• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Samardzija and Hammel are gone!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland sent Addison Russell, top 15 prospect that plays SS and is in AA rightnow, Billy McKinney, 19 year old OF in A ball, Dan Straily, probably goes into the rotation right away, and a PTBNL is the return. The PTBNL is being rumored as Raul Alcantara. If it is Alcantara the Cubs will have gotten their top 3 prospects and a 25 year old pitcher who had a nice season last year.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a shortstop and a corner outfielder. Both areas of strength in this organization. Yeah, Theo will get a pitcher, and if Russel goes, no big deal, if Baez goes, no big deal, even though he would really be missed.

At least we wont be left with nothing after he trades one of them.

I dont know how you replace 2/5ths of the rotation of the best team in baseball when they have the best team in baseball, this could implode on the A's. Shark will get his wish to be a free agent, we know Oakland wont pay what the cubs woudnt.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shark named to the all star team, was replaced after the trade. guess that was a nice kick in the nuts.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I would love to believe that had something to do with the timing I'm not stupid enough to think either front office gave that any consideration.