• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors say Philies want Stanton.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion this would be the dumb move of the century. He has 11 years left at 32 million per year. He has played 150 games twice in 8 years. He is often injured. His power will decline as he ages and as that
happens he will be overpaid. The philies would have to give up nick Wiliams along with two decent minor
leaguers. Stanton will be 40 yrs old at the end of the contract. He will never hit 59 home runs again in
my opinion. I would rather use the money for a quality pitcher instead. Also heard that the Cardinals have a big interest in Stanton. Hope they get him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kinda of Phillies crap keeps getting generated by somebody or somebodies in the FO. Seriously? We need to jettison this mentality once and for all because it continues to be a literal albatross around the team's rebuilding effort. What next? Are we now going to offer contracts (and probably really big ones) to Jimmy, Chase, and the Lardass?!!!

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanton has been mentioned in articles for some time but only as a wild speculation. They would not go after him, imo.
I thought it was just a mind fart as well. Since the Marlins have new owners they want to dump payroll.
The Phillies and Cardinals are now mentioned as frontrunners. Boston has an interest as well.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the new owners of the Marlins includes Bruce Sherman and Derek Jeter. Jeter has a huge baseball pedigree and his baseball acumen alone has more sense than this BS that the Phillies FO trots out from time-to-time.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the new owners of the Marlins includes Bruce Sherman and Derek Jeter. Jeter has a huge baseball pedigree and his baseball acumen alone has more sense than this BS that the Phillies FO trots out from time-to-time.
LOL! I would not mind having Stanton in the lineup. But the cost is too high. The last 5 years of his contract will cost the Phillies $160 million dollars. Might as well burn that money. Plus he would become a future blocker
of up and coming talent. Remember Ryan Howard? I admit that I base this on Stanton declining quite a bit
by age 35, but I think it is realistic. Seems like he is always on the DL, and all this, while he is young. Therefore
I think it would be a bad business decision. Spend the money for some quality pitching and I would be satisfied!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather hope that Cozens learn how to walk and hit singles thereby earning his way to the big time and a spot in the lineup. Obviously, Stanton-Hoskins would be fun but too expensive.