• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sakic finally does something decent as a gm

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was highway robbery for a player on a down year that had quit on his team.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time will tell. He got a pretty good haul, but he's still gotta do something with those picks and he's gotta let his new prospects properly develop.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sakic got a lot of value for Duchene no doubt. But it's just a constant rebuild in Colorado now. He got a lot of magic beans but the chance that any of them grows into a Matt Duchene is slim to none. I can say with certainty that Bowers is not going to be anything special (likely to be an NHL player but most likely 3-4th liner).

Also none of these players/assets is going to make positive impact for the Avalanche for at least 2 years, probably more. Sakic did really well to get value but if I'm an Avalanche fan I'm kind of bummed out today when I think that just a couple of years ago my team had center depth of Mac, Duchene and O'Reilly. Fast forward to now and all that remains is Mac and we didn't get any other core pieces in return. They have a very nice cupboard of picks and prospects though.

I kind of like the trade on some level for all 3 teams. Nashville is the team to beat out West and maybe in the league now, IMO. Turris should do very well playing behind RyJo.