• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryder Cup TV (NBC) Coverage Is The WORST

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many sponsors does NBC have for this event? They show more commercials than golf.........What an embarrassment for a major world sporting event. Hopefully, some other network, will have the Ryder Cup coverage, in the future.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many sponsors does NBC have for this event? They show more commercials than golf.........What an embarrassment for a major world sporting event. Hopefully, some other network, will have the Ryder Cup coverage, in the future.

I actually give them credit for giving you a split screen showing golf and the commercials at the same time.

We should be getting that more often.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually give them credit for giving you a split screen showing golf and the commercials at the same time.

That's not happening today, unfortunately, just when we could use it the most with 12 matches going on at once.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone objectively looks at the coverage of other major golf tournaments, the amount of commercials was far less........I was wondering where the money is going. The players make nothing. There were 50,000 + fans at the tournament. Somebody made a lot of money
But The MASTERS had very few commercial breaks......The British Open had far less commercials.......It makes me wonder why NBC had so many sponsors.....And I suppose the split screen was OK if you had a 75 inch screen. NBC was going to break about every 6 or 7 minutes.....It was annoying....
My favorite phrase was......While we were in the break this shot happened.... etc etc
Needless to say, I muted the commercials.......I have a feeling. I'm not the only person who complained.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Formula 1 racing and even NASCAR has been doing that for a while now...ANY sport where the action keeps going and doesn't have real "commercial breaks" should be doing that sort of thing... However, I'm sure advertisers aren't big fans since people will be looking at something other than their ads...

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Formula 1 racing and even NASCAR has been doing that for a while now...ANY sport where the action keeps going and doesn't have real "commercial breaks" should be doing that sort of thing... However, I'm sure advertisers aren't big fans since people will be looking at something other than their ads...

I was talking about the amount of commercials, not necessarily the split screen.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about the amount of commercials, not necessarily the split screen.

Ah, got ya :suds: it actually goes for everything these days(not just sports)... In the 70's/80's a half hour TV show was about 27 minutes long, so 3 mins of commercials...Now? shows are about 22-24 minutes on average, so 6 to 8 mins of commercials... That's a HUGE difference...

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should not really have been a big deal for a lot of folks during the Sun matches since you could flip over to an NFL game during that time.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - until the recent past golf coverage kind of sucked (including the Ryder Cup). We now live in an era where you can pretty much watch every tourney wire to wire with the Golf Channel, live streaming & other outlets. I suppose that I can put up with a few commercials in that case.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like all the commercials but they have a maximum of 24 players on the course...that's on Sunday singles...most of the time they had 4 matches on the course...8 players...that amounts to a lot of dead time walking between shots.

Unlike any other golf tourney so I don't get comparing it to a tourney that has 140 to 70 players and saying the coverage sucked because there were too many commercials.