• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scenario Village

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scenario: every non-Oregon power 5 teams' buses drive into oncoming trains.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a dispensary in this shithole?

I just worked over 13 hours and I need to erase some brain cells.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump for new scenarios en sech...

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHEW!!! NATTY ON A PLATTY!!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!!

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rematch: Oregon vs Nebraska for the Natty!! Scenarios people?

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scenarios that would create the most CFP chaos

What CFP possibilities could make the committee sweat? How about a playoff field with Notre Dame and two SEC teams squeezing out three Power 5 champs? It's still early, but plenty of bizarre scenarios are still in play.

The only problem with these are no mentions of the Oregon Ducks. Those bastards

Only on espn
@OregonDucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oops....the post got deleted. It's what happens when you start fucking around in Scenario Village.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there still is a scenario where Oregon can win the Pac 12 and make the playoffs. Every 1-4 loss teams needs to lose out. Then Oregon could get the 4th seed and get their long awaited matchup with Bama.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to Scenario Village. Lets take a walk through this beautiful village and see what will need to happen for the Oregon Ducks to get into that 4th playoff spot. Many here think it is over, and there is no way a 3 loss Duck team gets in. I have stated numerous times in other posts that Oregon is one of the hottest teams in college football right now, and are unbeaten with a healthy Vernon Adams Jr. The committee absolutely looks at those things, or at least they should.

With that said, Oregon will need some help to get into the college football playoffs for the second year in a row. Already there were a few upsets this past weekend and some necessary losses that have helped put Oregon in a position to possibly sneak into that 4th spot, and that is where we take a walk through this wonderful village that College Football has built.

If you really think about it, it's not that far off.

Let's break it down: This is using the AP Poll rankings

#1 Clemson vs #8 North Carolina. ***UPSET ALERT*** Absolutely, It is about time Clemson does some Clemsoning, seriously who here takes these guys serious? It is Clemson. I see UNC knocking these guys off, if so, bye bye Clemson. They are out of the picture.

#2 Alabama vs #18 Florida. Baaaddadadad GO GATORS! Duck fans become Gator fans for a few hours on Saturday. If Florida beats Alabama the Crimson Tide are out, and the Gators aren't jumping up 14 spots...No SEC team gets into the CFP with a Gator win.

#4 Iowa vs #5 Michigan State. I think at the end of the day the winner of this game here gets into the CFP. Especially a unbeaten Iowa team. SO I will hope for MSU to win, since they beat Oregon (with an injured Vernon Adams Jr.) by only 3 pts. And to add another 1 loss team to the rankings can only be good.

#7 Stanford vs #24 USC. The Cardinal being ranked #7 with 2 losses is what I call the Condoleezza Rice Effect. Rice is the only person on the committee who is out West, and she apparently has strong influence on where the Cardinal is ranked. Large BS here, but that is for another thread. Simply put, we need USC to beat Stanford. Giving the Cardinal 3 losses, and Oregon beating Stanford and also had beaten USC, so Ducks beat the PAC champs. Oregon would finish as highest ranking Pac-12 team.

So looking back if UNC beats Clemson it knocks Clemson out...UNC MAY get a playoff spot with a conference championship, but their overall schedule is super weak.

Florida over Alabama knocks the Tide out and no SEC in the playoffs.

Again I think the B1G champ is in, so that is 1 spot automatic. And Oklahoma gets the other spot.

Potential for 2 open spots for the playoffs with that scenario I posted above happens.

There are a slew of 2 loss teams ahead of Oregon, but is a 2 loss Baylor team really better than 3 loss Oregon at this point in the season? Absolutely not. The CFP Committee stressed the "eye test" in the early rankings; therefore they can only continue to use that test later in the year when it is all said and done.

I think if the above scenario happens, the Committee may just take a step back and look at the overall landscape of teams 1-15 and see who is THE 4 BEST TEAMS in the country.

Oregon stands a damn good hope if there is as many 1-2 loss teams as possible.

I hope you enjoyed your time in Scenario Village. Please come again.

If Georgia and Alabama each make it to the SEC Title Game undefeated, then they should both be locked into the College Football Playoff at that point, right? I realize there is a lot of football left and it could still depend on how the rest of the season plays out. But if things go fairly normal where basically everybody loses at least 1 game anyway then how could you keep out an 12-1 SEC team who has only lost to a 13-0 SEC champion? Especially if the game is close as well.

@TheDayMan is the scenario village officially open again :noidea:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Great to Be Back InThis Magical Land Of bullshit

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Disney buy this shithole?

We need an animatronic OD with his hat on backwards, wearing fuzzy duck slippers sitting at a desk pounding away feverishly at the keyboard.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Disney buy this shithole?

We need an animatronic OD with his hat on backwards, wearing fuzzy duck slippers sitting at a desk pounding away feverishly at the keyboard.
Caption this :dhd:

giphy.gif

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh goddamn it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the place where Oregon, Oregon St., Ohio and Ohio St. makes it into the CFP, and Oregon St. and Ohio plays in the CFP NCG and the national champion ends up being Alabama?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a classic thread.

Mods please sticky this thread. :dhd: