• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

S.A. Los Raiders?

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Raiders move to San Antonio, who is going to be their fan base? South Texas Mexicans are THE most loyal and ravenous Cowboys fans around bar none, and all the anti-Cowboys malcontents already root for the ridiculously named Houston Texans. So, who's going to cheer for Los Raiders?

jrtzlt.jpg

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Raiders move to San Antonio, who is going to be their fan base? South Texas Mexicans are THE most loyal and ravenous Cowboys fans around bar none, and all the anti-Cowboys malcontents already root for the ridiculously named Houston Texans. So, who's going to cheer for Los Raiders?

View attachment 77126
Fan base would not be a problem.. Why do you think SA is making a huge push for the RAIDERS.. They would get the fans not only from SA but Austin as well.. Red McCombs already has people lined up for them..
Shoot the RAIDERS would be the best team in Texas by far!! SA would be the Silver and Black City.. The RAIDERS and Spurs.. But Oakland is not out yet, new developments pop up daily..
Word has it the RAIDERS will sign another 1 year at the O as they continue to work on the stadium issues..
I tell ya what though?? The RAIDERS are a young team with franchise players, ready to explode on the scene..
SA would be lucky to get them!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fan base would not be a problem.. Why do you think SA is making a huge push for the RAIDERS.. They would get the fans not only from SA but Austin as well.. Red McCombs already has people lined up for them..
Shoot the RAIDERS would be the best team in Texas by far!! SA would be the Silver and Black City.. The RAIDERS and Spurs.. But Oakland is not out yet, new developments pop up daily..
Word has it the RAIDERS will sign another 1 year at the O as they continue to work on the stadium issues..
I tell ya what though?? The RAIDERS are a young team with franchise players, ready to explode on the scene..

How would they be the best team in Texas by far? The Cowboys won the division last year and the Texans won their division this year. The Raiders on the other hand haven't finished higher than 3rd in what 13 years? So no I don't think you can make such a claim.

I would also argue the idea that you would have plenty of fans there. Most people in Texas have already taken allegiance towards either the Cowboys or Texans. Both franchises have really established themselves over the years so I think it might be a bit of a struggle to really get people to turn over that allegiance just because a new team moves to town. The Raiders would have to win early and often to really get people in that town thinking about cheering for the Raiders.

Forgetting all that it will be interesting to see what all happens and where the Raiders end up. To me it boils down to which city is willing to spend the money to show the Raiders they want them to come. With Mark Davis being the poorest owner in the NFL he is going to need a city to show him the money. Especially throw in there is that whole $500 million moving fee that the NFL charges so when Mark Davis has said that he maybe has $500 million he can invest himself in a stadium that would mean a new city other than Oakland would have to put pretty much 100% of the money into the new stadium unless Mark Davis can convince the NFL to waive that fee. Right now from what I understand the other owners are trying to push Mark Davis out of the league. They want an owner with more money and more allegiance to the other owners compared to the Davis family.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Carr who most say is one of the best if not the best young QB in the game, along with MackAttack who made NFL history by being named to the ALL PRO team at 2 spots DE/LB!! And Super Rookie Amari Cooper!! With a host of other young players.. Ya, SA would be lucky to get the RAIDERS!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would they be the best team in Texas by far? The Cowboys won the division last year and the Texans won their division this year. The Raiders on the other hand haven't finished higher than 3rd in what 13 years? So no I don't think you can make such a claim.

I would also argue the idea that you would have plenty of fans there. Most people in Texas have already taken allegiance towards either the Cowboys or Texans. Both franchises have really established themselves over the years so I think it might be a bit of a struggle to really get people to turn over that allegiance just because a new team moves to town. The Raiders would have to win early and often to really get people in that town thinking about cheering for the Raiders.

