• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors Fangio to GB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys hearing rumbles of this.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys hearing rumbles of this.

I haven't heard this, but from what I have seen Capers is out.

As a fan I'd be excited about Vic. He ran those awesome 3-4 defenses in S.F. under Harbaugh a few years ago.

IMO the Packers have several young players ready to break out but need a different voice.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were hearing it. That would hurt. I hate the way the guy calls a defense but it works. Could be the missing element for you guys. Gets more out of less talent wise.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that Fangio and Marvin Lewis were potential candidates for DC.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were hearing it. That would hurt. I hate the way the guy calls a defense but it works. Could be the missing element for you guys. Gets more out of less talent wise.

GB is going to need this. They have a limited amount of talent and will need someone that has that ability.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB is going to need this. They have a limited amount of talent and will need someone that has that ability.

I will respectfully disagree. A new defensive coordinator with the track record of Fangio will get the most of Fackrell, Randall, Ha-Ha, Biegel, Martinez, Lowry, Ryan and Kenny Clark.

I'd love to see Murphy hire Marvin Lewis.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will respectfully disagree. A new defensive coordinator with the track record of Fangio will get the most of Fackrell, Randall, Ha-Ha, Biegel, Martinez, Lowry, Ryan and Kenny Clark.

I'd love to see Murphy hire Marvin Lewis.

You don’t have to be respectful, :D. Until I see this defense coached by someone else I’m going to stick with my opinion. I’m not a Capers fan but the players have to be held accountable as well. A lot of missed tackles, confusion, out of position is on the players just as much as the coach.

It’s going to be interesting as to who they bring in.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t have to be respectful, :D. Until I see this defense coached by someone else I’m going to stick with my opinion. I’m not a Capers fan but the players have to be held accountable as well. A lot of missed tackles, confusion, out of position is on the players just as much as the coach.

It’s going to be interesting as to who they bring in.

Agreed. Players still have to play, regardless of who is calling plays.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Players still have to play, regardless of who is calling plays.

I read an article recently discussing the potential changes in the coaching staff as well as the mgt. what caught my eye was they also talked about taking a hard look at the evaluation of talent and durability of draft picks. I don’t know who all is involved with the evaluation process but they have been drafting a lot of players that are just injury prone. If this continues they won’t be competitive year in and year out.

Mark87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dom Capers' former assistants will get first shot at coordinator job

Capers cronies getting considered for DC. Man, I hope not. If that happens I’m afraid we may see much of the same.

If MM wants the defense to be better then the offense, here's your 1st tip:
You don't hire any in-house candidate. You need an outside DC who's going to hold players like HHCD, Matthews, Perry, Fackrell, etc to a higher standard. None of MM's inside guys appear capable of that. The last thing MM needs is more of the same.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's fair to interview them for the job first, but I certainly hope they don't stop there.
None of them are worth a damn.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Capers.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree, but good business practice is to give existing employees an opportunity for promotion. Can't hate that.

Valid point. What message would he be sending to the rest of the employees if he didn't. I can only assume its just a formality so he keeps moral up. Like Mark87 posted MM will have to hire someone who will be able to convince the players to buy in to their system and get them to perform.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dom Capers' former assistants will get first shot at coordinator job

Capers cronies getting considered for DC. Man, I hope not. If that happens I’m afraid we may see much of the same.
Have you ever had a job where you said to yourself "Man, I wish we could do things different than what the boss wants. I have some ideas that I think will breath some life into this place, but they just don't listen?"

Just because they worked under Dom doesn't mean, by any stretch of the imagination, that they are just like him, and will do things the exact same way.