• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryan D got this...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These few "fans" have, for whatever reason attached themselves to Luck and Holgorsen, and they will defend them to the end. Point out losses on the field, and they come back with making money, point out poor recruiting and they blame Lyons. Holgorsen and Luck can do no wrong, anyone before or after is worthless.

Few fans??:scratch:

More out there than you think brother!.... Please don't open the door to get me on an EDDIE P tirade..It's been a while...and long over due!..I don't need but just a little push!:lol:

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few fans??:scratch:

More out there than you think brother!.... Please don't open the door to get me on an EDDIE P tirade..It's been a while...and long over due!..I don't need but just a little push!:lol:
Hey Slaton. How do you feel about Eddie P? :D

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does not change my opinion. If you can build depth with Freshman, you don't need to get JUCO's.

I may be ignorant in thinking that we will never win a Conference Championship, playoff appearance with a JUCO laden team. In most cases, I view taking a JUCO as an admission that you were not able to adequately recruit and develop a position. I can see filling in a hole like we did with Crawford after Smallwood went into the NFL, or taking guys like Bruce Irvin and Rasul Douglass were no brainers as 4 and 5 star additions.

My theory for WVU football is that we will never will be able to consistently recruit 4-5 star talent. Our best years have been with the under the radar guys like Pat White, Amos, and Major. If we need JUCO's to fill in the roster, we don't have room for those guys. Develop talent from within and supplement with JUCOs for injuries, early grads and failures.

Kansas State won Big 12 in '12 so JUCO laden teams can win conf titles.

Are you saying we are not developing young talent at WVU???? Some guys who are actually playing in NFL came through Morgantown as frosh.

WVU seems to be a pretty good mix of the two and seems to be having some success on this path.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you saying we are not developing young talent at WVU???? Some guys who are actually playing in NFL came through Morgantown as frosh.

WVU seems to be a pretty good mix of the two and seems to be having some success on this path.
Hey. Who is the new guy? :scratch:

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is more of an exception than the rule. The success was short lived. Now name me a playoff team or NC team that relied on JUCOs?

I'm saying that we could be developing much more talent. If we had the depth, JUCOs would not be NEEDED. We took 14 frosh this year. In doing so, did we miss on the next Pat White or Steve Slaton? Freshman recruits are like lottery tickets. You never know who may be the next superstar. With JUCOs, you have a better idea of how they are. If you are in need for the coming season, it always makes sense to take the JUCO.

I agree. JUCOs have been some of the best players on our last few teams and high draft picks. On the opposite end, we need to replace them every two years.

JUCOs are JUCOs for a reason. They went there either because they could not make the grades to qualify, or they were not good enough or recognized enough to get a scholarship to a 4 year college. There is a very small pool of JUCOs who are elite players. We have been able to get some of these kids over the past years. There is much less competition as most power 5 schools fill their recruiting classes with Freshman.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JUCOs are JUCOs for a reason. They went there either because they could not make the grades to qualify, or they were not good enough or recognized enough to get a scholarship to a 4 year college. We have been able to get some of these kids over the past years. There is much less competition as most power 5 schools fill their recruiting classes with Freshman.

I am not sure what data you are basing this on....teams from all across the power 5 confs pick up Juco players...Bama had two of the top ten rated guys. We have done a great job recruiting is how we got some of those guys.

There is a very small pool of JUCOs who are elite players.

There is a very small group of elite players coming from either pipeline....

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a very small group of elite players coming from either pipeline....
AND effective coaches pick, woo, and offer players from each that will fit into the system........

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He praises Snyder, a well seasoned coach, for doing it but criticizes Dana. Maybe bb is right. Hypocritical?