• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

S.A. Los Raiders?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team has fans in other states. That's a far cry from have a sustainable fan base, especially carving one out from a population base rabidly loyal to a team for the good part of s century.
Filling a stadium in SA would not be a problem dude, it just would not be.. I don't care what kind of fans they have there.. When a City gets it's own team with a new stadium, you can bet your last dollar said stadium will fill..
In fact?? DEEP pockets and the Power elite of SA and the area around there ALL agree me.. Don't you think they would know?? It's there MONEY and City.. I think i read that in the Houston Meetings, that they want a team in SA within 5 years, there's just to much money to be made in that market, so the Power elite says..
You are just not right on this one, the Money and the Power elite are..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For argument sake, let's say SA got LUCKY and landed the RAIDERS, I would bet everything i had that the RAIDERS would out draw either the Rams and the Chargers in LA BY Far!! The first 5 years..
It wouldn't really even be fair..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying "tune into talk radio in SA to hear them say they want the Raiders" is the worst kind of confirmation bias. Of course the people paid to bring up these things will bring up these things.

I am from South Texas. South Texas Mexicans are THE most loyal, crazy Cowboys fans BAR NONE. They have Tom Landry's bust air-brushed next to the Virgin Mary on their tailgates. That's not a metaphor. I've seen it.

I just don't know who would be this tesm's fan base except for some very young people just in SA.

This is my thought as well. Trying to go into a market that already has a very established team like the Cowboys and even the Texans I just struggle to see how that ends well for the Raiders. LA makes sense as they were there before plus LA has so many people from all over the world moving in and out of that city that a new team can find success bringing in new fans. Otherwise to me the Raiders need to be looking where there is not an already established team. What I can't believe is that Las Vegas isn't mentioned as a possible location for a team. Lots of money that could help build a new stadium, decent tv market, decent size area with fans that I wouldn't say are attached heavily to one team and could get behind a team coming in.

I also wonder how they could do in Birmingham Alabama. Huge football city that while yes they are more college than pro my guess is that craziness would transfer if the city got themselves an NFL team. Atlanta is somewhat close but I would bet they could get a lot of those college fans who are not as big of NFL fans to get on board.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a trip CD..

Why? I mean what have I said that is wrong? The Raiders if they went to SA would be entering an area that is heavily leaning towards the Cowboys. Cowboy fans have been shown to be some of the most loyal fans in the entire NFL. I mean we are talking generations among families that have cheered for this team so for you to think that just because you build a stadium and move a team there that these people are going to change allegiance? Come on Idaho I know you are about the biggest homer I know but even you can't think that would happen right?

Yeah I have no problem thinking the Raiders could easily get the money to build the stadium there. There is plenty of money in SA and some rich people who see the benefit of an NFL team coming in. I mean even the worst and least attended teams in the NFL (Raiders being bottom 2) still had a 14% profit this past year. So where there is money people will go. That doesn't mean though that it will be easy to establish a fan base especially in an area dominated by one of the biggest and oldest fan bases in the NFL.

I mean this right here paints a pretty clear picture of just how dominant the Cowboys are in that area.

Facebook releases NFL fan map of US; Jets have no fans

I would say the only reason they don't have Houston is because an NFL team used to be there before they moved back so the area wasn't completely covered with Cowboys fans that had been passed down from one generation to the next.

This is why I think you need to move into an area that doesn't have the history that SA has. It is why I think a place like Alabama could really get behind a team being moved there as they already have crazed fans that can fill any stadium in the NFL and then some. They love their football. Salt Lake City might be another as the state is already divided among 3 teams in fandom so possibly having their own team would really bring fans together.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? I mean what have I said that is wrong? The Raiders if they went to SA would be entering an area that is heavily leaning towards the Cowboys. Cowboy fans have been shown to be some of the most loyal fans in the entire NFL. I mean we are talking generations among families that have cheered for this team so for you to think that just because you build a stadium and move a team there that these people are going to change allegiance? Come on Idaho I know you are about the biggest homer I know but even you can't think that would happen right?

Yeah I have no problem thinking the Raiders could easily get the money to build the stadium there. There is plenty of money in SA and some rich people who see the benefit of an NFL team coming in. I mean even the worst and least attended teams in the NFL (Raiders being bottom 2) still had a 14% profit this past year. So where there is money people will go. That doesn't mean though that it will be easy to establish a fan base especially in an area dominated by one of the biggest and oldest fan bases in the NFL.

I mean this right here paints a pretty clear picture of just how dominant the Cowboys are in that area.

