• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RT and LT

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty Sambrailo I have yet to see what they seen in him to draft him . He is so weak his core strength is god awful he runs like he is on hot coals not sure what that problem is ..just weird looking

my guess why he gets hurt is he gets wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over powered . if he gets hut this year I hope they cut him that day .

From the second I seen his College video I thought bust . Nothing has changed my mind

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy knows Dunlap, and right now, we need help at LT ... the Eagles' Jason Peters might also be a possibility, as I'm sure we're going to draft a OT and Peters probably has a good season left in him

There is no way in heck that Stephenson is Plan A ... We resigned him in case of disaster in FA and the draft ..

Whatever you might think of Dunlap, I love this clip

King_dunlap.gif

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Schofield or Sambrailo starting at RT for us.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure the plan at RT right now is Menalik Watson. I mean they are paying him a little over $6 million a year to be on our roster and you don't usually pay that for a back up. So as long as he can stay healthy that position is figured out. To me right now LT is the one position that isn't figured out. Good chance as it sits today that Leary-Paradis-Garcia-Watson will be from LG to RT. Garcia could have some competition from McGovern for the RG spot and of course Schofield has shown an ability to find his way into the line up but I would say that is a pretty solid starting 4. Not great but solid unit if they stay healthy. So just need to get that LT spot figured out and I can feel much better about our chances of this offense looking pretty good.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I would say the plan is Watson for the time being. Unless for some tragic sake we can't find a LT.

Garcia finished the season very well last year. Sorta letdown that McGovern wasn't activated for a single game last year with our OL struggles. It was like Philip Blake Part 2.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I would say the plan is Watson for the time being. Unless for some tragic sake we can't find a LT.

Garcia finished the season very well last year. Sorta letdown that McGovern wasn't activated for a single game last year with our OL struggles. It was like Philip Blake Part 2.

To me the coaching staff just really screwed up over the last couple of weeks. They probably knew good chance they are not coming back so they were not worried about the future of the Broncos. To me McGovern should have been playing in that last game and Lynch should have especially after reports of Siemian's injury being pretty serious.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos filled out some holes on the roster in Free Agency, but there is still one position that should make fans concerned... Left Tackle... Who are some options for the Broncos that Elway may bring in? I wrote a story looking at it from a draft focus! Check it out!

http://www.scout.com/nfl/broncos/story/1763665-where-will-the-broncos-go-at-left-tackle

I heard Elway and the front office question Stephenson's love for the game. So right now they need to keep him around but if true will be hard to motive anyone who doesn't truly love the game.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Denver doesn't at least get fairly comfortable at LT before draft ( which looks pretty unlikely at this point ) they might be forced to move up to get Robinson or Lamp. I think if either of those two or Howard even was their at 20, they would really have to go after one of them for sure you would think. Hope it's easy decision for them one way or the other. ;)

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Lamp.

That said, I won't be surprised when we trade a mid to high round pick for a LT with a year or two left on his contract.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know people are worried about us reaching for an OL in the draft. I still think there are a couple of guys that are worth it at 20 if they are there. Forrest Lamp has been my guy since about November/December and I still think he could be a strong presence at the LT spot. Garrett Bolles is another. A little more raw and needs some strength added to his game but you can see the skill set being there to become a great OT in the NFL.

Also just looking at some big boards...Daniel Jeremiah for example has Lamp ranked 14th overall and Bolles 21st. Not exactly reaches at 20. Just because the draft isn't deep at the position and doesn't have the clear cut "this guy is easily a top-10 pick at the position" types doesn't mean there isn't still some quality pieces available. Not the ideal way to go about feeling comfortable with our OL heading into the season but at this point it could be our best option. And to have a cost controlled LT for the next 5 years would be a nice bonus if they pan out.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know people are worried about us reaching for an OL in the draft. I still think there are a couple of guys that are worth it at 20 if they are there. Forrest Lamp has been my guy since about November/December and I still think he could be a strong presence at the LT spot. Garrett Bolles is another. A little more raw and needs some strength added to his game but you can see the skill set being there to become a great OT in the NFL.

Also just looking at some big boards...Daniel Jeremiah for example has Lamp ranked 14th overall and Bolles 21st. Not exactly reaches at 20. Just because the draft isn't deep at the position and doesn't have the clear cut "this guy is easily a top-10 pick at the position" types doesn't mean there isn't still some quality pieces available. Not the ideal way to go about feeling comfortable with our OL heading into the season but at this point it could be our best option. And to have a cost controlled LT for the next 5 years would be a nice bonus if they pan out.

cost controlled tackle is huge

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree on Lamp as my favorite top Oline guy this year for the Broncos.l

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Denver isn't confident in Bolles or Ram, wouldn't you think they would have to move up for Rob and Lamp ?

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Lamp projected as more of a G on the next level?

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah he is. He pry can play T but he could be realllyyy good at G. Lacks baseline length but plays very technical and a good mover for his size with good strength. I wouldn't hate him at 20 at all... although not really a value position.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If memory serves me right ( which is long shot ) he's played both positions and done well. I think his final year was all tackle. At this point, I think any " top " guard in draft that has had some experience at LT or RT could give the guys Denver has a run for their money at least. Besides LT, I'm a tad worried about Center as well. Be nice to find guy in draft that has some good experience at both guard and center. Think Cd said Garcia could fill in at center if Paradis has issues , but who fills in for Garcia that you can count on ?. Denver, even with the recent Fa additions, is still in a very precarious spot on O line. Te is still up in air also. Of course Denver isn't the only team having O line probs either. Big prob all over these days. :)

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If memory serves me right ( which is long shot ) he's played both positions and done well. I think his final year was all tackle. At this point, I think any " top " guard in draft that has had some experience at LT or RT could give the guys Denver has a run for their money at least. Besides LT, I'm a tad worried about Center as well. Be nice to find guy in draft that has some good experience at both guard and center. Think Cd said Garcia could fill in at center if Paradis has issues , but who fills in for Garcia that you can count on ?. Denver, even with the recent Fa additions, is still in a very precarious spot on O line. Te is still up in air also. Of course Denver isn't the only team having O line probs either. Big prob all over these days. :)

That could be helped with the NFL giving OT's more help with rule changes . They have took to much from their arsenal

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lamp played 3 games at guard his Redshirt Freshman season and then played LT for the final 9 gaems of the season. The next 3 seasons were all at LT. So to me yeah he has shown great ability at the tackle position over multiple years and has shown improvement with each one. He is a bit on the shorter side of things both height and arm length. That is a concern especially against those Calais Campbell types that could be hard to get their hands on them. I still think he can play well at the Tackle position because he is so technically sound and plays with a bit of a mean streak.