Forgetting all that it will be interesting to see what all happens and where the Raiders end up. To me it boils down to which city is willing to spend the money to show the Raiders they want them to come. With Mark Davis being the poorest owner in the NFL he is going to need a city to show him the money. Especially throw in there is that whole $500 million moving fee that the NFL charges so when Mark Davis has said that he maybe has $500 million he can invest himself in a stadium that would mean a new city other than Oakland would have to put pretty much 100% of the money into the new stadium unless Mark Davis can convince the NFL to waive that fee. Right now from what I understand the other owners are trying to push Mark Davis out of the league. They want an owner with more money and more allegiance to the other owners compared to the Davis family.
The Cowboys are a grease fire cd and everybody knows it, so stop it.. The Texans have NO QB, and the draft has none unless they trade up to 1, and FA has none to offer either.. The RAIDERS have it all.. Sorry to disappoint you..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys are a grease fire cd and everybody knows it, so stop it.. The Texans have NO QB, and the draft has none unless they trade up to 1, and FA has none to offer either.. The RAIDERS have it all.. Sorry to disappoint you..
Oh, but the Texans can pick up PM after you guys dump him this offseason..

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're going to leave Oakland again, it won't be for San Antonio...they'll relocate to Sacramento.
There's also the possibility of them sharing Levi's Stadium w/ the 49ers just down the road in Santa Clara.

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First off Houston has a great defense as do the Cowboys. The Cowboys were a grease fire this year because they lost their 2 best players to injury. Do you really think if the Raiders lost Mack and Carr for the year early on in the season that you guys would win more than say 4 games? Come on Idaho.

Now to me the fact that Houston can win even without a great QB should show that they have all the pieces around to bring in even an average QB and find success. Actually there are quite a few decent QB's that could be hitting the open market this year that they could plug in then draft a rookie and see what happens.

There is RGIII who I actually think will be the new starting QB for the Texans. Yes he has struggled as of late but a change of scenery could be just what he needs. Sam Bradford is another that has shown at times to be a competent QB when healthy. Ryan Fitzpatrick just finished off one of his best years as a QB in this league barely finishing behind your amazing Carr is QB rating. Again the Texans don't need a star QB to win. They have plenty of talent around the QB to do just fine even with an average QB. Then there are quite a few rookie QB's being talked about this year with Lynch, Goff, Cook, and others that depending on the team are excited about.

Also the Cowboys are America's Team for a reason. They have been voted multiple times as the best fan base in the NFL with the most committed fans around. So you really think Cowboys fans in San Antonio are all of a sudden going to become Raiders fans? Come on Idaho please for once don't be a complete homer and look at this with objective eyes.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're going to leave Oakland again, it won't be for San Antonio...they'll relocate to Sacramento.
There's also the possibility of them sharing Levi's Stadium w/ the 49ers just down the road in Santa Clara.
I don't know about Sac dude, but i guess it could happen.. As well as Santa Clara, but the thing with that is, Mark already said NO to sharing with 9ers.. SA is picking up steam though, so we don't know there either for sure..
The RAIDERS are a FA, and we have a young team READY TO WIN BIG!! YUP YUP..

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about Sac dude, but i guess it could happen.. As well as Santa Clara, but the thing with that is, Mark already said NO to sharing with 9ers.. SA is picking up steam though, so we don't know there either for sure..
The RAIDERS are a FA, and we have a young team READY TO WIN BIG!! YUP YUP..

Mark isn't the sharpest tool in the Raider shed. Sad to say, that apple fell far from Al's tree.

There have been reports on numerous local stations here about Santa Clara being an option.
NFL board of governors and the owners committee would have the final say.
Sacramento is also still in play as well from what I've heard.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off Houston has a great defense as do the Cowboys. The Cowboys were a grease fire this year because they lost their 2 best players to injury. Do you really think if the Raiders lost Mack and Carr for the year early on in the season that you guys would win more than say 4 games? Come on Idaho.

Now to me the fact that Houston can win even without a great QB should show that they have all the pieces around to bring in even an average QB and find success. Actually there are quite a few decent QB's that could be hitting the open market this year that they could plug in then draft a rookie and see what happens.

