• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round Tracker 2017

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great new stat.

AGIR

....love it.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really hating my wedges right now, lots of fats shots. Par five, I'm one foot from the sand trap protecting the green after my second shot, didn't go in the trap, but chunked it three times before getting on....fuck!

When I get close, I tend to stab at the ball instead of following through, I think I also tend to slouch with a short iron and press the club into the ground.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really hating my wedges right now, lots of fats shots. Par five, I'm one foot from the sand trap protecting the green after my second shot, didn't go in the trap, but chunked it three times before getting on....fuck!

When I get close, I tend to stab at the ball instead of following through, I think I also tend to slouch with a short iron and press the club into the ground.

Actually my % got a little better on the drive...9 of 13 not 14.

On the wedges...I feel you...9th hole 85 yds out and badly fatted a 56 deg wedge only about 60-65 yds...then on 15 I hit one with the same club from about 90 yds to 4' and made the birdie...the bad thing is both swings felt the same until impact.

Makes me a little unsure.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went out and played Canterbury Woods again yesterday and I did so against my better judgement. Imagine having a sword stuck in your back just below your right shoulder blade and that is what I have been dealing with since last Thursday. So I went anyway and the results were predictable. Having stabbing pains in your back while swinging a golf club is no bueno. Basically, I kept pushing everything way out to the right off the tee box and with lots of irons shots as well.

I had two really nice drives of 260-270 and that was about it. I spent the rest of the day attempting to scramble my way to the green.

The highlight of my day was a two hole stretch at 12 and 13. On 12 I creamed my drive about 270, hit a lob wedge 75 more to 8 feet and two putted for my first (yes, it was that ugly) par of the day. On the par 3 13th my buddy hit to the back of the green and then the wind goes from 5mph in our face to gusts of 20-25 as I walk to the box. I look at my partners with a WTF expression and backed off for a minute, but it wouldn't die down so I clubbed up and hit. My shot was right on the flag off the club face, but the wind destroyed it and the ball looked like it was coming backwards when it landed 5 yards short of the green. The pin was still 40-45 feet away and I had a mound on the left side of the green I would need to use to get it close. Well, I did better than that. I chipped it nicely to spot I wanted at the leading edge of that mound and my ball released, went up the mound and broke towards the hole nicely. So nicely that it rolled right in the cup for birdie.

The bad news is, my back is still FUBAR. The good news is, I'm remodeling a bathroom for my primary care physician and he and I are going to have a chat later today about this shitty back of mine.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went out and played Canterbury Woods again yesterday and I did so against my better judgement. Imagine having a sword stuck in your back just below your right shoulder blade and that is what I have been dealing with since last Thursday. So I went anyway and the results were predictable. Having stabbing pains in your back while swinging a golf club is no bueno. Basically, I kept pushing everything way out to the right off the tee box and with lots of irons shots as well.

I had two really nice drives of 260-270 and that was about it. I spent the rest of the day attempting to scramble my way to the green.

The highlight of my day was a two hole stretch at 12 and 13. On 12 I creamed my drive about 270, hit a lob wedge 75 more to 8 feet and two putted for my first (yes, it was that ugly) par of the day. On the par 3 13th my buddy hit to the back of the green and then the wind goes from 5mph in our face to gusts of 20-25 as I walk to the box. I look at my partners with a WTF expression and backed off for a minute, but it wouldn't die down so I clubbed up and hit. My shot was right on the flag off the club face, but the wind destroyed it and the ball looked like it was coming backwards when it landed 5 yards short of the green. The pin was still 40-45 feet away and I had a mound on the left side of the green I would need to use to get it close. Well, I did better than that. I chipped it nicely to spot I wanted at the leading edge of that mound and my ball released, went up the mound and broke towards the hole nicely. So nicely that it rolled right in the cup for birdie.

The bad news is, my back is still FUBAR. The good news is, I'm remodeling a bathroom for my primary care physician and he and I are going to have a chat later today about this shitty back of mine.

You're trooper for sure...I had some back issues about 3 or 4 yrs ago that came out of nowhere...severe to the point that sitting, standing just hurt like hell, so I went to a DR...no strain, said it was spamic...gave me some 400mliogram percocet...a week goes by no problem...fly out the Colo I played a tourney and lo and behold it came back with a vengeance on the final of a 3 day tourney. I got up about 4a and it was no way I could swing a club...I took 2 percocets then, and 1 more before my 8a tee time...finished to round, but the 1st few swings I took it easy, like 5i from 120 yds easy. With the help of those drugs I finished the round and actually won the tourney, but was very fortunate to have a healthy lead going into the final day.

