• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sale goes white to red

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not thrilled about giving up Moncada, but the Red Sox managed to get Sale without giving up any major league talent (Jackie Bradley, Swihart, Eduardo Rodriguez or Benintendi). I found that especially surprising. Moncada might actually have more value to the White Sox than the Red Sox because he could actually take over at 2B in Chicago, whereas he was blocked in Boston by Pedroia. His bat would have a lot more value there than at the corner. Enjoy him White Sox fans... he should be really good. As for Kopech, there's some risk given that he hasn't really proved he can handle a starting pitcher's workload. But if there's any pitching coach that can get the most of a guy like him, it's Don Cooper.

Red Sox have dealt away some big prospects, but keep in mind that a good chunk of the Red Sox starting players are 26 or younger (Betts, JBJ, Benintendi, Bogaerts, Eduardo Rodriguez) and are under control for years. The Red Sox are a team that's trying to add the finishing touches to contend for the WS. They still have several prospects that could have an impact sooner or later (Sam Travis (especially if the Sox try to put him at 3B again), Devers). In acquiring Sale, the Sox have shored up their rotation to complement what should once again be one of the best offenses in the AL, if not MLB (they currently project to score the most runs per game per Fangraphs).

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll also be interesting to see what the Red Sox do with Wright/Pomeranz/Buchholz. They could be traded elsewhere to eithe restock the system (and all of them would have considerable value in this horrendous pitcher market), or for a DH/3B/whatever. I don't think Pomeranz will go anywhere, I wouldn't be shocked if the Sox use him as a lefty reliever. He looked pretty damn good when he was moved to the bullpen in September.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll also be interesting to see what the Red Sox do with Wright/Pomeranz/Buchholz. They could be traded elsewhere to eithe restock the system (and all of them would have considerable value in this horrendous pitcher market), or for a DH/3B/whatever. I don't think Pomeranz will go anywhere, I wouldn't be shocked if the Sox use him as a lefty reliever. He looked pretty damn good when he was moved to the bullpen in September.

Congrats on your 2017 WS title

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great day all in all for the Red Sox. We lost literally all of the prospects I was excited about, but the rotation is beast now.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sale is by far the best chi sox pitcher of my lifetime but I'm glad to see him go. The team has failed miserably the last 8 yrs. sale is a hell of a pitcher but a total wackjob. I enjoyed watching our bp cost him win after win during the second half of the season. His arm has held up remarkably considering all the experts saying he'd have arm trouble throughout his career. The al central has owned him the last few seasons though. Hopefully a couple of these prospects pan out. Looks like the team is going to suck for a couple more yrs.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moncada is the #1 or #2 prospect in the league. He's going to dominate. Good trade for the ChiSox.

such a farm glorifier

White Sox should have demanded Ben Intendi

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope this doesn't end like the sabathia to brewers did. When I think of top prospects getting traded I think of Laporta every time.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Boston have a pitcher who is able to win a game in October now?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN called Victor Diaz and Basabe "top prospects." What a bunch of tards.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what the White Sox did in landing Moncada, think he's a legit cornerstone type of player if he lives up to his potential. The other prospects added some more potential and depth in their system, and the fact that they got Moncada's contract paid off helps.

Now they should go all in and deal Frazier, Abreu, Quintana and Robertson and just stack the young talent.

How amazing would that be if the Red Sox got Quintana as well. though i am sure they would have to give up the farm for him. I still think they will keep him but certainly try to move Frazier,Abreu and Robertson

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scary move. Boston looks scary. They still have a BIG hole with Ortiz out. They will miss his clutch hitting and big Home runs but their pitching should make up for that. I expect Price to bounce back but I also expect Percello to come back down to earth.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scary move. Boston looks scary. They still have a BIG hole with Ortiz out. They will miss his clutch hitting and big Home runs but their pitching should make up for that. I expect Price to bounce back but I also expect Percello to come back down to earth.

Fangraphs still projects them to lead the AL in runs scored (5.01 R/G, down from the 5.42 in 2016).

Depth Charts » Projected Standings | FanGraphs Baseball

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DH solved now who to play 3B:suds:

Red Sox signed 1B Mitch Moreland to a one-year, $5.5 million contract.
The agreement was reached Tuesday during the Winter Meetings and then finalized Thursday after Moreland passed his pre-signing physical. He is expected to serve as Boston's regular first baseman in 2017 after earning Gold Glove honors at the position with Texas in 2016. That means Hanley Ramirez will DH -- a role he's well-suited for.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you Chris Sale. Enjoy desecrating Red Sox jerseys.