There is RGIII who I actually think will be the new starting QB for the Texans. Yes he has struggled as of late but a change of scenery could be just what he needs. Sam Bradford is another that has shown at times to be a competent QB when healthy. Ryan Fitzpatrick just finished off one of his best years as a QB in this league barely finishing behind your amazing Carr is QB rating. Again the Texans don't need a star QB to win. They have plenty of talent around the QB to do just fine even with an average QB. Then there are quite a few rookie QB's being talked about this year with Lynch, Goff, Cook, and others that depending on the team are excited about.

Also the Cowboys are America's Team for a reason. They have been voted multiple times as the best fan base in the NFL with the most committed fans around. So you really think Cowboys fans in San Antonio are all of a sudden going to become Raiders fans? Come on Idaho please for once don't be a complete homer and look at this with objective eyes.
Stop it cd.. The Cowboys are a grease fire dude.. And ya America's team eh?? Full of thugs!! Way to rep the US Cowboys!! I think NOT!! And the Texans WILL not WIN till they get a QB cd, i don't care that they have JJ Watt.. NO QB= No wins!! And the ONLY QB in this draft is Goff, that's it.. Maybe just Maybe the Penn St QB will be good, but maybe..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark isn't the sharpest tool in the Raider shed. Sad to say, that apple fell far from Al's tree.

There have been reports on numerous local stations here about Santa Clara being an option.
NFL board of governors and the owners committee would have the final say.
Sacramento is also still in play as well from what I've heard.
Mark is playing this just right dude.. He will get what he wants in time.. And the only way they play in Santa Clara is if their waiting on their stadium ti be built in Oakland..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it cd.. The Cowboys are a grease fire dude.. And ya America's team eh?? Full of thugs!! Way to rep the US Cowboys!! I think NOT!! And the Texans WILL not WIN till they get a QB cd, i don't care that they have JJ Watt.. NO QB= No wins!! And the ONLY QB in this draft is Goff, that's it.. Maybe just Maybe the Penn St QB will be good, but maybe..

Hmmm interesting because the Texans just WON THEIR DIVISION WITH NO QB!! I mean that just happened. And who is to say they don't have a QB this next season? We have no clue how rookies will do coming in and we have no clue what they will do possibly bringing in a FA. I mean say RGIII comes in and plays closer to his rookie season...Well I would say if he does that then the Texans have to be considered one of the better teams in the entire AFC. The Cowboys like I already pointed towards have been a much better team. This year to me was a huge fluke. Again how do your Raiders do without Mack and Carr this year? I bet they are lucky to win 4 games the entire season. That is what the Cowboys ran into. Yet they were still in almost every game because they had a very good defense and still have one of if not the best OL in football. If they get Romo and Dez back then to me they once again become a team nobody wants to play in the NFC.

That is the great thing about the NFL is that any team can go from being the top team to the very bottom in a hurry and a bottom team can rise to the top in a hurry. I mean look at the Ravens where they won a Super Bowl just a couple of years ago and are now picking in the top-10 of the draft. Now again they did have a ton of injuries but still shows that you can quickly fall or rise.

As for the rookie class of QB's yeah I'm sure in Brady's draft that people didn't think he would become the HOF QB he has become. Brees wasn't a 1st round pick. Russell Wilson was a 3rd rounder. Tony Romo was an undrafted player. Those are just some of the top-10 QB's in the NFL right now that were not 1st round players.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark is playing this just right dude.. He will get what he wants in time.. And the only way they play in Santa Clara is if *they're waiting on their stadium to be built in Oakland..

