• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryder Cup in Scotland - Captain's Picks?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USA
Bubba Watson
Rickie Fowler
Jim Furyk
Jimmy Walker
Phil Mickelson
Matt Kuchar
Jordan Spieth
Patrick Reed
Zach Johnson

Captain's picks?

Europe
Rory McIlroy
Henrik Stenson
Sergio Garcia
Justin Rose
Martin Kaymer
Victor Dubuisson
Thomas Bjorn
Jamie Donaldson
Graham McDowell

Captain's picks:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuchar may not play, but I am guessing he will. Duffner if healthy is a captain's pick. Keegan is definitely a captain's pick. Supposedly Tiger told Tom Watson to pick him - imagine that. Snedeker I would think is a pick. Ryan Moore and Webb Simpson? Hunter Mahan?

Europe is pretty simple. Ian Poulter is definitely in. I am guessing Joost Luiten, Jimenez, or Westwood.

Either wat the Europeans are stacked for Scotland.

Last edited by a moderator:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't agree with some of the picks ...are you going to tell people to Shut the fuck up?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHA. Not at all.

Big difference between opinion on picks and experience on the golf course. And I never told you to STFU did I? ;) Plus it was people crying I told to shut it.

Look what happened sunday... The guy in the lead wasn't so hot with the putter was he? Kinda like the week before? Anyways.. Moving on.

The only thing I would say on this, is that Tiger shouldn't be on the team. The fact that he's trying like hell to get on the team, just tells me even more that he's not that hurt.

Not much to argue here.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
US

What I would do.

Bradley,Dufner, Harris English

Yes...I would leave Tiger off for his own good really...he would have to play a couple of events (somewhere) and show form worthy of a pick.

Euros

2 stables...Westwood, Poulter

While I would prefer Cabrera-Bello or Blixt, but for old time sake I would pick Jimenez.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the English pick.

No Dustin Johnson, Tiger... I say if we are going to be the underdogs, let's get some young guys in there. OF course we will see who plays well during the next month too, cuz taking someone that is hot down the stretch will probably happen.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
US

What I would do.

Bradley,Dufner, Harris English

Yes...I would leave Tiger off for his own good really...he would have to play a couple of events (somewhere) and show form worthy of a pick.

Euros

2 stables...Westwood, Poulter

While I would prefer Cabrera-Bello or Blixt, but for old time sake I would pick Jimenez.

Jason Dufner withdraws from 2014 PGA Championship - CBSSports.com

How is Dufner going to play when he has stated that he needs time off to recover from his injury? Here is a quote from him in this article:

"I'm probably not going to be healthy until I can take six to eight weeks off," said Dufner. Not sure when that's going to be. But I'll get through it."

The Ryder Cup is a little more than a month away so it sounds like that would fall within this time frame.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO unless there's a miracle, take Duffner off the list. It's weird to here Duffner saying exactly what Tiger should be saying.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHA. Not at all.

Big difference between opinion on picks and experience on the golf course. And I never told you to STFU did I? ;) Plus it was people crying I told to shut it.

Look what happened sunday... The guy in the lead wasn't so hot with the putter was he? Kinda like the week before? Anyways.. Moving on.

The only thing I would say on this, is that Tiger shouldn't be on the team. The fact that he's trying like hell to get on the team, just tells me even more that he's not that hurt.

Not much to argue here.

I was just pointing out how counter productive it is to start a thread requesting feedback only to tell some one to STFU for doing exactly what you ask them to do.

And for the record, Jim Nance one of the most respected golf announcers/commentators in the game has no better then a 15 handicap. So when you says things like:

Shooting in the 90s for three days and then 100 on the fourth day is nothing like shooting in the 60s for three days and in the low 70s on day 4. Please dude you're out of your tree.

What's some of you Clowns don't understand is that when you're playing with the number one player in the world and he is on fire you tend to forget about your own game - you focus/worry about his game. that's how it is. And that's how it was when Tiger was 25 years old.

I'm dying laughing right now. These are the things most people do not understand. Don't act like you understand what it's like shooting the 60s unless you can do it.

I have to wonder ...do you think they should fire Jim Nance for being a clown who doesn't understand what it's like to shoot a round in the 60"s?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude. Move on. Geez. Jim Nance?? Really? Just because he has a "nice golf voice" doesn't mean he knows jack shit about what it's like to have a lead on sunday. The purpose of "getting through" to some of you was to maybe get you all to realize that not many golfers can win wire to wire and be hot with the flatstick 24-7. If you want to point out more BS and more BS analogies, then do it and be PRODUCTIVE. lol

It's over. Rory is the best on the planet and he missed some putts he was making all week at the PGA. It happens with a lead - sometimes you run out of putts.

When you play at that level, that's what happens!! My goodness. Does Jim Nance know that? He might from watching so many good golfers, but I guarantee Jim Nance wouldn't say Sergio choked at Firestone last week.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just pointing out how counter productive it is to start a thread requesting feedback only to tell some one to STFU for doing exactly what you ask them to do.

And where was I requesting feedback? LMAO
I was wondering how many people were seeing Tiger act like a beeyatch and faking an injury.

Jason Day has had a messed up finger for months and you didn't see him flinch once! he wasn't making faces or holding his poor finger.

Wow man. U on your period? Where are you coming up with this from?

Last edited by a moderator:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And where was I requesting feedback? LMAO

Wow man. U on your period?

Your thread title. Anyone else think Tiger is faking it?

That is a question, in other words you are asking for feedback.

I'm I on my period? ...see I'm just calling you on something, and again you lose your composure.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I say something stupid, by all means let me know and bust my balls. I will laugh and say "whopps my bad".

But it is what it is. And I will say it again, people that are very close to the Tour or players that can shoot scores at that level ONLY understand what it's like out there.

Period. End of story. Now can we move on to the Ryder Cup?

Or are we gonna stay butt hurt and argue?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm I on my period? ...see I'm just calling you on something, and again you lose your composure.

Ok I lost my composure.. LMAO Can we move on?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok I lost my composure.. LMAO Can we move on?

No problem.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RJ who are you Captain's picks and does the US have a legit shot of taking down a loaded European squad?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never really gave much thought to the Europe side ....I'm going to chew on that.

I guess Jason Day cant be in this ..that's a shame.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hell yeah. I would love to see Adam Scott, Day, Ernie Els, Oothzheinen, Schwartzl. They need the Asians to have a squad and do like a final 4. Asia/South America vs US South Africa/Aussies vs. Europe, then a championship somewhere.

My spelling / grammar sux btw

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Dufner withdraws from 2014 PGA Championship - CBSSports.com

How is Dufner going to play when he has stated that he needs time off to recover from his injury? Here is a quote from him in this article:

"I'm probably not going to be healthy until I can take six to eight weeks off," said Dufner. Not sure when that's going to be. But I'll get through it."

The Ryder Cup is a little more than a month away so it sounds like that would fall within this time frame.

He's iffy, I was aware of that...if he can't go I would have to drop down the points list a bit and take Snedeker...as it stands, just too many guy w/o much RC experience vs a Euro team that's pretty loaded at the top and being able to throw vets like Poulter and Gmac at you...not looking good on paper.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snedeker and Tom Watson are pretty tight.

I would take Snedeker all day - he's a bulldog and can play with anyone, especially when he's on with the putter.

I would take Keegan and Snedeker, leave one opening for whoever is playing hot right before the Ryder Cup.

If Kuchar is out, then who knows... Maybe Tiger sneaks in, but USA would be better off without the side show.