• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Rutgers week/game thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have stayed for his senior year. Bye bye heisman for Barkley.

Again, Sickels left to help his family when his dad ended up bankrupt. Had that not happened he's here now. Its a crap situation, but teh kid had to do what he had to do for his family.

BArkley was done for Heisman after last week. Teams have just totally committed to stoipping him and are letting us shred them with the pass or Trace running. No way to really scheme against it with a sub standard line.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to be a little nervous about next years Oline too. Hopefully another year helps these guys get better. You never know what another year can do though. Do you think Barkley to come back? I am not expecting that.

There is almost a lzero percent chance Barkley comes bck. I can't imagine why he would. I hope he goes, it would be in his best interest as he's going to be a top 5, top 10 at worst, pick in draft.

I think next year OL will be better, Fries with a full year experience and he's been good for a freshman bouncing between positions, you get Bates and McGovern back who are both very good, then you have plenty of options at guard with Menet who's finally getting healthy, miranda, and Thorpe as the top guys. Really hope Gonzo gets beat out, he's a great kid, but has terrible feet, too slow.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, Sickels left to help his family when his dad ended up bankrupt. Had that not happened he's here now. Its a crap situation, but teh kid had to do what he had to do for his family.

BArkley was done for Heisman after last week. Teams have just totally committed to stoipping him and are letting us shred them with the pass or Trace running. No way to really scheme against it with a sub standard line.

If he stayed he would have made a lot more for his dad. Barkley's Heisman wasn't completely over last week but yes they are stacking 12 in the box against us (yes LBU thats 1 to many). I don't blame Barkley he is still a beast.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley is gone. He is a top 5 pick so why would he stay for a chance at the Heisman. McSorely is PSU's Heisman candidate for next year. I'm staying LBU positive right now saying we are getting our depth back from sanactions so offensive line needed a extra year. What really sucks is losing to MSU because we could have still made the playoffs with 1 loss. Oh well let's get improving and hope we finish strong this year in the bowl game and in recruiting.

Yeah, and if you watched the plays BArkley was out, Sanders had running room. Teams are flat out just selling out to stop 26 and giving us everything else, daring us not to feed Barkley and that's what we're doing....Trace has played very well both passing and running. Teams will likely play more straight up next year, at least early, and we have plenty of skill at RB with Miles, Robinson (if he stays) and Slade. We'll still be loaded at WR, TE will be a question, but hiopefully we have someone who can block a little there as well.

OL is getting there, but if you look at the roster it will still be young....but the yoith has far more talent han we've had and plenty of guys with at least a red shirt year to work in weight room ready to step in. I don't think it will be a great line by any means, but it will be better and more athletic...Gonzo, Wright and to a lesser extenet, Mahon are just slow footed and we get destroyed when they try to slide/pass off their man or pull them. Really limits what you can do

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and if you watched the plays BArkley was out, Sanders had running room. Teams are flat out just selling out to stop 26 and giving us everything else, daring us not to feed Barkley and that's what we're doing....Trace has played very well both passing and running. Teams will likely play more straight up next year, at least early, and we have plenty of skill at RB with Miles, Robinson (if he stays) and Slade. We'll still be loaded at WR, TE will be a question, but hiopefully we have someone who can block a little there as well.

OL is getting there, but if you look at the roster it will still be young....but the yoith has far more talent han we've had and plenty of guys with at least a red shirt year to work in weight room ready to step in. I don't think it will be a great line by any means, but it will be better and more athletic...Gonzo, Wright and to a lesser extenet, Mahon are just slow footed and we get destroyed when they try to slide/pass off their man or pull them. Really limits what you can do

Do we need to start scheduling a tougher non conference schedule. OSU playing Sooners even with the loss I feel helped them. Schedule 1 tough team a year plus add Pitt every year.
1. Powder puff team
2. Miami
3. Pitt (every year)
4. Akron

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we need to start scheduling a tougher non conference schedule. OSU playing Sooners even with the loss I feel helped them. Schedule 1 tough team a year plus add Pitt every year.
1. Powder puff team
2. Miami
3. Pitt (every year)
4. Akron

Have you seen our future schedulw where we replace Pitt with Auburn, VT and WVU? You can't play Pitt every year and a Home-Home with another P5, period, it can not be done without giving up a 7th home game which will never happen. Football funds the entire AD, pitt adds zero value. Ohio state doesn't play an Oklahoma then another P5 team, they play a good team then fill in with cupcakes. The extra conference game teh B1G plays limits teams.

We need to win the games on our schedule. Washington played a D3 level OOC last yar and made playoffs with a loss.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is almost a lzero percent chance Barkley comes bck. I can't imagine why he would. I hope he goes, it would be in his best interest as he's going to be a top 5, top 10 at worst, pick in draft.

I think next year OL will be better, Fries with a full year experience and he's been good for a freshman bouncing between positions, you get Bates and McGovern back who are both very good, then you have plenty of options at guard with Menet who's finally getting healthy, miranda, and Thorpe as the top guys. Really hope Gonzo gets beat out, he's a great kid, but has terrible feet, too slow.

You never know how much guys are going to improve over a year. Some improve a lot. :thumb: