• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saints or Falcons on Thursday?

Saints or Falcons?

• Saints

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • Falcons

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fearthepelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

SomeGuy

Christian Conservative
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints - I can't see this one being close.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints - I can't see this one being close.

Yeah, hard to imagine Atlanta winning this straight up, since they are a mess, particularly on defense, and NO has been good on both sides of the ball. On the other hand, it is a divisional matchup that has usually featured close games and NO's only two losses have come on the road. Still, I'd have a hard time even taking Atlanta +10, which is the opening line.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a real question?? there is no chance that the falcons win... Bet the House!!! bet your life!!! Now if you are betting the spread that is a whole other story...

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must be a trick question. Even though it's any given Sunday, NO easily.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with all of the injuries I didn't expect us to be this bad this season. I think the Ain'ts are the clear favorite here.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Falcons hate the Saints so it will be closer than the experts think.

Saints 28
ATL 24

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints are gonna crush us, but not even mad, rather tank for Clowney.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, hard to imagine Atlanta winning this straight up, since they are a mess, particularly on defense, and NO has been good on both sides of the ball. On the other hand, it is a divisional matchup that has usually featured close games and NO's only two losses have come on the road. Still, I'd have a hard time even taking Atlanta +10, which is the opening line.

It's really getting ugly here...I would not be surprised if the Saints fans don't take over the GA Dome Thurs Night. They would love a sweep and throwing dirt on the Falcons along the way.

The injuries have been one thing, but Dimitroff, coach Smith, and obviously Ryan are all taking major heat...with the Falcons looking to sell these seat PSL for the new arena, the team has to be doing better on the field. If ATL gets blown out in this game and kind of limp in I would expect coach Smith to be released.

If it were me, Dimitroff would be the man to go.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know what scares me? This is a classic trap game....now I feel confident in us winning, but we just came off of a huge emotional win against SF, and we have the game of the year coming up against Seattle. We can't rest on our laurels or look ahead...if we stay focused, we win. Seems like these games always find a way to be close, so it wouldn't suprise me if Atlanta put up a fight

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know what scares me? This is a classic trap game....now I feel confident in us winning, but we just came off of a huge emotional win against SF, and we have the game of the year coming up against Seattle. We can't rest on our laurels or look ahead...if we stay focused, we win.

ATL is not even close the same team they were in the 1st meeting and they lost...the only difference I think will be the home crowd may help them if they get up early, but if the Saints score first and the crowd goes quiet...look out.

Falcons had almost no pass rush in Tampa last week...I would take the Saints to cover this week.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really getting ugly here...I would not be surprised if the Saints fans don't take over the GA Dome Thurs Night. They would love a sweep and throwing dirt on the Falcons along the way.

The injuries have been one thing, but Dimitroff, coach Smith, and obviously Ryan are all taking major heat...with the Falcons looking to sell these seat PSL for the new arena, the team has to be doing better on the field. If ATL gets blown out in this game and kind of limp in I would expect coach Smith to be released.

If it were me, Dimitroff would be the man to go.

Interesting. I'm sure that you follow them much more closely than I do. I thought that getting Steven Jackson would be a nice upgrade at RB for them. I also know that they gave up a lot to get to Julio Jones a few years ago, so perhaps that has depleted their young talent, good as Jones has been. I also thought it might have been mistaken to let both John Abraham and Brett Grimes get away. I know that the Atlanta defense has been pretty bad.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the Falcons' Super Bowl this year. 90% chance it is a close game, 50% chance the Falcons win

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the Falcons' Super Bowl this year. 90% chance it is a close game, 50% chance the Falcons win

So now you are just making stats up?

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the last five games in Atlanta, best the Saints have done is win by 3

2012 Saints L 23-13
2011 Saints W 26-23 , OT
2010 Saints W 17-14
2009 Saints W 26-23
2008 Saints L 34-20

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I'm sure that you follow them much more closely than I do. I thought that getting Steven Jackson would be a nice upgrade at RB for them. I also know that they gave up a lot to get to Julio Jones a few years ago, so perhaps that has depleted their young talent, good as Jones has been. I also thought it might have been mistaken to let both John Abraham and Brett Grimes get away. I know that the Atlanta defense has been pretty bad.

Yea, hard to ignore the elephant in the room I guess.

Dimitroff...1st off...the owner Arthur Blank has been fairly generous, always spending to the cap limit.

2008 hire I think, certainly was his 1st yr signing players.

FA...Michael Turner was his prize catch. Dunta Robinson his bust.

Trades...Got Tony G, and Asante Samuel

Draft...for the most part I can't complain too much with his 1st round picks...the Julio trade...a 2011 1st, 2nd, 4th, 2012,1st & 4th, in hindsight it's easy to say they paid too much, but I like the player, still like the trade.

Here is where I kind of part ways with Dimitroff.

Last year was a little bit of fools gold in terms of the record, but the moves this year were head scratchers imo.

OL...Clabo, RT, was not a stud, but he was better than Holmes, or anybody else they planned on playing there...they cut him. Baker...the LT is a serviceable NFL OT, probably best suited to play RT (this shows up vs the premier pass rushers) They way overpaid to keep him. McClure, the long time C retired, replaced by the 2nd rd pick (their 1st pick of the draft) Konz who played G LY...so the C and right side of the OL is new, AND unproven.

DL...LY he had Abraham and nobody of note on the other side...this year the IMPROVMENT was replacing Abe with Osi...okay, not bad, but again no one of note on the other side...where is the improvement?

My point here is Dimitroff focused on the glitz with those names we mentioned but he left the guts of the team to be manned by a lot of young players...can you do that and win a SB?