.

Somehow the annual release of the schedule starts to make me think football is actually coming sooner! Next week's draft should be exciting. Get to camp! Start the season already! Go Broncos!

Last time I think we had what was rated the toughest schedule in football was the 2012 season. Manning's first season was supposed to be a doozy. Well we went 13-3 and won the AFC West by 6 games. A lot of the so called tough opponents really fell off that year and things worked out very well. So who knows. In the AFC West all it would take is Carr, Smith, or Rivers going down with an injury to see any of those 3 teams fall off big time. And well the probability that one of those 3 does go down is actually pretty high considering I think this past season something like 16 of the QB's that started week 1 at some point went down with injury needing the back ups to play at least a few games.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here a nuance in the schedule:

During that 3 straight road game stretch, the Broncos will face the Chiefs on MNF. The Chiefs will be coming off a TNF appearance the week prior so they will have a mini-bye before hosting the Broncos. At the end of that 3 game stretch the Broncos will host the Patriots who will be coming off a bye week. That's a shitty sequence but I'll stop short of complaining about it. Suffice to say if the Broncos post wins over the Chiefs and Patriots they will be extremely satisfying wins. The league set both teams up with every possible advantage and if the Broncos win anyway you can be sure people will hear about it.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here a nuance in the schedule:

During that 3 straight road game stretch, the Broncos will face the Chiefs on MNF. The Chiefs will be coming off a TNF appearance the week prior so they will have a mini-bye before hosting the Broncos. At the end of that 3 game stretch the Broncos will host the Patriots who will be coming off a bye week. That's a shitty sequence but I'll stop short of complaining about it. Suffice to say if the Broncos post wins over the Chiefs and Patriots they will be extremely satisfying wins. The league set both teams up with every possible advantage and if the Broncos win anyway you can be sure people will hear about it.
But it's all just an impartial algorithm!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's all just an impartial algorithm!

Every team has a quirk in its schedule.

The Pats have a Bye and go to Denver for a Sunday Night game followed by game at 2000 ft higher in altitude in Mexico City with the Raiders the following week. During the six games following the Bye, the Patriots play 5 of 6 on the road.

Right now, the Patriots are trying to find a field to practice in the Denver area after the game with the Broncos
or they'll travel to Mexico and practice at the stadium there. They will not go to Denver, back to NE, then to Mexico and back home again.

Like LGM said, just an impartial algorithm!!!

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave it to Big Ken to take seriously a sarcastic comment. If you believe the schedules are impartial algorithms then you don't rate to talk on this board.

Then again maybe I shouldn't be so harsh. After last year's lame ass MNF slate maybe there's something to it!