They could do that, or they could remain there permanently (a la Jets/Giants).

btw: I wouldn't hold my breath he gets a new stadium in Oakland..... just sayin'

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the division they play in cd.. My goodness we would of won that division going away!! Again cd NO QB= No wins man.. Everybody in the sports media said they won't win till they get a QB.. Oh they can win that weakazz division they play in, but then who can't?? And stop bringing up RG3 for crying out loud.. SMH cd.. Again cd this draft only yields one QB that has a chance to start this year, and that's goff.. But Hue Jackson will draft him..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could do that, or they could remain there permanently (a la Jets/Giants).

btw: I wouldn't hold my breath he gets a new stadium in Oakland..... just sayin'
We never know till we know on the Oakland front.. But if the RAIDERS share that stadium with the 9ers, it would have to have a make over as far as the colors go.. Its all red and gold.. Mark had the chance to go half in that stadium but said no already.. Im afraid it's Oakland or SA for my RAIDERS, but anything could happen though..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the division they play in cd.. My goodness we would of won that division going away!! Again cd NO QB= No wins man.. Everybody in the sports media said they won't win till they get a QB.. Oh they can win that weakazz division they play in, but then who can't?? And stop bringing up RG3 for crying out loud.. SMH cd.. Again cd this draft only yields one QB that has a chance to start this year, and that's goff.. But Hue Jackson will draft him..

So says the all wise Idaho. I bring up RGIII as just an example. I listed plenty of others that can play average and the Texans can win because they have a top-10 defense. Yes they played in an easy division but they still won. They didn't just beat up on their own division. They won against the Bengals in Cincinnati when they were still at full strength. They beat the Jets who barely missed the playoffs. So don't tell me that they can't win without a great QB.

Again you are talking about a State that has shown huge loyalty to the teams they have followed for years. I don't think they just drop their fanhood of the team they support just because the Raiders come into town. Heck the Raiders have been one of the least supported teams in the country over the past 15 years. It is why they had to change the blackout rules because too many Raiders games were being blacked out. Heck they had to cover up a huge chunk of the seats just to make the stadium look a bit fuller. That is why to me the Raiders wherever they go are going to struggle to find a fan base that will support them unless they come out winning and winning often. Look at the St. Louis Rams as a great example. They moved to St. Louis back in I think 95 or 96. They won a Super Bowl not too many years after moving their. They had a great team and it had a decent fan base. As soon as they started losing though the fans stopped showing up because there wasn't that deep seeded history that made fans realize you have to stick with them through the good and bad times. This is why relocation happens so seldom over the last 20 years. The NFL is not an idiot. They know establishing a new fan base is not easy task.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We never know till we know on the Oakland front.. But if the RAIDERS share that stadium with the 9ers, it would have to have a make over as far as the colors go.. Its all red and gold.. Mark had the chance to go half in that stadium but said no already.. Im afraid it's Oakland or SA for my RAIDERS, but anything could happen though..

Do you currently live in Idaho?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So says the all wise Idaho. I bring up RGIII as just an example. I listed plenty of others that can play average and the Texans can win because they have a top-10 defense. Yes they played in an easy division but they still won. They didn't just beat up on their own division. They won against the Bengals in Cincinnati when they were still at full strength. They beat the Jets who barely missed the playoffs. So don't tell me that they can't win without a great QB.

Again you are talking about a State that has shown huge loyalty to the teams they have followed for years. I don't think they just drop their fanhood of the team they support just because the Raiders come into town. Heck the Raiders have been one of the least supported teams in the country over the past 15 years. It is why they had to change the blackout rules because too many Raiders games were being blacked out. Heck they had to cover up a huge chunk of the seats just to make the stadium look a bit fuller. That is why to me the Raiders wherever they go are going to struggle to find a fan base that will support them unless they come out winning and winning often. Look at the St. Louis Rams as a great example. They moved to St. Louis back in I think 95 or 96. They won a Super Bowl not too many years after moving their. They had a great team and it had a decent fan base. As soon as they started losing though the fans stopped showing up because there wasn't that deep seeded history that made fans realize you have to stick with them through the good and bad times. This is why relocation happens so seldom over the last 20 years. The NFL is not an idiot. They know establishing a new fan base is not easy task.
Again cd, and i can't say this enough.. No QB= No wins.. Or maybe i should say real wins.. And in order to be wise, all you have to do is see it for what it is.. That's the secret to being wise..
And as far as the fan base in SA?? Why not tune into their sports radio and TV.. They want their own team!!
Why do you think their pushing real hard for the RAIDERS.. They would FILL up a stadium there in a heartbeat!!