• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saints @ Falcons - What do your eyes tell you?

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're checking out the game, your eyes must be telling you something.
It's about the "eye test" vs fantasy football box score review.

1. What do you think/like about the Saints' Offensive Scheme?

2. Defensive Scheme?

3. What would you suggest to limit their Offense vs Hawks D ? ( Besides the obvious Pressure)

4. What about Brees scares you?

5. What would you recommend Bevell do to exploit their D?

:suds:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really spread the ball around and really utilize the screens with the running backs. I figured with Sproles out they would change it up but they used Pierre Thomas almost the same way. Also noticed when they lined Graham on outside like a wide out.

2. Defensive Scheme?
They definately seem undermanned in the secondary. The loss of Greer hurts them. Although they made up for it by punishing the Falcon O-Line. Cameron Jordan at DE and that Hicks guy in the middle will be tough matchups.

3. What would you suggest to limit their Offense vs Hawks D ? ( Besides the obvious Pressure)

I still think Graham and Sproles will provide the biggest matchup problems. Need to locate those two whenever they are on the field.

His overall intelligence. He knows how to attack a defense. He is fine with checking down and hitting 5-6 yard passes to ensure they move they chains. They are one of the top teams in the league on 3rd down so that is something to watch. Need to get of the field.

I honestly dont think we need to do anything special. They arent great against the run and are undermanned in the secondary. Just need to pound the rock, take some deep shots and stay away from 3rd and long.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints look beatable. Play the game Seahawk style and I like our chances.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts? We're better, it's our house, we should punch them in the face and secure HFA.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think as long as we dont give them momentum we should be good, the saints seem like a team that when they play from behind they will throw the ball every single down. but I would say that we really need to get marshawn lynch going because the best way to stop an offense is to keep it off the field and control the game....

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw two rivals get after each other and watched the Falcons take advantage of a backup corner and exploited it fairly well.

Beatable? Well I think every team in the league is beatable as none have gone undefeated. I'm sure many teams thought Seattle was beatable after watching them play the Rams and the Bucs.

The Falcons all but abandoned the run and feasted off that back up corner. They have more than a full week to make adjustments in their backfield, meanwhile Seattle is a run first team and the Saints were stout against the run tonight.

It is easy to over analyse any match up. The facts are you have to like Seattle's chances, but it is far from a slam dunk.

What worries me the most is their record coming off a bye week. Seattle can't afford to come out flat and take the first half off.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Falcons all but abandoned the run and feasted off that back up corner. They have more than a full week to make adjustments in their backfield, meanwhile Seattle is a run first team and the Saints were stout against the run tonight.

You must have been watching a different game than I was watching. Jackson showed his age in that game, he is slow and can't break through tackles anymore, but still averaged 3.9 ypc. I did not think that the Saints did well against the run at all, it is just that ATL sucks at running and as you stated, they abandoned the run, but is was working for them. I think a younger, quicker and more powerful back like Lynch would have had double the yards running through the same holes against that defense.

Overall, it is hard to take much away from that game last night because ATL is so bad this year. The only encouraging thing was that the Saints were only able to score 17 against a TERRIBLE Falcon team that the Hawks abused in their house for 33 points.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints looked more beatable last night than they have in 3 or 4 games previous. Every team seems to have a game or two like that though so I'm not going to read anything into it. New Orleans is easily the best team we've played (or will play) this regular season. The Hawks need to bring their "A" game next Monday.

The key for beating N.O. was limiting mistakes. I thought Atlanta had a real shot to steal that game late in the 4th right up until the point where Johnson had the ball stripped. That cost them points and time. If they score there who knows? Too bad too because that would have been huge for the Hawks.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must have been watching a different game than I was watching. Jackson showed his age in that game, he is slow and can't break through tackles anymore, but still averaged 3.9 ypc. I did not think that the Saints did well against the run at all, it is just that ATL sucks at running and as you stated, they abandoned the run, but is was working for them. I think a younger, quicker and more powerful back like Lynch would have had double the yards running through the same holes against that defense.

Overall, it is hard to take much away from that game last night because ATL is so bad this year. The only encouraging thing was that the Saints were only able to score 17 against a TERRIBLE Falcon team that the Hawks abused in their house for 33 points.

I thought I saw that Jackson was only averaging 2.5 YPC before last night.

If true, that tells me a lot about what Lynch and company could do.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I saw that Jackson was only averaging 2.5 YPC before last night.

If true, that tells me a lot about what Lynch and company could do.

He could have been only averaging 2.5 ypc, but averaged 3.9 ypc in last nights game and it looked to me like Lynch could have had double the yards through the same holes. Jackson just isn't explosive or powerful like he once was.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of weapons and a smart QB who knws how to deliver

2. Defensive Scheme?
Much improved from years past, but as others have said, they are down a CB and that will hurt them

First and foremost, the Hawks need to possess the ball for as long as possible and score TDs. This will limit their offense. As far as defending them, our guys need to stick to the basics and not try to make game changing plays. Stick to your assignment, wrap up on tackles and control explosive plays.

