• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sale

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like there might be more than smoke this time. With the amount of team control we have for him he return must be massive IMO.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the deal is Boston paying for the entirety of Moncada's salary which is 31.2 million more lol
Ouch! Well an arm like his doesn't come cheap

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best sox pitcher of my lifetime but glad to see him go. Dude is a wackjob and the al central owned him the last few yrs. hopefully 2 of these prospects pan out though.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what are you having a problem with?

Craig and myself were discussing them dumping Sale not to long ago.....
He said for sure they were not going to get rid of Sale, it is just mind boggling the front office takes one step forward and three backwards year in and year out.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said for sure they were not going to get rid of Sale, it is just mind boggling the front office takes one step forward and three backwards year in and year out.
I wouldn't consider this as three steps back. As much as I liked Sale's talent we were not winning anything with him so cashing in while we could was the right thing to do. My only hope moving forward is that the prospects pan out.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't consider this as three steps back. As much as I liked Sale's talent we were not winning anything with him so cashing in while we could was the right thing to do. My only hope moving forward is that the prospects pan out.

So if the prospects don't pan out....... it was a bust.
I understand not winning with Sale, but it wasn't of his doing.
IDK, time will tell, just seems the FO can't make good decisions to save face, let alone save the team these days.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you have at most two good tradeable chips on this team. you keep them and you will still wind up with a sub .500 record and then they leave for nothing! you move them .... while their value is high and you at least give yourself a chance of building a better product. the fact sale is at odds with the front office just makes it a bit easier. you can suggest the prospects might not work out. it's a gamble. it's also quite possible sale blows out his arm. who is to say?

this team NEEDED to make this move. i discovered long ago you don't hold onto players simply because you like them (hell ... this is why we still have kenny williams on the payroll and were stuck with an idiot for a manager for 5 years. "somebody" liked them!).
this was a good move ... it was inevitable, and probably not the last move either.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have at most two good tradeable chips on this team. you keep them and you will still wind up with a sub .500 record and then they leave for nothing! you move them .... while their value is high and you at least give yourself a chance of building a better product. the fact sale is at odds with the front office just makes it a bit easier. you can suggest the prospects might not work out. it's a gamble. it's also quite possible sale blows out his arm. who is to say?

this team NEEDED to make this move. i discovered long ago you don't hold onto players simply because you like them (hell ... this is why we still have kenny williams on the payroll and were stuck with an idiot for a manager for 5 years. "somebody" liked them!).
this was a good move ... it was inevitable, and probably not the last move either.

Dude I'm not arguing with you, I totally agree. Between Reinsdorf and Williams they couldn't pull a turd out of an outhouse. More times then not (recent managers for example) the people they pick are not worth the ink on the contracts.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

quintana should bring some high level prospects. eaton should net a decent return as well. his contract is long term and cheap as hell for a guy in the top 15 in war last yr. i might wait to trade abreu until the all star break. he is coming off a down yr. i expect much better numbers this season

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eaton traded to the Nationals Giolito and two other prospects. I will miss Eaton but that's a good pitcher!

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eaton traded to the Nationals Giolito and two other prospects. I will miss Eaton but that's a good pitcher!
i bet attendance goes UP next season ... even if we lose 90 games. and i'd bet we're stillo not done.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i bet attendance goes UP next season ... even if we lose 90 games. and i'd bet we're stillo not done.
I almost guarantee we move Frazier be possibly Abreu but I doubt we get good value for Abreu. Quintana would net some serious prospects.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost guarantee we move Frazier be possibly Abreu but I doubt we get good value for Abreu. Quintana would net some serious prospects.

Quintana under control 4 more years, that's long enough to anchor the rotation if they can stay on the compete in 3 years timetable. I think they keep him.

But I'm jazzed to see them finally do the right thing. Do a teardown properly like grownup teams do (that aren't unlimited $ teams like the Red Sox and Yankees). I think Reinsdorf saw the Cubs win and figured no one was going to look at his team for years now, even worse than usual. The spotlight is elsewhere, do the teardown.

Gotta move Abreu midyear, like podsox said above, let him build value. Try to move Frazier.

They do need a rock solid defensive catcher to keep things under control with the young arms' development. And thank god for Don Cooper by the way.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Move them all. Keep Fulmer, Anderson, and Rodon. Hell, put Derek Holland in a trade package too.