• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Rutgers week/game thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the last 2 sting, I feel like I watched MSU game over course of 2 days. Let's go kick the shit out of Rutgers and close out 10-2 with a nice Florida bowl

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a real nice plan after the last two weeks, LBU!

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
58-0

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Lions just come out a just play. The pressure is off. They should work on their weaknesses and just run the score the hell way up.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the last 2 sting, I feel like I watched MSU game over course of 2 days. Let's go kick the shit out of Rutgers and close out 10-2 with a nice Florida bowl

It's frustrating as shit. If you could take into account win/loss record, point differential, strength of schedule and the players we have altogether, we've probably gotten more out of our guys than any other Big Ten team to date, but the two slim, conference losses have us screwed.

I think the inability of our offensive line to protect McSorley and the inability of our defensive line to get pressure on the other qb has ultimately been our demise. To a lesser degree, not being able to kick your average field goal hurts a little when you lose by a field goal.

And as a sidenote, I don't know how you expect teams to play a legit game after like a four hour delay. That is straight fucking BS...Lol

Last edited:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's frustrating as shit. If you could take into account win/loss record, point differential, strength of schedule and the players we have altogether, we've probably gotten more out of our guys than any other Big Ten team to date, but the two slim, conference losses have us screwed.

I think the inability of our offensive line to protect McSorley and the inability of our defensive line to get pressure on the other qb has ultimately been our demise. To a lesser degree, not being able to kick your average field goal hurts a little when you lose by a field goal.

And as a sidenote, I don't know how you expect teams to play a legit game after like a four hour delay. That is straight fucking BS...Lol

i concur with this. our staff is maximizing talent and we are still just too thin and young on the lines. Frustrating, but far better than wondering whether we'd even be bowl eligible a couple years ago

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i concur with this. our staff is maximizing talent and we are still just too thin and young on the lines. Frustrating, but far better than wondering whether we'd even be bowl eligible a couple years ago

Question why do we keep losing D-Lineman to the draft with a few years of eligibility left and they don't get drafted high or even at all? I would understand if they left as Juniors and were 1st-2nd rounders. Our team would have been a lot better with Garrett Sickels - UDFA, and I thought someone else this year. Same thing happened 2yrs ago.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question why do we keep losing D-Lineman to the draft with a few years of eligibility left and they don't get drafted high or even at all? I would understand if they left as Juniors and were 1st-2nd rounders. Our team would have been a lot better with Garrett Sickels - UDFA, and I thought someone else this year. Same thing happened 2yrs ago.

Sickels family had some bigtime financial issues and he left to try and help them out. Only other guy that left early and didn't go high was Deion BArnes and he took some bad advice from Larry Johnson.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I made a bet at work that I hope I don't end up regretting. If Penn State wins I get a tall glass of beer. If Rutgers wins I don't watch a Penn State game through the end of next season.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of us had high hopes still after 55 minutes in the Ohio State game.

Let's play this out and get a good bowl game and a top 10 finish in the rankings.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want us to find every way to get Barkley the ball. Lets get him the Heisman. Let him return kicks, throw passes, kick an extra point.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sickels is on the Rams PS. He is making in-roads into impressing the coaching staff enough to sign to the PS when he was cut recently by another team.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sickels is on the Rams PS. He is making in-roads into impressing the coaching staff enough to sign to the PS when he was cut recently by another team.

Should have stayed for his senior year. Bye bye heisman for Barkley.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless we have at least 3 starter ready linemen transfer in to start for us next year Barkley won't win the Heisman even if he stays.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to be a little nervous about next years Oline too. Hopefully another year helps these guys get better. You never know what another year can do though. Do you think Barkley to come back? I am not expecting that.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to be a little nervous about next years Oline too. Hopefully another year helps these guys get better. You never know what another year can do though. Do you think Barkley to come back? I am not expecting that.

Barkley is gone. He is a top 5 pick so why would he stay for a chance at the Heisman. McSorely is PSU's Heisman candidate for next year. I'm staying LBU positive right now saying we are getting our depth back from sanactions so offensive line needed a extra year. What really sucks is losing to MSU because we could have still made the playoffs with 1 loss. Oh well let's get improving and hope we finish strong this year in the bowl game and in recruiting.