He doesn't make many mistakes

Heavy run and let RW do his thing.

I looked through all the yardage/game stats and the Saints have played teams with as good or better defenses and offenses as the Hawks. We are very similar teams as far as defense. They are better in the air and we are better on the ground. Special Teams will be key for us. That is how we win this type of game. Battle of field position and we are killing everyone in the league in this category and we may have a better kick returner now if they let Percy do it.

No one knows what we are capable of now though, so it will be an exciting game to watch. O-line is back and if they give RW time and we have Percy drawing double coverage, man Tate, Baldwin and Miller will be loving life.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, to a large degree, what will be fielded by the hawks in ten days is somewhat of a mystery. I look for an explosion on offense, and am worried about the loss of Browner.

Thats what logic tells me, would be nice to see me being right about the offense, and to be shown as wrong about worrying about LOBs performance.

Regardless, should be an awesome game.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only real concern is how this team is going to start out after a bye. Most teams usually come out flat after a bye and while this team is already notoriously coming into games flat until the second half or so we can't afford to fall behind early.

Both teams should be well rested, no excuses.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only real concern is how this team is going to start out after a bye. Most teams usually come out flat after a bye and while this team is already notoriously coming into games flat until the second half or so we can't afford to fall behind early.

Both teams should be well rested, no excuses.

New Orleans is also on their mini-bye week since they played yesterday. Seattle will have 14 days between games played, but New Orleans isn't a whole lot different with 10 days off between games. So I kind of have my doubts that one team will be any more flat than the other.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope Carp listened to Pete and doesn't gain 15 lbs over the two weeks.

3PhilNgood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Stoked about driving over for this game.
Will be on the goal line near behind the Saints sideline.
Hoping to see Percy toe sliding past me!

3PhilNgood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
By the way, does anyone think that Harvin will get any carries in this game - or even get a couple of snaps back at Running Back?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Orleans is also on their mini-bye week since they played yesterday. Seattle will have 14 days between games played, but New Orleans isn't a whole lot different with 10 days off between games. So I kind of have my doubts that one team will be any more flat than the other.

Yeah, I noticed that too, and have been looking to see if this has ever happened, where a team coming off their bye played a team who played the Thursday game the week before. It kind've takes away most benefit that comes with a bye week (though it also softens the disadvantages).

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Atlanta game is an indication of anything. They didn't dominate Atlanta like most had projected but we didn't dominate the Rams either.

Great teams find ways to win tough games on the road when things aren't clicking on all cylinders.

My feelings are the same regardless if the final score was 17-13 or 40-0

I feel like the Seahawks are the better team. We are healthy (finally), we will be well rested, well prepared, and we are playing at home. Sherman hasn't had a pick or a big play in a couple of games so I think he's due for one big game changing interception.

I forecast the score being somewhere in the neighborhood of 31-24 Seahawks prevailing by executing efficiently on offense and playing a bend but don't break type of defense coming up with the big plays in crucial moments

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really spread the ball around and really utilize the screens with the running backs. I figured with Sproles out they would change it up but they used Pierre Thomas almost the same way. Also noticed when they lined Graham on outside like a wide out.

2. Defensive Scheme?
They definately seem undermanned in the secondary. The loss of Greer hurts them. Although they made up for it by punishing the Falcon O-Line. Cameron Jordan at DE and that Hicks guy in the middle will be tough matchups.

I still think Graham and Sproles will provide the biggest matchup problems. Need to locate those two whenever they are on the field.

His overall intelligence. He knows how to attack a defense. He is fine with checking down and hitting 5-6 yard passes to ensure they move they chains. They are one of the top teams in the league on 3rd down so that is something to watch. Need to get of the field.

I honestly dont think we need to do anything special. They arent great against the run and are undermanned in the secondary. Just need to pound the rock, take some deep shots and stay away from 3rd and long.

Quality response! :thumb: ( especially for a Coug :evil: )

D: Irvin needs to be aware of Sproles while having Wagner underneath and Kam over the top on Graham.

O: I've beaten the horse until it's dead regarding our screen game, or lack there of, but we need
to start executing it. Hopefully, it comes to fruition with Percy. He needs to have 5 or 6 plays for
him just at the line of scrimmage. It's no difference feeding Beast 20 times a game. Percy can
break it at any given time and at any given place on the field.

There are 2 calls that I will never have cheese with my whine. 1. PC going for it on 4th and 1 anywhere inside the op's 37 yd line, especially inside the 2 yd line. 2. Feeding Percy the ball 5-6
times at the los and another 5 targets down the field.

As you mentioned, control Sproles and Graham ( we have a difficult time with TE's because we play too much zone with the LB's) and we win this game.

one area that doesn't get mentioned is Haushka has only 1 missed fg this year and it was the blocked kick at Indy. Hartley is suspect from 30-49 yds and has missed quite a few, so I expect Payton to go
for on 4th down. We have better special teams and it should factor.

A 6 - 10 pt win seems reasonable.