Last edited:

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played my first 18 holes yesterday. Only played once last year and maybe 4 times the year before. It's not like riding bike. It's frustrating. With my new job I actually have time for golf again so for the first time in maybe a decade I'm setting a goal to play almost every weekend and get my swing back. If I could get to hitting the ball pure again like I used to and get my score down in the 80's by this fall I will treat myself to getting fitted.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great new stat.

AGIR

....love it.

Actually the last guy I took a lesson from some 10+ yrs ago asked me how many GIR I hit, and I told him...then he said how many times are you AROUND the green in reg...and how many do you get up and down...it stuck.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played my first 18 holes yesterday. Only played once last year and maybe 4 times the year before. It's not like riding bike. It's frustrating. With my new job I actually have time for golf again so for the first time in maybe a decade I'm setting a goal to play almost every weekend and get my swing back. If I could get to hitting the ball pure again like I used to and get my score down in the 80's by this fall I will treat myself to getting fitted.

That's a good feeling.

When the great recession hit, I put my clubs down for almost 2 yrs...playing just a few times a yr...so nice to get back into on a regular basis.

Frustrating at times but fun.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, I got a tick bite and have come down with Lyme. Fuck!

It's kicking my ass but I'm on antibiotics so hopefully I can beat it. I tried to find a sub last Wed but nobody could fill in so I had to play. Shot a solid 38 and hit closest to the pin again for 33 bucks but then couldn't walk for two days.

Feeling better today but this morning was in serious pain again. Hope I can play Wed and not limp around.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, I got a tick bite and have come down with Lyme. Fuck!

It's kicking my ass but I'm on antibiotics so hopefully I can beat it. I tried to find a sub last Wed but nobody could fill in so I had to play. Shot a solid 38 and hit closest to the pin again for 33 bucks but then couldn't walk for two days.

Feeling better today but this morning was in serious pain again. Hope I can play Wed and not limp around.

Damn! Lyme is no joke man...stay on the meds...if you can handle the pain it does seem like a little exercise is helpful so I guess playing is not that bad.

Be well!

BTW...38 is a helluva 9, and all those swings in the yard seem to be paying off.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks man....feeling a little better this week so we'll see how it goes.

I started something really cool this year. Our par 3 8th hole is a 180yd uphill and pretty tough. I got 28 players to agree to toss in a dollar a week for a year long skin on the hole. So there's $28 a week riding on holding the lowest single score for the hole. If you birdie, you record it. If a second player birdies, the skin is cancelled and the money rides til next week. Nobody birdied the first week so tonight there's $58 for anyone making the sole birdie. It could carry over a number of weeks and grow pretty big.

On the final night of the league I've saved 3 bucks per player and on just that last night, we'll clear the slate with a closest to the pin competition.

Should be fun~

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK!

Played poorly Wed but snapped a sweet 5 wood to the center of the green on number 8 and had a 10 footer to win the cash....didn't even scare the cup.....shit.

It's a tough hole so it sucks to blow the opportunity.

Nobody birdied again so (that was supposed to be 29 players above) it'll be up to 87 bucks next week!

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caught a bad case of the shanks last week, so i was hoping I'd do better yesterday. Hole one, nice drive down the left side of the fairway to about 70 yds of the green. Pull out my SW and...shank the fucker, thankfully it didn't go in the creek.

After that I stood a little closer to the ball and started making nice contact. Didn't have another really bad shot until the par 3 7th where i was really hoping not to shank the ball (it was in my head) and I pulled the fucker into the trees for a triple bogie. Ended up with a 43 for the nine. I'll take it. Now if i could just get the negative thoughts out of my head, I might start scoring better.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst thing about the shanks is it makes you glad you pulled it left!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent last Sat...43-42 on a new track...Chimneys Golf Club...back at my home course yesterday and I really sucked on the front.

48-40

Hole #1 a fairly simple par 5 is eating my lunch lately. I say simple...it's only 505 yds but the tee shot really forces you to play it conservatively and I mean really conservatively. The fairway slopes hard right to left and a creek on the left all the way down to the green....I hit a nice 3 wood (conservative) to the left side of the fairway...of course it ends up on the edge of the hazard...in it actually, but I could get a club on it to punch out....you always have a hook lie in the fairway...and I hooked my 3rd into the FW bunker on the left...you're really hoping that bunker catches you because the hazard awaits again if it doesn't. Just short with my 4th, chip on 5 didn't bite and two putted for a 7.

I've gotten that hole 3 times for birdie this yr, so maybe I think I own it, but my buddies play it for a 5 off the tee...5i, 5i, 9i or PW...they rarely make worse than 6.

