• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sammy Watkins traded to Rams

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping it works out for the best, but I doubt it due to Watkins injury history and the fact the Woods/Watkins combo didn't Excell in Buffalo already.

The Bills are a run first, second, and sometimes third offense. Even when healthy, Watkins did not get the benefit of a lot of targets as a result. In his rookie season, he set Bills rookie records for receptions and yards catching passes from EJ Manuel and Kyle Orton. In 2015, he bettered those stats despite missing 3 games with an ankle injury and a very slow start with Tyrod Taylor not targeting him much. In 2016, he didn't played in 8 games due to a broken bone in his foot. By all accounts, he is fully healthy now, and in a more balanced offense, should easily improve on his past numbers.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When players have foot injuries ( and especially when the require surgery ), those injuries tend to be a reoccurring issue. I will be surprised if he plays 16 games in a season ever again.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take a dynamic WR with foot injuries over a back up CB with injury issues.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gaines wasn't even starting. If Watkins gets hurt and a starting CB gets hurt then I see where it's frustrating. But this is Watkins 3rd year in the NFL and in a much different offense.

this is really good news. Sammy is fast and can break tackles. He's not gonna go down like Tavon. And a 2nd rounder doesn't make me feel bad either.

If we only had Deshawn Watson. But let's hope Goff improves

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm late chiming in but here goes:

A friend of mine called me with the news and stated that we got Watkins for Gaines and a second round pick. My gut reaction was - fantastic! Then I later learned we also received a sixth round pick in return. Even better news!

Our division is weak and winnable!

Snead has been working on this since the spring when Buffalo didn't pick up his 5th year option. Then Bills GM Whaley wanted to hold onto Watkins. Snead is definitely trying to save his job. I like the pro-active decision making. I would have liked it better if the C/G we signed to an offer sheet was added to the deal for us with Harkey thrown in for them. The Bills like their WR/TE to be good blockers.

This trade is all about stretching the field for Gurley! Watkins has the athleticism that our other receivers don't possess.

According to reports - the Rams are "still open for business".

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't like it with the Rams bad cap situation. If Sammy does have a good year he will hold the Rams hostage and command a mega mega deal next year and I'm not sure the Rams can afford to do it. They still have many players to extend including Tree and Donald. If they franchise him which they pretty much will have to do or they would be giving up a 2nd rd pick for one year of service which would be insane. Your talking about 16m to franchise him next year which will put us against the cap once again. 2nd rd picks are extremely valuable because it should be a new starter on your team who is locked up for 4 years with a very low cap hit.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cougie - When I saw the name Sammy in the first line of your post... you know who I immediately thought of? No, it wasn't Sammy Baugh!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm late chiming in but here goes:

A friend of mine called me with the news and stated that we got Watkins for Gaines and a second round pick. My gut reaction was - fantastic! Then I later learned we also received a sixth round pick in return. Even better news!

Our division is weak and winnable!

Snead has been working on this since the spring when Buffalo didn't pick up his 5th year option. Then Bills GM Whaley wanted to hold onto Watkins. Snead is definitely trying to save his job. I like the pro-active decision making. I would have liked it better if the C/G we signed to an offer sheet was added to the deal for us with Harkey thrown in for them. The Bills like their WR/TE to be good blockers.

This trade is all about stretching the field for Gurley! Watkins has the athleticism that our other receivers don't possess.

According to reports - the Rams are "still open for business".

Gurley!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take a dynamic WR with foot injuries over a back up CB with injury issues.

If it was an even swap, I would agree with you.

But the 2nd rounder would've been a starter on the team. Plus, this stunts the plethora of young WR's the Rams already have.

And, as I've already stated, I will be surprised if he lasts the full season. Foot injuries are a constant reoccurrence for players of any sport.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was an even swap, I would agree with you.

But the 2nd rounder would've been a starter on the team. Plus, this stunts the plethora of young WR's the Rams already have.

And, as I've already stated, I will be surprised if he lasts the full season. Foot injuries are a constant reoccurrence for players of any sport.

You can't honestly expect an even swap of Gaines for Watkins. His foot injuries weren't even the same injury; ankle one year, broken bone in his foot the other (and had a screw inserted).

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cougie - When I saw the name Sammy in the first line of your post... you know who I immediately thought of? No, it wasn't Sammy Baugh!

lol believe it or not I didn't think about that.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is the Rams will try to trade Austin next year. His contract this year (15m) makes him untradeable unless the Rams eat all the money. Next year his salary is better at 8m but I believe he could be cut only costing the Rams 5m. Hopefully they can find a taker for a 3rd Rd pick next year and that will make the Watkins trade a lot better.

I honestly don't know how Snead still has a job with the contract he gave that Turd.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the little turd has a good year, then all this cut/trade talk will disappear. We shall see how things progress.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maxresdefault.jpg

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speed kils, but greater than that is the way he snags the ball out of the sky, and the precision that he runs his routes.

The trifecta of skills and talent that make-up a great WR!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speed kils, but greater than that is the way he snags the ball out of the sky, and the precision that he runs his routes.

The trifecta of skills and talent that make-up a great WR!

And he will run people over.