• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Same Ole Andy Reid

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
33 passes 16 rushes in a game he lead 21-3, had the leagues rushing leader, and was 6-0 when said rushing leader had 100 yards.

Thankfully he's not our problem, but In KC, he's got this L, the epic colts Comeback in '13, and the L to the Steelers last year where they couldn't get a TD for anything. That makes him 1-3 in the playoffs for the Chiefs and 1-6 in his last 6 trips.

But Philly unfairly ran him out of town.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap::clap::clap:

i just came on to post (laugh) about that. i've already pointed out multiple times this year he still refuses to run the ball and to get ready for another choke job. i don't care if he supposedly passed the calling on to his coordinator.. it's all on reid. it's unreal how reliable he is when it comes to this shit.

always passing on 3rd and short or just doing some stupid shit. this is the stuff i always mentioned with pederson early on and was worried about. when it comes down to the postseason and you make that one little mistake.. it's not so funny any more.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
33 passes 16 rushes in a game he lead 21-3, had the leagues rushing leader, and was 6-0 when said rushing leader had 100 yards.

Thankfully he's not our problem, but In KC, he's got this L, the epic colts Comeback in '13, and the L to the Steelers last year where they couldn't get a TD for anything. That makes him 1-3 in the playoffs for the Chiefs and 1-6 in his last 6 trips.

But Philly unfairly ran him out of town.

You make some good points, but I disagree that he was run out of town. If anything, Lurie stuck with him way too log. Fact is, after JJ died, Reid was lost. Thank God that Doug learned some good things from him, and things not to do.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Eagles fans hating on Andy Reid. Laughing about his playoff record even though he's been to the playoffs in 4 of the last 5 years and the Eagles have only been twice since he's been gone. And criticizing his play-calling in a game in which he wasn't calling the plays (and the person that was calling the plays was named as the head coach of the Bears today).

Yam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy doesn't get the love he deserves here. Sb win or not, he's the best head coach this city's seen for football.

When he was let go, it was definitely time to move on, but he was shit on on his way out when he deserved better.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy made so many blunders in his last few years, that he had to go.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked Andy. He did have some short comings with play calling and time management but I took the good with the bad. When he left it was time to part ways and that doesn't make him a bad coach. The only thing I really never like about him was that he never got McNabb quality receivers. If he had done that I believe we would have won a couple Superbowls with JJ defense. :D

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Eagles fans hating on Andy Reid. Laughing about his playoff record even though he's been to the playoffs in 4 of the last 5 years and the Eagles have only been twice since he's been gone. And criticizing his play-calling in a game in which he wasn't calling the plays (and the person that was calling the plays was named as the head coach of the Bears today).

This.

It was crazy Hunt got 11 run attempts so the play calling was a bit weird but that loss wasn't on him. Perfect storm for the Titans to win that game.

KC's defense was awful vs the run. Henry had career day.

Not Reid's fault his players failed to execute on the field. Once Kelce went out, they seemed to lose their steam.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy made so many blunders in his last few years, that he had to go.
Voila_Capture1126.jpg

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was crazy Hunt got 11 run attempts so the play calling was a bit weird but that loss wasn't on him. Perfect storm for the Titans to win that game.

KC's defense was awful vs the run. Henry had career day.

Not Reid's fault his players failed to execute on the field. Once Kelce went out, they seemed to lose their steam.

But that has always been part of the problem with Reid - failure to adjust after something happens to the original game plan. There is no excuse for KC losing that game, even after Kelce went out. Adverse to running the football. Plus no excuse for him and the play-calling - he is the Head Coach, this was his game plan... if your assigned play-caller isn't cutting it, take over and make the adjustments.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reid had a great defensive coach in JJ. he had mcnabb, westbrook, runyan, dawkins, brown, sheppard, etc. once that fell apart, so did reid. then he goes right into a situation in KC where smith, one of the more underrated QB's in the league, takes over.

regardless, reid has proven time and time again he will be outcoached in big games. it's hard not to make fun of someone who insists on repeating his mistakes, only to admit them afterwards with a "we have to get better, starting with me" type speech. it just becomes a running gag after a while.

in fact, i said a handful of times to multiple people last week.. "are you ready for the annual reid choke this weekend?" with a laugh. and sure enough.. well, we know what happened.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could set your watch to Andy Reid choking in the playoffs. Not that Andy Reid can tell time, but you know what I mean.

I was not surprised that he abandoned the run in the second half despite leading 21-3. But I felt bad for Chiefs fans.

I have been encouraged by one difference between Reid and Pederson: Pederson has shown signs of learning from his mistakes.

smeagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not surprised that some people didn't come to defend their daddy, Reid, after that annual choke job. They know who they are. Rhymes with butt.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
qKi6Mok.jpg

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Reid is an odd one. His teams are always pretty good and in the playoffs which, given how long he has been coaching, is a credit to him.

However, as you guys have pointed out, he has also overseen some of the most perplexing collapses. His clock management is non-existent.

I get the feeling that he is a really good practice, personnel and locker room coach, but is a poor in-game coach.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Reid is an odd one. His teams are always pretty good and in the playoffs which, given how long he has been coaching, is a credit to him.

However, as you guys have pointed out, he has also overseen some of the most perplexing collapses. His clock management is non-existent.

I get the feeling that he is a really good practice, personnel and locker room coach, but is a poor in-game coach.

You are pretty right on, except for the personnel area. He sucks at that.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I was referring to his coaching hires as opposed to his stint as GM. Andy Reid has an impressive coaching tree.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could set your watch to Andy Reid choking in the playoffs. Not that Andy Reid can tell time, but you know what I mean.

I was not surprised that he abandoned the run in the second half despite leading 21-3. But I felt bad for Chiefs fans.

So, you don't even care to realize that Reid wasn't calling the plays? He didn't abandon anything as he wasn't calling the plays. Sheesh.

That is not to say that he was run out of town. If anything, I think he was given more than enough rope being as he never won a SB.

Still, he wasn't calling the plays in the playoffs. He tried to protect his OC by saying he called all the bad plays, but Nagy confirmed that he called all the plays in the 2nd half. So, I guess Eagles fans are going to say that Nagy called a perfect 1st half and Reid was responsible for the 2nd half? Andy was probably responsible for the terrible officiating and Mariota getting a lucky bounce to catch his own pass for a TD.

It's also ridiculous to even bring this up. Reid is no longer an Eagles coach. A former coach of his is and the coach that called all the plays against the Titans was immediately hired as a HC by the Bears.

Reid is not without his flaws, but last weekend wasn't one of them. Eagles fans just love to hate... and this is coming from someone that has been called both a ballwasher and a hater.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, he's a bad in-game coach and he's bad at personnel? I guess he's the luckiest coach in the history of coaching to even reach the playoffs? Eagles fans are the worst.