• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

S&W Shield

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate the input and advice. I'll get out again soon and slow down and play with my grip a bit. Ironically, I was trying more of the technique you described my first time shooting it, I've always used more of a thumbs down grip in the past.
The modern grip being taught in classes right now is almost uncomfortable at first. If you take your support hand and extend it like you are going to shake hands and then dip it down until your thumb is pointing forward it's unnatural, but effective. For me it's second nature now.

I've noticed switching to different triggers I'll often have to slow down and refocus on my grip. The smallest change can make the biggest difference. Good luck man.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have said 3.5-4.5". 3" is too small. I've got .40 springfield XD 5.5" now and want something smaller just in case I do want to carry.

My Performance center Shield shoots very comfortably, very little kick or rise.
It is a bit thinner than would prefer, but that makes it more concealable.
My boss has a XD mod 2 subcompact. I like the thickness for shooting, but it is a bit less concealable. And heavier if that matter to you or your wife.
Shoots nice though.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to add:

Ammo used was 500 rounds of P9HST4 and 250 rounds of Winchester White Box.

I'm sitting here in my office and I keep reaching to my side and patting with gun to make sure it's still there. I feel a little naked without 3 pounds of firearm at my side. That's a good thing though.

Believe it or not thats a indicator for officers. Anyone touching their side repeatedly.

I went to a Ruger .357 revolver. You really notice a change in weight.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not thats a indicator for officers. Anyone touching their side repeatedly.

I went to a Ruger .357 revolver. You really notice a change in weight.
It's an indicator for me as well. It's one of the tells taught in most training.

Did you go with the LCR or the SP series?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an indicator for me as well. It's one of the tells taught in most training.

Did you go with the LCR or the SP series?

LCR .357.

I punch holes in paper with .38s and load .357 for CCW.

I got away from Ruger years ago when they came out with the P series semi-autos. Bulky and uncomfortable. But liked the hammerless revolver.