• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumored 3 team deal has Deng to Houston, Asik to Atlanta and Lin to Chicago

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After not finding a deal that Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey deemed reasonable for backup center Omer Asik last week, the rumors have now swirled to involve point guard Jeremy Lin as a possible package deal. Earlier this week, it was reported that Morey talked to the Brooklyn Nets about a potential deal involving Asik/Lin for Deron Williams, and now it appears that a 3-team trade is being explored with the Chicago Bulls and Atlanta Hawks.

According to FOX Sports, the Bulls have inquired about trading for Lin in exchange for Luol Deng, with the Hawks being a possible destination for Asik.

Three-Team Trade Involving Asik/Lin/Deng Being Explored

Whyyyyyy?! We don't need Lin.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way this happens, HOU and ATL would become a lot better and the Bulls would get raped robbed then raped again.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wouldn't start Deng over Parsons?

Maybe Parsons could be sent to CHI to make up for having to take Lin.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would I? Probably, yeah. But how do you think Chandler would take that?

Like Asik...so another trade asset?

I wonder what Chandler's market looks like.

and HOU is really dumb for not taking Boston's offer.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Asik...so another trade asset?

I wonder what Chandler's market looks like.

and HOU is really dumb for not taking Boston's offer.

Houston, I doubt, would want to give up a three point shooter like Parsons, when they rely on that sort of thing. Especially for Luol Deng, who ain't that great from 3 land. Unless they are planning on playing differently.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston ftw here. They would get even more scary than they already are.

Has to be more than Lin going to Chi.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston, I doubt, would want to give up a three point shooter like Parsons, when they rely on that sort of thing. Especially for Luol Deng, who ain't that great from 3 land. Unless they are planning on playing differently.

They have shooters but some body to help on D could be huge for a title run.

I do not think their current roster and play style could win a title...without the pieces being used being much better.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do not think their current roster and play style could win a title...without the pieces being used being much better.

Their D would improve, absolutely.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BTW, I agree with that statement.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lin has gotten a bit underrated but Lin for Deng is robbery

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would I? Probably, yeah. But how do you think Chandler would take that?

You guys are being silly.

Use your imagination.

They both start. Deng and Parsons would complement each other very well in a 4 guard attack Parsons is capable of guarding bigger players as long as he gets some help and Howard is the type of defensive anchor who could allow the Rockets to get away with a smaller line-up. With Beverly, Deng and Howard, the Rockets might actually be a better defensive team after this deal despite being smaller. If Deng came off the bench (possible), he would still play well over 30 minutes per game, as would Parsons.

As for the Bulls, I am not sure why they would sell Deng for a player that doesn't fill a long term need. That is the part that doesn't make sense.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the Bulls, I am not sure why they would sell Deng for a player that doesn't fill a long term need. That is the part that doesn't make sense.
I agree. The rumored Asik/Lin for DWill trade makes more sense but the general gist that Im getting is that Houston has gotten cocky and is overvaluing its players

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are being silly.

Use your imagination.

They both start. Deng and Parsons would complement each other very well in a 4 guard attack Parsons is capable of guarding bigger players as long as he gets some help and Howard is the type of defensive anchor who could allow the Rockets to get away with a smaller line-up. With Beverly, Deng and Howard, the Rockets might actually be a better defensive team after this deal despite being smaller. If Deng came off the bench (possible), he would still play well over 30 minutes per game, as would Parsons.

Parsons can defend ya, but I didn't know he has proven himself to be a good post defender. You are saying Howard would be there for him so whatever?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lin isnt horrible hes just a 6th man. Hes a quicker version of Jarret Jack imo.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons can defend ya, but I didn't know he has proven himself to be a good post defender. You are saying Howard would be there for him so whatever?

Not exactly.

What I am saying is that adding Deng would help their team defense more than asking Parsons to guard a big would hurt it and the offense would be scary. They could still go big at times when they needed to.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly.

What I am saying is that adding Deng would help their team defense more than asking Parsons to guard a big would hurt it and the offense would be scary. They could still go big at times when they needed to.

Ah OK OK. Ya, you may be right. I like the sound of that, for sure, and if I was the coach I'd be trying that out.