• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sale...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, really?

This guy is f*cking legit. I'm still saying #RandyJohnsonLives

Y'all better be enjoying this.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy: Sale's start is the best for a Sox since....Eddie Cicotte in 1919. LOL.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dude is a fuckin Beast.......

021916-mlb-chris-sale-chicago-white-sox-pi-dp-vresize-1200-675-high-12.jpg

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ut oh ...

Statement released by Rich Hahn just before tonite's game:

"Chris Sale has been scratched from tonite's scheduled start and sent home from the ballpark by the White Sox due to a clubhouse incident before the game. The incident, which was non-physical in nature, currently is under further investigation by the club."

I gotta believe this prolly has much to do with all the trade talks flying around. I'm betting Chris wants to be traded and it hasn't happened yet.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he just changes dugouts...
Rangers, Orioles, Bjays, Dodgers making offers ... along with da fuggin Kittays showin interest.

No way he betta end up in a Lions, Red Wings, Pistons or that other thing goin on up thar.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers, Orioles, Bjays, Dodgers making offers ... along with da fuggin Kittays showin interest.

No way he betta end up in a Lions, Red Wings, Pistons or that other thing goin on up thar.
He's from Lakeland. It'd be nice for a his family to see him every spring.

Think of his mother Craig...

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's from Lakeland. It'd be nice for a his family to see him every spring.

Think of his mother Craig...
Ya ... even the Marlins pokin around fer him.

Don't fux with me ... dranky.

Ehhhh ...GO IRISH!

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the unfortunate thing here is this will probably hurt his trade value some ... or at least make other teams think the sox may be more willing to move him thereby making lower offers more possible.

i'm surprised he didn't do something like this a long time ago. he has to be very dissatisfied with the f.o. and his contract which people keep bringing up making him feel like he was duped. i would bet many want off this joke of a team.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sale is the best pitcher in white sox history but the dude is wacked out. he has had several tantrums over the yrs. going crazy on tigers because he claimed someone in the outfield was steal signs, hanging outside the royals locker room looking to fight, going crazy because sox said laroches kid couldn't live in the dugout, and now this. no point in trading him this yr. they will get more value in the offseason where they can get major league ready talent instead of all prospects.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sale is the best pitcher in white sox history but the dude is wacked out. he has had several tantrums over the yrs. going crazy on tigers because he claimed someone in the outfield was steal signs, hanging outside the royals locker room looking to fight, going crazy because sox said laroches kid couldn't live in the dugout, and now this. no point in trading him this yr. they will get more value in the offseason where they can get major league ready talent instead of all prospects.

But why would they want ML ready talent? The idea is to finally have a long term plan, they've tried being competitive and all it gets them is at best a .500 team. They need to bite the bullet and go full Astros, suck for 3 years, get high draft picks, trade for players that will be ready in 3 years, and try to compete in 2019.

You can maybe hold on to Quintana who is signed through 2020, and keep Eaton and Anderspn, but trade all the other 'now' players: Abreu, Frazier, Lowrie, and especially Sale. They could get literally 10 legit prospects back for those guys. After 3 years about 5 of those 10 should be good ML players and maybe 1 or 2 will be allstars. THEN you sign a FA or 2 where needed.

The tear down is always avoided because they fear the attendance drop. Newsflash: attendance already sucks, and rolling .500 teams out there every year won't bring it back. But a little less that the already shitty number for a few years is a small price to pay to build a contender, and THEN you get attendance.

Plus Reinsdorf can afford it. He will never sell the team but the value has skyrocketed so some short term pain = long term gain. Does he have the vision to see it? We'll see.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why would they want ML ready talent? The idea is to finally have a long term plan, they've tried being competitive and all it gets them is at best a .500 team. They need to bite the bullet and go full Astros, suck for 3 years, get high draft picks, trade for players that will be ready in 3 years, and try to compete in 2019.

You can maybe hold on to Quintana who is signed through 2020, and keep Eaton and Anderspn, but trade all the other 'now' players: Abreu, Frazier, Lowrie, and especially Sale. They could get literally 10 legit prospects back for those guys. After 3 years about 5 of those 10 should be good ML players and maybe 1 or 2 will be allstars. THEN you sign a FA or 2 where needed.

The tear down is always avoided because they fear the attendance drop. Newsflash: attendance already sucks, and rolling .500 teams out there every year won't bring it back. But a little less that the already shitty number for a few years is a small price to pay to build a contender, and THEN you get attendance.

Plus Reinsdorf can afford it. He will never sell the team but the value has skyrocketed so some short term pain = long term gain. Does he have the vision to see it? We'll see.
Because you have to get young proven major league talent along with prospects for a top 3 pitcher in the gm. I'm not saying trade for some 30 yr old. I'm saying trade for guys in their early to mid 20s. Better off trading in the offseason than at the trade deadline IMO

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you have to get young proven major league talent along with prospects for a top 3 pitcher in the gm. I'm not saying trade for some 30 yr old. I'm saying trade for guys in their early to mid 20s.

OK fair enough, a 26 year old already in the majors is like a late prospect I guess.

I just don't know if the current front office can be counted on to bring back the right players. But the philosophy really does need to shift to teardown and rebuild, not trying to 'win' every year and never reloading the youngsters you need to win.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK fair enough, a 26 year old already in the majors is like a late prospect I guess.

I just don't know if the current front office can be counted on to bring back the right players. But the philosophy really does need to shift to teardown and rebuild, not trying to 'win' every year and never reloading the youngsters you need to win.
I just have no faith in prospects. Cleveland got Matt Laporta (can't miss prospects that sucked) and 3 other highly touted prospects who all sucked when they traded sabathia