• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryder Cup in Scotland - Captain's Picks?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree...best if Tiger is not on this squad, but if Kuch nor Dufner can go and TW says cap, I'm willing to give it go, Watson is going to take him.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I Agree. Hate it, but I have to agree.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be Keegan, Sneds, and Tiger. If Kuchar doesn't play, and it were me calling the shots, I would actually take Stricker as the 4th option. Just had a pretty good showing, and when on with the putter there is nobody better.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be Keegan, Sneds, and Tiger. If Kuchar doesn't play, and it were me calling the shots, I would actually take Stricker as the 4th option. Just had a pretty good showing, and when on with the putter there is nobody better.
Tiger doesn't deserve to be picked in my opinion.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Europe I would go with Donald, Poulter, Westwood

The US. Bradley, Moore, and Tom Watson himself. (..yea I said it.) He has made the cut 4 of the last 6 British opens. He just has that steady game you need for links ..and it's a fun pick.

I already saw Europe having a pretty good edge to win this. But now with Rory leading them???? The Europeans will be like the Trojans as they are lead into battle by Achilles. They are going to feel invincible and I think they will play that way.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson has made a great move by putting this on Tiger. By doing this Tiger can't show up with even the slightest hint of an injury and he better have some of his kinks worked out.

Tiger better be careful here ..this thing could get ugly for him.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Europe I would go with Donald, Poulter, Westwood

The US. Bradley, Moore, and Tom Watson himself. (..yea I said it.) He has made the cut 4 of the last 6 British opens. He just has that steady game you need for links ..and it's a fun pick.

I already saw Europe having a pretty good edge to win this. But now with Rory leading them???? The Europeans will be like the Trojans as they are lead into battle by Achilles. They are going to feel invincible and I think they will play that way.

Lol. Love it! The tourney is in Scotland after all.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Tom Watson over Tiger all day! That would really get the young guys on USA fired up.

If Tiger was smart, he would rest and realize with or without him, USA is gonna get beatdown. Unless we have another miracle like the Olympic hockey team or something.

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger makes it official by withdrawing his name to the team. Dufner should be out with that bulging disc in his neck. I would like to see more young guns on the team like in 08 when there was 6 rookie Ryder Cuppers. Could see either of these players Sneds, Moore, Palmer, Bradley, Todd or Kirk but with 3 weeks until Watson makes his 3 picks others could make a statement for the team by getting hot.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger is out.

Snedeker at the top of the leaderboard this weekend.

I would like to see more young guns on the team like in 08 when there was 6 rookie Ryder Cuppers

Totally agree.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know.... He hasn't done much this year, but if Nick Watney keeps playing well I would be tempted to take him for the Ryder Cup, especially if Kuchar doesn't play. Watney is stupid long and when on, he's pretty solid. Snedeker played well last week to.

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahan's win at the Barclays puts him into the mix for a possible pick

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, if I was Watson I would make my picks based on data based analysis. Not just who is playing the best at the moment.

Who has the game that works best on a links course, do I need a guy that is longer off the tee, or is fairways hit more important, what is his record on this course. How are the greens slow or fast? ...some guys have trouble with really fast greens or slow greens etc.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, if I was Watson I would make my picks based on data based analysis. Not just who is playing the best at the moment.

Who has the game that works best on a links course, do I need a guy that is longer off the tee, or is fairways hit more important, what is his record on this course. How are the greens slow or fast? ...some guys have trouble with really fast greens or slow greens etc.

That makes sense...Being the road team, I like the experience factor along with good recent play (confidence) which would make Mahan a solid pick for me.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahan to me would be both a good and a horrible pick. After his 2010 choke job at the Ryder cup when he flubbed that crucial chip shot and then getting snubbed in 2012 by Love, he will surely have something to prove this time around.

On the other hand, did anyone catch his 18th hole this last week? With a 3 shot lead he double bogeyed the final hole to squeak out a one shot victory. A win is a win, yes....but I just haven't seen the killer instinct from Mahan that is required in a Ryder Cup.

I think a guy like Keegan Bradley is much more suited for this type of match play. He's emotional and sure played well with Phil last time, surely Watson is considering Keegan at this point.

How about someone like Billy Horschel? Another emotional guy who's fire could be contagious with some of the other more laid-back players. Watson probably will also go with a veteran like Stricker...just a hunch.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's where Numbers can mislead you. If someone Is rated higher on your scale, but they played better at the beginning of the year..? You want them? NO You WANT who is Hot or at least been playing solid lately. Not who has cooled off and not playing well. A lot of these players are streaky, even Rory.

Right now if I had 4 picks (someone's hurt):
Snedeker
Bradley
Mahan
Watney?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm thinking..

Bubba & Furyk - Jimmy's lack of emotion keeps Bubba focused
Phil & Keegan - already proven
Fowler & Spieth - let the young guns raise the bar
Kuchar & Hunter - quiet assassins
Zach and Pat reed - why not

And sneddy and Walker lurking. Keep hunter out for singles.

U never know

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm thinking..

Bubba & Furyk - Jimmy's lack of emotion keeps Bubba focused
Phil & Keegan - already proven
Fowler & Spieth - let the young guns raise the bar
Kuchar & Hunter - quiet assassins
Zach and Pat reed - why not

And sneddy and Walker lurking. Keep hunter out for singles.

U never know

Keep hunter out for singles LOL