Facebook releases NFL fan map of US; Jets have no fans

I would say the only reason they don't have Houston is because an NFL team used to be there before they moved back so the area wasn't completely covered with Cowboys fans that had been passed down from one generation to the next.

This is why I think you need to move into an area that doesn't have the history that SA has. It is why I think a place like Alabama could really get behind a team being moved there as they already have crazed fans that can fill any stadium in the NFL and then some. They love their football. Salt Lake City might be another as the state is already divided among 3 teams in fandom so possibly having their own team would really bring fans together.
cd, the NEW word is SD cd.. That's where Mark wants to go.. And people in the know says the league would not stop them.. Word has it, the LA Chargers are, well going to LA!! And SD wants the RAIDERS..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, the NEW word is SD cd.. That's where Mark wants to go.. And people in the know says the league would not stop them.. Word has it, the LA Chargers are, well going to LA!! And SD wants the RAIDERS..
And the RAIDERS have a sheet load of fans there.. Former Bolt player Bennet is pushing for the RAIDERS, and SD sports radio is blowing up with former Bolt fans welcoming the RAIDERS with open arms..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the RAIDERS have a sheet load of fans there.. Former Bolt player Bennet is pushing for the RAIDERS, and SD sports radio is blowing up with former Bolt fans welcoming the RAIDERS with open arms..

I could maybe see that. I think most San Diego fans would warn you that the fans are pretty mediocre in the area. Even when the Chargers were good in the mid-2000's they still had trouble selling out the stadium. San Diego is just one of those cities that what would you rather do...Spend $300 to go see a team play for 3 hours or go to some of the best beaches in the world for free? I've been to San Diego a few times now and honestly I don't blame them. So much to do beyond just go to a football game. So unless you guys are just consistently a winning team year in and year out I just think you guys are going to run into the same problem that the Chargers have in there could be games where more visiting team fans show up than home team fans.

I will say I do think the team would find better success in San Diego than they would in San Antonio. At least from a fan support mindset. Fans in that area are not quite as attached to their team as that of in Texas. To me though LA was the best choice. History, huge population, and chance for your team to be in the 2nd largest media market in the country where the NFL will push for those games to be on tv bringing in the newer fans to football. This is why I can't believe the Chargers haven't accepted the proposal yet.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could maybe see that. I think most San Diego fans would warn you that the fans are pretty mediocre in the area. Even when the Chargers were good in the mid-2000's they still had trouble selling out the stadium. San Diego is just one of those cities that what would you rather do...Spend $300 to go see a team play for 3 hours or go to some of the best beaches in the world for free? I've been to San Diego a few times now and honestly I don't blame them. So much to do beyond just go to a football game. So unless you guys are just consistently a winning team year in and year out I just think you guys are going to run into the same problem that the Chargers have in there could be games where more visiting team fans show up than home team fans.

I will say I do think the team would find better success in San Diego than they would in San Antonio. At least from a fan support mindset. Fans in that area are not quite as attached to their team as that of in Texas. To me though LA was the best choice. History, huge population, and chance for your team to be in the 2nd largest media market in the country where the NFL will push for those games to be on tv bringing in the newer fans to football. This is why I can't believe the Chargers haven't accepted the proposal yet.
SoCal is FULL of RAIDER fan!! We are everywhere.. And the RAIDERS would get MOST of the Bolt fans from that area as well.. LA right down the freeway.. Oh yeah!!

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So says the all wise Idaho. I bring up RGIII as just an example. I listed plenty of others that can play average and the Texans can win because they have a top-10 defense. Yes they played in an easy division but they still won. They didn't just beat up on their own division. They won against the Bengals in Cincinnati when they were still at full strength. They beat the Jets who barely missed the playoffs. So don't tell me that they can't win without a great QB.

Again you are talking about a State that has shown huge loyalty to the teams they have followed for years. I don't think they just drop their fanhood of the team they support just because the Raiders come into town. Heck the Raiders have been one of the least supported teams in the country over the past 15 years. It is why they had to change the blackout rules because too many Raiders games were being blacked out. Heck they had to cover up a huge chunk of the seats just to make the stadium look a bit fuller. That is why to me the Raiders wherever they go are going to struggle to find a fan base that will support them unless they come out winning and winning often. Look at the St. Louis Rams as a great example. They moved to St. Louis back in I think 95 or 96. They won a Super Bowl not too many years after moving their. They had a great team and it had a decent fan base. As soon as they started losing though the fans stopped showing up because there wasn't that deep seeded history that made fans realize you have to stick with them through the good and bad times. This is why relocation happens so seldom over the last 20 years. The NFL is not an idiot. They know establishing a new fan base is not easy task.

