• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round Tracker 2017

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my goodness, the wife and I did another 18 holes in the heat.

We both shot 85's, really fun watching her game come together.

I need a day off, i can't walk another round.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing my 3rd round on the 29th. Tournament in honor of one of my friends brother. Only know one guy I'll be playing with. Pretty nervous about that since I am not that great of a golfer and I have no idea how these guys will play.

Pointers?

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing my 3rd round on the 29th. Tournament in honor of one of my friends brother. Only know one guy I'll be playing with. Pretty nervous about that since I am not that great of a golfer and I have no idea how these guys will play.

Pointers?

Beer.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pointers?

A shot and a beer before the 1st tee...that will take a little edge off...from there, swing easy, watch the club hit the ball.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my goodness, the wife and I did another 18 holes in the heat.

We both shot 85's, really fun watching her game come together.

I need a day off, i can't walk another round.

Congrats on the good rounds.

Maybe it's me, but idk how you guys are walking and playing 18...granted we're dealing with 95-98 heat index, but hill after hill after hill after hill...most courses don't even allow walkers on the weekend here...I go out to Colo and play...the thin air makes some difference, but low humidity and fairly flat courses, I could walk 18 2-3 times a week.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on the good rounds.

Maybe it's me, but idk how you guys are walking and playing 18...granted we're dealing with 95-98 heat index, but hill after hill after hill after hill...most courses don't even allow walkers on the weekend here...I go out to Colo and play...the thin air makes some difference, but low humidity and fairly flat courses, I could walk 18 2-3 times a week.

I don't know how we do it either, heat indexes were mid to high 90's and the dew point was in the 70's. Lots of water. I try to keep three gloves on me because they get wet really fast.

and the course it good, they know we're out there and keep an eye on us, don't want the old folks dying on the course. Funny thing is, the only other walkers we tend to run into are also in their 60's.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how we do it either, heat indexes were mid to high 90's and the dew point was in the 70's. Lots of water. I try to keep three gloves on me because they get wet really fast.

and the course it good, they know we're out there and keep an eye on us, don't want the old folks dying on the course. Funny thing is, the only other walkers we tend to run into are also in their 60's.

The other thing is, I absolutely suck when using a cart. I don't feel as engaged as I do when I walk.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good for you, I'm only 54 with a birthday coming this week. There are a few courses here that are walkable and actually allow walkers. One course we play...the 1st starts out at about 960 ft elev...drops about 50' to the fairway, then rises about 30-35' to the green...and it repeats something similar to that for the 1st 3 holes before kind of levels out for a few, then it starts it again. The back 9 has more long hills, not quite as steep, but there are no flat holes on the back. During the weekday, they allow walkers...I've walked that one before, but not in this humidity.

Walking is truly the best way to play the game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just being totally honest...it's probably there too, but walking here would turn the game into more of an endurance contest at many of these courses so I can see why they don't allow it on weekends when the courses are more crowded.

In AZ you can't walk either at many of those courses either, but 100+ temps and 110 index, they're probably more concerned about liability.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worse thing about walking is you have to go up and see where the green or flag is then walk all the way back to your ball...and yet my wife are always waiting on the group in front of us unless it's a single.

and you go through shoes every couple of years, lifetime warranty on Footjoys is BS, those soles are gone...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A shot and a beer before the 1st tee...that will take a little edge off...from there, swing easy, watch the club hit the ball.

Yeah, I do think at the breakfast prior to teeing off there will be drinks available.

I just need something to get over the fear of teeing of the first hole (if its the 1st or 10th - starting round). Always get nervous

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing to do if you're the weak link in a foursome is to play ready golf. Nobody will feel like you're dragging the team down as long as you play along.

Take your time and shoot 75 but if you're looking at 100 strokes or more, don't take your time.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worse thing about walking is you have to go up and see where the green or flag is then walk all the way back to your ball...and yet my wife are always waiting on the group in front of us unless it's a single.

and you go through shoes every couple of years, lifetime warranty on Footjoys is BS, those soles are gone...
Walking isn't so bad with a push cart. I have a seat attachment for mine when I'm waiting on the group in front of me.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate golf carts if I'm playing serious golf. I always lose any type of rhythm jumping in and out of the things. But if it's with friends screwing around on the course I'll get one just so I don't have to lug the beer around.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walking isn't so bad with a push cart. I have a seat attachment for mine when I'm waiting on the group in front of me.

Real men walk and carry!

Says the cart rider...lol!

I used to walk the par 3 near my house all the time after work...I need to start back doing it....my irons have just not been much good this yr.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real men walk and carry!

Says the cart rider...lol!

I used to walk the par 3 near my house all the time after work...I need to start back doing it....my irons have just not been much good this yr.
Riding is just a little more expensive than it's worth for every round. I try to walk most of the time and get a cart if my dad or a friend are in town for a round. I also have a cooler attachment that gets used regularly.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riding is just a little more expensive than it's worth for every round. I try to walk most of the time and get a cart if my dad or a friend are in town for a round. I also have a cooler attachment that gets used regularly.

I would welcome the cardio aspect of walking, but I don't want it to turn into an endurance test...when I go out the Colo and play, we walk mostly. Courses have some elevation change, but not the up and down we have here.

Did you walk when you played in GA? Assuming you were playing back then.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would welcome the cardio aspect of walking, but I don't want it to turn into an endurance test...when I go out the Colo and play, we walk mostly. Courses have some elevation change, but not the up and down we have here.

Did you walk when you played in GA? Assuming you were playing back then.
I knew the owners at a couple courses so I could ride free but anywhere else I just walked. I would definitely prefer a cart on the high elevation courses like one I played in Cherokee, NC. Not high elevation in the sense that Denver is the mile high city but it feels like you're teeing off from the ledge of a cliff practically every hole.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew the owners at a couple courses so I could ride free but anywhere else I just walked. I would definitely prefer a cart on the high elevation courses like one I played in Cherokee, NC. Not high elevation in the sense that Denver is the mile high city but it feels like you're teeing off from the ledge of a cliff practically every hole.

Yeah...it's interesting. Den has this perception of being in the mountains, and it's really an elevated plain fairly flat. The further west you go you can find more rolling terrain. Bear Dance is south of DEN about 30 miles...that's playing golf in the mountains, but still not cliff diving every hole.

We went out to western Colo, Grand Jct...about an hr from the UT border...just beautiful...Redland Mesa, just about every tee box you're teeing off 30-40' above the fairway...Lakota Canyon Ranch was the same way, even more elevation change there, people still walk...fewer people but some walkers.