• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumor: Wentz to be Ready for Opener

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did some stat checking on both Dak and Weintz.

Weintz is +87 yds passing over Dak
Weintz is +5 in TD passes over Dak
Dak is -4 in int thrown over Weintz

Through 2 yrs of both careers.

I like Weintz alot and think he'll be a very good QB throughout his career but you have to give Dak his due as well. He's put up similar numbers to CW up to this point in time. Like I said a year or two ago, it's going to be fun watching these two guys battle inside the division.
I like Wentz, liked him coming into the draft. I dont think he's as good as he looked in 17 though.
As for Dak I want all that high on him, but as a 4th round project I was all in. No I never thought he'd have the season he had as a rook.

As much as Eagles fans want to close the book on both Wentz and Dak I want to wait at least another season. If last season is at or near the real Wentz they are in a good place. If Dak is somewhere in between 2016 and 17 Dallas is in a good place.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Wentz, liked him coming into the draft. I dont think he's as good as he looked in 17 though.
As for Dak I want all that high on him, but as a 4th round project I was all in. No I never thought he'd have the season he had as a rook.

As much as Eagles fans want to close the book on both Wentz and Dak I want to wait at least another season. If last season is at or near the real Wentz they are in a good place. If Dak is somewhere in between 2016 and 17 Dallas is in a good place.

Both Dak and Weintz had knocks against them before taking an NFL snap so both have panned out very well. The only way this booked gets closed is if one of the QB's falls off the map real quick which IMO won't happen to either or unless they have an Andrew Luck type injury. I think these two will be close throughout their careers.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Dak and Weintz had knocks against them before taking an NFL snap so both have panned out very well. The only way this booked gets closed is if one of the QB's falls off the map real quick which IMO won't happen to either or unless they have an Andrew Luck type injury. I think these two will be close throughout their careers.

I think the difference between the two is made by something more subjective, rather than outright statistically measurable.

Wentz from the start has been the center piece of the Eagles offense, Dak never has been (that is Elliot). And when Elliot was out, Dak (almost) fell apart.

Wentz was (in season 1) thrown in as a starter, just days before the season began (Bradford trade), with what turned out to be one of the worst supporting casts on offense in the league (worst WR group in the NFL, bad RB's, O-line was a mess, IIRC 13 different starting line-ups, only the TE's were OK).

For a supporting cast, I would take all position groups other than TE of the 2017 Cowboys over that of the 2016 Eagles, and it is not even close.

What irks me in the debate with many Cowboy fans is that the situation Wentz was in, is that according to them the situation Wentz was put in is completely irrelevant (no, Wentz' mediocre numbers are all evidence of how mediocre Wentz is). Yet when you point out how Dak regressed in his 2nd season, it suddenly is not Dak, but everything around him that let Dak down and is the reason why his numbers went down (then suddenly Dak's numbers are a reflection of the lack of support, not how mediocre Dak is). A clear case of hypocrisy, as the difference between Dak's cast in 2017 and in 2016 does not even come close to that between Wentz' cast in 2016 and 2017.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the difference between the two is made by something more subjective, rather than outright statistically measurable.

Wentz from the start has been the center piece of the Eagles offense, Dak never has been (that is Elliot). And when Elliot was out, Dak (almost) fell apart.

Wentz was (in season 1) thrown in as a starter, just days before the season began (Bradford trade), with what turned out to be one of the worst supporting casts on offense in the league (worst WR group in the NFL, bad RB's, O-line was a mess, IIRC 13 different starting line-ups, only the TE's were OK).

For a supporting cast, I would take all position groups other than TE of the 2017 Cowboys over that of the 2016 Eagles, and it is not even close.

What irks me in the debate with many Cowboy fans is that the situation Wentz was in, is that according to them the situation Wentz was put in is completely irrelevant (no, Wentz' mediocre numbers are all evidence of how mediocre Wentz is). Yet when you point out how Dak regressed in his 2nd season, it suddenly is not Dak, but everything around him that let Dak down and is the reason why his numbers went down (then suddenly Dak's numbers are a reflection of the lack of support, not how mediocre Dak is). A clear case of hypocrisy, as the difference between Dak's cast in 2017 and in 2016 does not even come close to that between Wentz' cast in 2016 and 2017.

Dude... The won’t give an inch. The SB was cause the stars were aligned and Dak may have “been slightly better” so far which if ludicrous. I’ve just come to accept none of them will admit to what’s directly in their face. Like I said earlier... got my 2018 football guide and they had Wentz ranked at #3 and Dak at 17 right behind Foles. They won’t give an inch though bro.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"bro, I've got my football for dummies handbook and it says right there in plain English that Dak is the fourth ranked QBR (the only measurable correct stat) but they won't agree with me, poor me nobody ever agrees with my stupidity"

derp

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If given the choice bw 2 QBS with similar stats over a 2 year period I’d pick the one NOT coming off a major knee injury as my QB.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If given the choice bw 2 QBS with similar stats over a 2 year period I’d pick the one NOT coming off a major knee injury as my QB.

DId you know that coming off major knee surgery, you're more likely to injure the OTHER knee than the repaired knee?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"bro, I've got my football for dummies handbook and it sa right there in plain English that Dak is the fourth ranked QBR (the only measurable correct stat) but they won't agree with me, poor me nobody ever agrees with my stupidity"

derp

Do you see the next section on records? 11-1 versus 9-7

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is 22-10 as a starter

Wentz is 18-11 as a starter

Dak is a better starter

You should try stand up. Maybe you can borrow Mansters “Assalmanac” line.
What do you think about the magazine that ranked em like this...
1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Wentz
4. Brees
5. Big Ben

16. Foles
17. Dak

I like Dak. I like what Collingherd said... Dak is good. He’s a Corvette. Corvettes are nice cars but Wentz is a Maserati. Good way to paint the picture.

Last edited:

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey dumbass, do you deny that Dak is 22-10 as a starter and Wentz is 18-11 as a starter?

Cool, Collingherd had an opinion about Wentz before he had career threatening knee injury. His opinion doesn't take away from the fact that Dak has better numbers against pretty much the same competition.

69% > 62%

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should try stand up. Maybe you can borrow Mansters “Assalmanac” line.
What do you think about the magazine that ranked em like this...
1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Wentz
4. Brees
5. Big Ben

16. Foles
17. Dak

I like Dak. I like what Collingherd said... Dak is good. He’s a Corvette. Corvettes are nice cars but Wentz is a Maserati. Good way to paint the picture.

maserati as in overpriced and prone to breakdowns? I see that.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say both Dak and Wentz had one great season and one average season for various reasons but both are talented enough to guide each team to a SB if surrounded by the right cast of players.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say both Dak and Wentz had one great season and one average season for various reasons but both are talented enough to guide each team to a SB if surrounded by the right cast of players.

Yup... more or less with how I see it. I see it in some ways as Dak being more in the Nick Foles mould, and Wentz the Aaron Rodgers.

To me Dak has a lot to prove this season, especially whether he can carry the team if needed. Last year he could not, but that is something he could get better at.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont join the stupidity bandwagon Ford... i know you know who is much better.

I know who SHOULD be much better, I don't know who IS much better yet.