Went on to have another 7, over clubbed on the other par 5, and went for it and hit 2nd shot into the hzd green side and short game just butchered the rest of it. The 9th hole snowman as just a terrible drive OB, 3rd shot behind a tree, so I couldn't do much with 4th, wedge 5th over the green, 6 on two putt...struck it much better on the back, but a couple of 3 jacked greens hurt me. Low medal smoked me pretty good...he shot 78...with 37 on the back.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fucking worm-burned four shots in a row on our par 5 secong hole Wed! WTF?! Made a 12 footer to save a triple. Cripes. I was on the 5th tee at 6 over and then made five straight pars to hold down a 41.

The skin on our 8th hole is still standing. Two groups that couldn't finish due to lightening will get a crack at the $87.00 and barring a lone birdie from them, there will be $116.00 riding this week! I told ya it was a difficult hole but I'm really surprised that 100+ swipes at the hole haven't yielded a single birdie.

Trust me, that cash is in your head when you have a birdie putt. I had a simple 15ft uphill chip at it this week and burned the cup.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you play right out of the trunk or something...sound like maybe you weren't loose because you closed strong enough.

Great challenge on that par 3.

Sat was not a great round for me...44-46....2 birdies, but also 2 shanked wedges from the middle of the FW kind of killed my chances to break 90. After the sh---s I did hit a wedge to about 8' and made the putt for one of the birdies so that helped my brain.

Finally got a tee ball in play on the opening par 5, GIR and promptly 3 jacked for 6. Low medal was 86, and he probably should've shot 79 with all the putts he missed.

Just wasn't consistent with much of anything yesterday...need to hit the range today if the weather holds up...Fathers Day weekend we've got 8 guys playing Fri/Sat/Sun...$20 in the pot each each day for skins plus our regular $5/$5/$5 front back, overall.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got out for 18 yesterday at what is quickly becoming my favorite course Quail Hollow. Home - Quail Hollow

Fairly inconsistent day but ended up with a 86. Had some accuracy issues with my irons (pushing mainly), so my short game came into play a lot more than I'd like. My chipping was, and usually is miserable lol. Aside from that I was putting well, and hitting the ball off the tee really well. Spanked a drive 350yds on hole 7. I'm sure the downhill slope of the fairway helped add 10-20yds! Was driving consistently in the ~320yds range though.

For not being able to play that much these days with the baby in the house, I'll take an 86 any day!

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After dealing with a nasty back issue for over two weeks I decided to go play last Sunday morning at my home course. I didn't care that I still had a shiv stuck in the back of my shoulder blade or that my lower back was tighter than Dole when the check hits the table at restaurant gathering.

I played 18 in the morning (not well) and started drinking Bloody Mary's on 12 when the beverage cart finally made an appearance. My playing partner informed me towards the end of our round that another of our friends that is a member texted him to say that he was coming up to Canterbury shortly and asked if I was staying for another 18 and for some unknown reason I ordered another drink and said yes :L

I had never played 27 holes in one day before so 36 was quite a bit of golf for me. By the time I finished up my back was FUBAR like it hadn't been for many years.

Fast forward to the next morning, I woke up, got out of bed and stood there for a minute in disbelief. The shiv was about 80% gone and my lower back was pain free and loose :scratch:. Freakin bizarre, but I didn't complain.

Played a pain free 18 yesterday and hit the ball around the yard pretty well except for a couple of goofy holes, however my putter let me down badly and I hit an even 100. I didn't make a put longer than 3 feet all day and I missed a couple of those as well. Oh well, at least the pain is gone :yes:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got out for 18 yesterday at what is quickly becoming my favorite course Quail Hollow. Home - Quail Hollow

Fairly inconsistent day but ended up with a 86. Had some accuracy issues with my irons (pushing mainly), so my short game came into play a lot more than I'd like. My chipping was, and usually is miserable lol. Aside from that I was putting well, and hitting the ball off the tee really well. Spanked a drive 350yds on hole 7. I'm sure the downhill slope of the fairway helped add 10-20yds! Was driving consistently in the ~320yds range though.

For not being able to play that much these days with the baby in the house, I'll take an 86 any day!

You have some game brother!

I'm playing every weekend and 80-88 is about where I end up. To be honest I would be happy with 84-86 on most days on our home course. It's just tough. It has holes where you can score, but it's got 6 holes where dbl or worse is fairly easy...1,4,5,10,14,18....Trophy Club Apalachee

I don't like the layout at all, but it's close to house, my buds seem to like it, and the membership deal is hard to beat.

This week we're playing one of my favorites...the GA Club....this is a nice track, a lot longer than my home course, but more open...you're trying to avoid bunkers off the tee...not hazards and OB.