It's true, fan base is a tough sell, IMO, in Texas. What is funny about that is that the Raider fan base is factually in northern Los Angeles metro, yet owners decide to give 2 other franchise first refusal. It does appear MD is as much if not more of an outcast than his enigmatic father.

Raiders should have been first choice according to the facebook fan map of a couple years ago.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's true, fan base is a tough sell, IMO, in Texas. What is funny about that is that the Raider fan base is factually in northern Los Angeles metro, yet owners decide to give 2 other franchise first refusal. It does appear MD is as much if not more of an outcast than his enigmatic father.

Raiders should have been first choice according to the facebook fan map of a couple years ago.
Everybody know this flaraider..LA belongs to the RAIDERS, but the league went with the cash!!
Follow VB on twitter, from LA area if you want the latest and up to date news on our stadium issues..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup which is why LA was the best landing spot for them at least fan wise. It is why they need to find a place that is lacking a ton of loyal fans to another team. Birmingham, AL I won't stop bringing it up. Yes it would cause a realignment of the divisions but I think the Raiders would have an instant following of loyal fans if they moved there. Idaho brought up San Diego and while I do think they would find a decent number of fans I will say that even when the Chargers were a very good Super Bowl competing team they still struggled to sell out the stadium at times. It just is not a huge football town. They are more of a baseball town. Kind of like what the Rams found in St. Louis is the fans cared a heck of a lot more about the baseball team even after they won a Super Bowl for the city.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup which is why LA was the best landing spot for them at least fan wise. It is why they need to find a place that is lacking a ton of loyal fans to another team. Birmingham, AL I won't stop bringing it up. Yes it would cause a realignment of the divisions but I think the Raiders would have an instant following of loyal fans if they moved there. Idaho brought up San Diego and while I do think they would find a decent number of fans I will say that even when the Chargers were a very good Super Bowl competing team they still struggled to sell out the stadium at times. It just is not a huge football town. They are more of a baseball town. Kind of like what the Rams found in St. Louis is the fans cared a heck of a lot more about the baseball team even after they won a Super Bowl for the city.
Saying Birmingham is just lame cd.. In fact it's sort of trollling.. Stop it dude.. That's not cool.. Now SA, SD,Oakland is good talk..

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Raiders move to San Antonio, who is going to be their fan base? South Texas Mexicans are THE most loyal and ravenous Cowboys fans around bar none, and all the anti-Cowboys malcontents already root for the ridiculously named Houston Texans. So, who's going to cheer for Los Raiders?
There are Raiders fans all across the country and Texas is no exception. I believe they'd be successful in this market.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fred Roggin is reporting the Bolts to LA next week, and the RAIDERS to SD!! And the league would be ok with it..
It's Oak, LA, or SD cd.. That's it man.. Nothing else..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying Birmingham is just lame cd.. In fact it's sort of trollling.. Stop it dude.. That's not cool.. Now SA, SD,Oakland is good talk..

Idaho I got the idea from another sports writer (raiders sports writer) that made the exact same suggestion. So is he trolling your team too then? I've heard others talk about the same idea that they think even though it is a small market it is a place that has shown huge support for any team that plays in the area. I'm sorry if you consider it trolling but to me it is a legit spot the Raiders should look at.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are Raiders fans all across the country and Texas is no exception. I believe they'd be successful in this market.
Of course man.. The league said they want a team in SA within 5 years, be it the RAIDERS or some other team.. To much money to be made in that market..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idaho I got the idea from another sports writer (raiders sports writer) that made the exact same suggestion. So is he trolling your team too then? I've heard others talk about the same idea that they think even though it is a small market it is a place that has shown huge support for any team that plays in the area. I'm sorry if you consider it trolling but to me it is a legit spot the Raiders should look at.
Cmon cd Birmingham is just lame to even talk about!! I mean REALLY LAME!! I already told you Oakland, LA, or SD.. Thats it my man..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon cd Birmingham is just lame to even talk about!! I mean REALLY LAME!! I already told you Oakland, LA, or SD.. Thats it my man..

And that's fine for you to say. Doesn't mean plenty of locations won't be talked about.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's fine for you to say. Doesn't mean plenty of locations won't be talked about.
That's all the owner of the RAIDERS has said.. He already said NO to St Louis, sharing that new stadium with the Whiners, etc.. Im sorry, but im afraid it's one of those 3.. Now Oaklands very own Two $hort loves him some Birmingham Alabama.. But that's about it..